PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Remote stopped working on VU+ Duo and TM-2T

mhoobag1
02-02-13, 11:32
My first post so I have included much info as poss to help.

Problems with following box's

Official bought from sponsor, Vu+ Duo running Vix 3.0 build 569, 1tb hard drive, 16gb flash drive, cross peg on 28.2 openTV set to download at 4am stored on external flash, hd picons stored on external flash, ice films plugin, samba network, nfs network.

Official bought from sponsor, TM-2T running Vix 3.0 build 569, 500gb hard drive, 16gb flash drive, cross peg on 28.2 openTV set to download at 4am stored on external flash, hd picons stored on external flash, ice films plugin, samba network, nfs network.

Short story, I came in after the lash and switched on the VU+ Duo and went to the hard drive for it to access the TM-T2 in bedroom through the network mounts that were set up. After finding the Network mount had dropped I went to the network settings in the VU+ Duo to see if I could set it back up.
The remote control became unresponsive and just stopped working. I then logged into the VU+ Duo via Open Webif and told the box to do a full reboot.
When the box rebooted the control still didn't work even with new batteries. I though maybe I had reprogrammed the control somehow and found something on the internet if I pressed 2+7 then help then 2003 (i think) it would reset the remote.
That failed so I grabbed my spare remote (clone)(altho I did not know this) and that did not work either.
I then logged into Open Webif and did factory reset and Neither remote would work.
I then though maybe the image was damaged then downloaded Vix 3.0 build589 and flashed the box.
Now the clone control works but the original don't.
By then I couldn't be bothered to watch TV in front room and went bedroom and watch it direct on TM-2T.
Now the funny thing is I have the same problem that the remote for the TM2T will not work on the box at all and I have to control the box via Open Webif.

Larry-G
02-02-13, 11:37
pressing 2 and 7 on the original Vu remote wont reset it to original but allows you to change the control channel. make sure its set to the correct one as below.

How to : Reprogram Vu+ Remote Control

you can change the system code of your vu+ universal rcu to the vu+ model that you want to control.
the default is mode 2

MODE 1 : SOLO/DUO
MODE 2: UNO/Ultimo
MODE 3 and 4 : reserved for future models

press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004
this will then allow you to use your selected vu+ model

If you want to use a universal remote, change to MODE 1!

----------------------------------------------------------

now to reset the remote properly you would do as below.

Try Press Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <6>

1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state

-------

as for the TM remote, silly question i know but did you try pressing the sat button ( not sure of the exact name ) on the top of the remote just so that you know it's not in TV mode ??.

mhoobag1
02-02-13, 11:46
My VU+ control is now working!!!!! Thank You!!!

I have pressed the sat button on my TM2T and it still don't work. I have also swapped batt and done full reboot of the box.
I can not understand how the TM2T's control has done the same as I had not touched it until I gave up on other and went to bed..

pressing 2 and 7 on the original Vu remote wont reset it to original but allows you to change the control channel. make sure its set to the correct one as below.

How to : Reprogram Vu+ Remote Control

you can change the system code of your vu+ universal rcu to the vu+ model that you want to control.
the default is mode 2

MODE 1 : SOLO/DUO
MODE 2: UNO/Ultimo
MODE 3 and 4 : reserved for future models

press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0001 or 0002 or 0003 or 0004
this will then allow you to use your selected vu+ model

If you want to use a universal remote, change to MODE 1!

----------------------------------------------------------

now to reset the remote properly you would do as below.

Try Press Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <6>

1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press <9>, <9>, <6>.
3. This will reverse the RCU into no configuration state

-------

as for the TM remote, silly question i know but did you try pressing the sat button ( not sure of the exact name ) on the top of the remote just so that you know it's not in TV mode ??.

Larry-G
02-02-13, 11:51
well i'm glad you have the Duo remote going again although i am not sure what the problem could be with the TM remote ( are you seeing the LED response on the VFD when pressing buttons on the TM remote ).

All i can really say is that i have never had either of my TM TWIN or TM 2T remotes fail on me and both still have their original batteries from new.

mhoobag1
02-02-13, 12:09
OK now I have solved the problem.
After pressing the TM2T's control I noticed the STB light on the remote flashing really fast and nothing happened on the box.
I've now swapped the batteries again for some old ones out another control and its sprung back to life..

I now suspect whats happened is the pack of batterys I've used are no good and as I've moved batterys around the controls all I've done is move the problem from the VU+ Duo to the TM2T. added to the fact I reprogrammed the Duos control to something else.

So now the problems are solved.

Thanks so much for your help. If it wasn't for you I would be halfway to flashing another box and still wondering why nothings working.

well i'm glad you have the Duo remote going again although i am not sure what the problem could be with the TM remote ( are you seeing the LED response on the VFD when pressing buttons on the TM remote ).

All i can really say is that i have never had either of my TM TWIN or TM 2T remotes fail on me and both still have their original batteries from new.

Larry-G
02-02-13, 12:15
no worries, thats what we are here for.

ABARKIE
26-08-13, 09:30
Hi

I have a similar problem

When I select a channel it works fine, but when I press OK it doesnt show the next program.

I have to press down and then exit to get it

One of my other Duo remotes works fine

I have tried pressing 2 & 7 together and typing help then 0001 and that didnt seem to work

Nor did pressing 1 & 6 and that didnt work

Any ideas please

Thanks