PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Samsung smart tv

roughneck
03-02-13, 12:35
Hi, just wondering if it is possible to stream live the content of my vu duo box (satellite channels) onto my new Samsung smart tv which is in another room and hooked up to the same network. I've looked at the browser option but that is pretty clunky and difficult to navigae with a tv remote. Grateful for some pointers, or to be told that it's not really possible with my level of skills :confused:?

Roughneck

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 21:29
Seen a post on here not so long ago, about same thing but not sure if it was same make of TV or not.

I'm sure in the thread the word "plex" appeared. So maybe do a search on the forum for that.....you might hit lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

sivhead
20-02-13, 21:58
Currently there is a plex Client released for the VUDUO which allows you to watch things from your plex server. I guess what you are after is a plex plugin for your server which allows you to watch Live Streams for your other plex clients such as your samsung TV.

Well there is a plex client being written at the moment which does exactly this I have tested it on the windows client for plex and can browse the channels ZAP and play the stream. However this currently does not work on the iphone or LG TV Client so there is a good chance it wont work on the samsung tv at the moment..

What you can do as a workaround is install samba on your Vuduo. FRom my library add a section > Choose Home movies > add \\vuduo\Harddisk\movie and you can watch your recordings using plex. The quality is excellent. (better than dreambox live). It even works over WWAN. I can watch my home recordings from wireless network on my iphone at work. Also if you start a recording and update your media library in plex you can watch the recording on your plex client whilst its recording (live tv but not so live if you catch my drift. (the quality for this is excellent).

Going back to the plugin for plex
If you want to keep your eye on the plex plugin for your streaming from webif then keep an eye on this thread

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/58831-dreambox-plugin-01-is-done/

finbarr
19-05-15, 12:19
@sivhead

I've been giving this a shot and can view live TV but not recordings.

Recordings are listed, but I get a message "There was a problem playing this item" when I try to watch in Chrome remotely via VPN.

Server log reports:

May 19, 2015 12:12:28 [0x10e39d000] ERROR - [Transcoder] http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/dreambox/PlayVideo/__NONE__?recorded=True&filename=media%2Fhdd%2Fmovie%2F20150517%2B2327%2B-%2BBBC%2BOne%2BNI%2BHD%2B-%2BMatch%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2.ts&folder=Match%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDay%2B2&audioid=__NONE__&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Invalid data found when processing input
May 19, 2015 12:12:29 [0x10dcef000] ERROR - Failed to start session successfully.

Here is my settings: (correct?)

What container/codec settings do people use?

Also, do you use the Experimental Player?

pembo
19-05-15, 17:22
You can use my app on the TV. Just google e2stream or find the thread here.
Streams live channels and recordings.

finbarr
19-05-15, 17:30
Hi Pembo. I do already (remember I was also developing the same app?) but I'm afraid e2stream cannot FF or rewind recordings very well. Have you tried that?

pembo
19-05-15, 23:05
I replied on the move and missed your name :)
So long as it was buffered, I found the rewind to work reasonably well using the 1,3 4,6 buttons on the remote, but i'll give it a try.

To be honest, I have similar issues with rewind over DLNA and plex also over a gigabit wired network. Some formats work, some don't, some times it does work, sometimes it doesn't! :confused:

finbarr
19-05-15, 23:12
Exactly. The API guide states what you mentioned about buffering. The great thing with Plex is that I have it set to Transcode and not direct stream and so I now have it working in the native Plex app on the TV. I can skip now and testing this evening it seems to work well.

any chance of using the transcoder for recordings in e2stream (as an option)

sigpark
19-05-15, 23:16
Sorry - miss post

pembo
20-05-15, 05:07
You can use the onbox e2 transcoder, but I guess you're using the one on the plex server which has a bit more grunt?

finbarr
20-05-15, 08:19
I would prefer to use the on box one but e2stream doesn't transcode recordings does it?

pembo
21-05-15, 23:49
it doesn't, but won't take much to add it... I'll take a look at doing it.