PDA

View Full Version : Set up help please

rinaldi1
03-02-13, 10:49
Hi Guys,
I've just received my new TM 2T OE and am looking for some advice. I am planning to connect 13e, 19.2e and 28.2e to tuner 1 and another feed from 28.2 to tuner 2. Do I scan all 3 sats on tuner1 or just 13 and 19 and then disconnected that feed and scan 28.2 on tuner2....or does it not matter? Also, could someone give me a step by step guide to flashing it and installing an image (and which is best),
many thanks

Larry-G
03-02-13, 11:08
My personal recommendation ( for what it's worth ), would be to use the following premade bouquet for 13 east and 19.2 east, then fire up the ABM plugin from within the ViX image to generate the sky uk lists, this once setup will also allow you to automate the sky uk side of things.

as for the image thats a very personal thing to you and only you can decide the best fit for your needs. I would recommend ViX although i am biased. Do you know which image is currently on the receiver ??.

rinaldi1
03-02-13, 11:46
No, haven't connected it yet. Have to sort my dish first but a bit blowy at the moment

Larry-G
03-02-13, 11:50
once your ready to set it up let us know and no doubt someone will walk you through the process, it can be a little daunting the first time but it's not as hard as some think.

manicscrewdriver
03-02-13, 11:58
The way i would do it is set the dish up using twin lnbs and 2 DISEqC switches.

If your using both tuners its obvious that you have to run two cables, so make the most of them. Theres nothing stopping you using two DISEqC switches with twin lnbs so all three positions are available to the both tuners :D

With the spare input on the switch you could use an old Sky Minidish to add another position. 5w and 30w are an easy catch on a Sky Minidish, although you may have to modify the holder (dependant on lnb type) with a file or a knife to allow the lnb to skew the opposite way as on the westerly sats so the skew will be in the opposite direction. You may be also able to get 9e on a Sky minidish also, but i don't know how much rain fade margin would be available.

You can scan the channels in on either tuner it doesn't make any difference :thumbsup:

Nano