PDA

View Full Version : Channel priority.

vu-duo-user
26-09-10, 14:49
I have setup tuner A on a fixed mini dish pointing at 28.2 E and tuner B on 1.2m dish pointing at 27.5 W - 42 E. But haven't included 28.2 E on the big dish. This gives a problem that if I want to record and watch two channels on 28.2 E I can't. If I add the sat to tuner B will it see the mini dish first and then the 1.2 dish second while only watching one channel on 28.2 E, this only because I don't want the big dish to move if it's not pointing at 28.2 E . I can't see the point at both dishes focusing on the same sat unless I want to watch one and record another. Also I don't want the big dish moving in the dark hours as I don't want the motor noise. So what I'am asking is there a priority to which tuner is selected and if so can I set it.

micscave
26-09-10, 16:16
The mini dish will have priority. Mine is set up this way only 28.2 E is included on the motorised dish on tuner B. If you're on another sat & you have a recording set up on 28.2 E, the mini dish will be the one that records. If however you're watching a program on astra 28.2 E and a timer starts on astra too, it will be your motorised dish on tuner b that will be used. So if at the time it is pointing at hotbird, it will move to astra. If you were recording on hotbird say but watching astra, then your mini dish would be the one that records and it would switch channels.

Hope this helps

vu-duo-user
26-09-10, 16:47
Yes it does thanks. I will activate 28.2 E on tuner B now.