PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Stream between two Enigma2 receivers. How to?

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 10:28
Scenario:
two DUOs on the same LAN.
Duo-B has a DVB-T tuner.

Is it possible to have Duo-A connect via LAN to Duo-B and access the DVB-T programs? I mean like DUO-B were streming to a PC or mobile device.

marty
02-02-13, 10:31
Try remote stream converter in the plugin feeds :)

Rob van der Does
Yes: use the RemoteStreamConvertor plugin on DUO-A to copy the desired bouquets from DUO-B.

Larry-G
Have you tried the RemotestreamConvert plugin from the feeds ?. This plugin does pretty much exactly what you want from the Satellite tuners although i have never used it for a DVB-T tuner so i'm not sure about that one.

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 10:33
Three identical answers within 1 minute :thumbsup:

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 10:35
Thanx to all for the rapid replies.

Reading the plugin descriptions I did understand what it was for

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 10:45
mmm something is not working.
Installed it, went in service searching and set plug to connect to DUO-B and choosed the DVB-T bouquet. DUO-A fetched the services.

Now if I choose any channel present in the remote_DVBT bouquet nothing is showed. What should I check?

(just note that connecting with my iphone to DUO-B is working fine for every service both sat and terrestrial)

Larry-G
02-02-13, 10:54
hmm i'm not really sure what the problem is then, i used RSC for a good 3 months to stream a tuner from a ultimo to a uno that had no satellite feed and it was flawless, although as i said i never tried it with DVB-T only with DVB-S tuners from the Ultimo.

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 10:59
The only reason I can think of is the tuner not being free (due to a recording or streaming to an other device).

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 10:59
It's not working with DVB-S bouquets too.
Just tested.

the remote_bouquets are created among the local ones but the screen remains dark for both sat and terrestrial services.
How can I check if the remote channels are set ok?

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 11:25
Ok mates solved the issue:
DUO-B was locked in standby mode. Responsive to FTP, but not to remote commands.
I've not found any crashlog at all just two logs dated today. (attached below)

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 12:30
Never had any issues like that. You're sure you copied form the correct box?
And the created bouquets should not be among the existing ones, but at the bottom of your list.

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 12:31
Ok mates solved the issue:
DUO-B was locked in standby mode.
No idea what you mean by that: if the box is in standby, it should remain in standby when streaming.

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 14:17
Rob I mean this:
I went to check DUO-A and it was in standby. But unresponsive to any remote control command. So I could not wake it up. And I had to switch off.
ON restart the remote stream was working.

I posted the logs because on them you may see if something strage happened and caused the receiver freeze.
As said just debug log were generated, and no crash log was there.

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 15:45
If it happens again: see if the time on the VFD is frozen as well. If so: it's a systemcrash (which is quite different from an Enigma2 crash, and indeed will not generate any crashlogs).
Systemcrashes on the DUO can probably be prevented by using the CacheFlush plugin: it's available via the feeds. Set it to half an hour or so.

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 17:40
If it happens again: see if the time on the VFD is frozen as well. If so: it's a systemcrash (which is quite different from an Enigma2 crash, and indeed will not generate any crashlogs).
Systemcrashes on the DUO can probably be prevented by using the CacheFlush plugin: it's available via the feeds. Set it to half an hour or so.
Rob, this is a great clue for me.
The fact that you point to check if the time is frozen is something nobody else suggest may be a cause of crash. For many issues I'm affected.
I'll try and use the CacheFlush plugin.
Any other suggested setting beside the one you mentioned?

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 17:58
I use cache flush and I can confirm my box is a lot more stable, and responsive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

twol
02-02-13, 19:33
Systemcrashes on the DUO can probably be prevented by using the CacheFlush plugin: it's available via the feeds. Set it to half an hour or so.Rob is this duo specific?

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 21:09
Rob is this duo specific?
Yes .

dragoscevero
12-09-13, 14:38
I tried to use remotestreamconvert on a HD800SE, pointing to my Quad in another room.
It takes the bouquets I check right, but when I try to watch the remote channels, it freeze. Video is quite good, and keep running, with regular speed, audio is jumping, slow and unpaired, and, at the second channel I switch the box locks on that, with video keeping running fine, no audio or audio jumps, and no way to let it keep any command (I've tried 5-6 times, and all times it happens on 2nd channel switched).
The only way I have to get it working again is shutting it off by removing power cord and turning it on again.
With a pc connected to the same lan port I get no issue watching streams from QUAD or viewing NAS videos.

What can I do to get it work smooth? It's a must-have plugin!

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 15:16
1- What image is the HD800SE on?
2- does this happen on HD or also on SD? And on FTA?
3- Is your network fine? Not wireless I hope?

dragoscevero
12-09-13, 20:54
1- What image is the HD800SE on?
2- does this happen on HD or also on SD? And on FTA?
3- Is your network fine? Not wireless I hope?

SE mount VIX image. Quad is with an openPli image. Both updated.
Also on SD channels, (I've tried only that channels, SE is on a 4:3 SD tv.
Didn't try on a FTA channel, i'll give it a try.
Network works fine, with lan cables, Tried with a notebook on the same lan port that I use for SE, works fine the stream from the quad.

800SE has only a 16 GB usb key as a disk, and permanent timeshift activated; can it be the cause? I've readed that the duo had some troubles resolved by a plugin, can I try the same?

Rob van der Does
12-09-13, 20:56
Ah indeed: timeshift on streaming isn't right. It will require the stream two times.

dragoscevero
12-09-13, 21:39
Tried to disable timeshift. A little better, I was able to switch channel more times. But where first stream channel switched was perfect, the others had bad audio, with jumps and sometimes it disappear. I was able to come back to live tv from internal tuner, then at the new stream channel switched, it blocked another time, with video going on nicely, without any audio, and with commands locked, no way to switch or turn off by remote.
Only way to exit is removing power cable.

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 05:36
As disabling TS makes things better, and going by the description you give, it really does look like bandwidth problems.
Could you try plugging the 800 in your router directly? You're not using homeplugs?
I know several DM's had a bad NIC; no idea if that applies to the 800SE.
Also is the 800 on PLi 4?

dragoscevero
13-09-13, 07:07
The only try I've done is attaching my notebook to the same lan port of the 800SE, and this one works nicely, so I thinked lan worked at least as well as a stream needs.
I'll try to find longest Lan cables to make a try. My lan has a "main" switch where the SE is connected, and a "cascade" switch (both gigalan) where the QUAD and the NAS are connected (I have no more space for more cables to go to the main switch). I know it is not the best situation, but is the only i can afford. And no homeplugs in my lan.
I think QUAD is on PLi 3.0, I received it back from assistance as it is, I think today I'll migrate it to Vix again, I fell much better with this image.
How can I test the 800SE NIC speeds?

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 07:27
Ahh, the 800SE is a GigaBlue? I thought it was a Dreambox (why does GB use the same names as DM :rolleyes: ).
I only heard about bad NIC's on Dreamboxes, not on GB's.

I would indeed flash ViX 735 first, and see if the issue persists.
If it does, I would (for testing purposes only) move the box to quite near the router, and use a short Ethernet cable. It's just for ruling out (or in...) lan-problems.

dragoscevero
13-09-13, 09:04
do you mean flashing vix735 on the "server" quad? Because I've done it yet on the "client" Gigablue 800SE...

Yes, it's a stupid way to give boxes names by Gigablue...
Thanks!

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 09:57
Sorry, I'm confused by all the names and images.....
Nope, for the server it won't make much difference (I think). I would run the client on ViX, but apparently that is already the case.

dragoscevero
13-09-13, 10:38
Yes, last vix installed on the "client" Hd800SE.
And I'm pretty sure it's not a lan problem, with that 800SE I'm able to watch (in same cases better than with the Quad) HD mkv and heavy AVI videos from my domestic NAS, (that's plugged on the same room, and same switch, of the "Server" Gigablue QUAD) without any freeze, and to watch HD videos from internet streaming services.
How can I try to manually add an m3u or internal lan address stream with the 800SE? I want to try if manually I can get rid of this... In fact I want to stream at least 5-6 pay channels who are decoded from my Quad, the others are locally watched by the SE...
Thanks again...

dragoscevero
13-09-13, 11:43
I've tried using "add stream channel" plugin, and manually adding a remote SD channel. As I was thinking about, it works nicely, with no problem.
Later I'll try adding some more stream channels that way, maybe also some HD ones, and see if with some zapping it keep working well.
I think that's something wrong about my configuration of remotestreamconvert... maybe it won't point to my 8001 port?

dragoscevero
13-09-13, 16:14
Ok, I've got the solution to my problems, manually modifing one bouquet.
I've got ftp access to etc/enigma2 folder, where are stored .tv bouquet files, and I've opened the one where I saved the channel added with "add stream url" plugin...
The syntax is different from the ones stored by remotestreamconvert, where remotestreamconvert point to a service using that one:

#SERVICE 1:0:1:2AA8:1838:FBFF:820000:0:0:0:http%3A//192.168.1.111%3A8001/1%3A0%3A1%3A2AA8%3A1838%3AFBFF%3A820000%3A0%3A0%3A 0:Sky Sport 1
add stream url puts the following sintax:

#SERVICE 4097:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3A//192.168.1.111%3A8001/1%3A0%3A1%3A2AA8%3A1838%3AFBFF%3A820000%3A0%3A0%3A 0%3A:Sky Sport 1
Both point (obviously) to 8001 streaming port, but using a different service syntax, where one repeats the service name of the channel without substitution of the : with %3A symbol at the service start, the other use a specific code, the same for all services.

I don't know the meaning of those services syntax, but in my case the one from remote stream url works nicely, the other no.

I've manually copied http stream addresses of the other channels I'm interested to stream, and then ftp back the modified file to the box, at new startup it works nicely.
But now I'm curious to know why those problems, and why they happens in my situation, where many people use remotestreamconvert without issues...
Thanks again!

Rob van der Does
13-09-13, 17:06
I really have no idea; I use he plugin on all my boxes and never had any issue.

Anyway: be happy you got it sorted :thumbsup: