PDA

View Full Version : TM800 not booting

manicscrewdriver
01-02-13, 23:01
Can anybody help here. I have a TM800 that has decided that it no longer wants to boot up. All i am getting is the word Technomate scrolling across the screen. I cannot access Mini root in order to flash a new image to it. Does anybody have any ideas?

I have tried the holding down the stand by button whilst switching the power on at the rear, and i have tried pressing the stand by button rapidly when powering on the box, still nothing.

Is it possible to jtag this box if it is a damaged bootloader or is it a case of sending back to Technomate.

Any help would be appreciated as it would be a shame to let it go to waste

Nano

manicscrewdriver
02-02-13, 11:58
I did a log from putty last night, this is what it said.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2013.02.01 22:59:34 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

--------------------------------------------------------------------
-- STB225 Primary Bootloader dev, NI (01:50:22, Jun 21 2010)
-- Miky, Linux UR Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Device: PNX8335 M1
Secure boot: enabled, keysel: 0, vid: 0 (expecting 2)
Poly10: 0x00000000
Flash config: 7 (omni: 8bit NAND), timing: 0x0C
CPU clock: 320 MHz

Fatal: VID mismatch

Does this make it any clearer as to what the issue may be?

Nano

abu baniaz
02-02-13, 13:35
I don't believe it can be jtagged by the consumer.

If you don't get an answer, give TM a buzz, they might have a solution. Please post what the fix is if there is one.

manicscrewdriver
02-02-13, 20:28
Believe it or not it may be a possible issue with the Cardreader according to TM :confused:

Just waiting for more info from Technomate at the moment to confirm if this can be fixed or not :D

Nano

jimmy0411
10-02-13, 20:43
hi your tm 800hd has to be flashed with a rs232 cable with the origibal firmware

manicscrewdriver
10-02-13, 21:31
hi your tm 800hd has to be flashed with a rs232 cable with the origibal firmware

It was a problem with the card reader as earlier stated, this was confirmed by the support staff at Technomate.

Even if you flashed it with the original firmware with RS232 or usb stick it would not have made any difference as it was the bootloader that was stopping the box from booting not the firmware. These boxes are not designed to be flashed using RS232, thats what the miniweb function was there for.

I tried the suggestion of using RS232 and a hyperterminal in ymodem mode and it didn't make a scrap of difference as that was not what was causing the issue. Can't remember who it was who pm'd me with the link but like i said it didn't make a scrap of difference as the problem was a hardware issue, not software.

Nano