PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] "Missing" feature in the ViX EPG...

bjorntj
01-02-13, 23:01
When adding a timer event, I have to press the green button... But I was wondering if it is possible to add one more option for the OK button under Menu settings for the EPG, so I can choose that pressing OK adds the timer event? I already has my hand around the OK button when moving up and down in the EPG, so it would be more practical to press OK instead of the green button....

Regards,

BTJ

judge
01-02-13, 23:02
You can press the record button?

bjorntj
01-02-13, 23:05
Yes, I could but I will then have to move my fingers more than I need for the green button... :) (I am using a Harmony Touch remote control....)

BTJ

andyblac
02-02-13, 12:50
sorry, but i am not going to add this just because your lazy :D.

bjorntj
02-02-13, 14:01
Hmmm... It's not about being lazy, it's about make things more effective... :p

BTJ

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 20:24
Hmmm... It's not about being lazy, it's about make things more effective... :p
LOL, more effective by having multiple buttons for a simple function...... :confused:

bjorntj
02-02-13, 21:03
I have never understood why having more than one button that can do the same action, would be confusing but I guess that's just me.. It is also just an option that they who want to can use, if you don't want it you don't have to use it...
But it is not a big deal, just thought it would be a feature that would make this image even better... :)

BTJ

Stanman
02-02-13, 23:26
Simple request does not = simple task.
You have to appreciate the amount of coding and cross checking of codd for a feature than is already very simple to use.

bjorntj
02-02-13, 23:31
Yes, I do... But I am a developer myself and I can not see that this would be such a hard nut to crack... But it was only a suggestion, I can live with the way it is now also.. If I don't, I can always go back to using Cool TV Guide again...

BTJ

Stanman
02-02-13, 23:32
As a developer mate, have a crack at changing it to suit your needs.

All the image info is in the GIT.

warajoker
02-02-13, 23:33
it would be a feature that would make this image even better... :)

LOOL. how is changing the command of 1 button for another button going to make the image any better LOOL. just because you cant be arsed to move one finger an extra cm down. you are the only person out of all the members on WOS to ask this. so if I and thousands of others can do it then so can you.

( I don't mean any of that in a harsh way. im just posting what I feel)

bjorntj
02-02-13, 23:35
Yes, I could... But I have never used Python and I don't have time to learn it at the moment either... :confused:

BTJ

bjorntj
02-02-13, 23:36
LOOL. how is changing the command of 1 button for another button going to make the image any better LOOL. just because you cant be arsed to move one finger an extra cm down. you are the only person out of all the members on WOS to ask this. so if I and thousands of others can do it then so can you.

( I don't mean any of that in a harsh way. im just posting what I feel)

It is not changing a command, it's adding... But I will not pursue this any further....

BTJ

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 08:00
Yes, I do... But I am a developer myself and I can not see that this would be such a hard nut to crack... But it was only a suggestion, I can live with the way it is now also.. If I don't, I can always go back to using Cool TV Guide again...
1- Join us then?
2- is Cool ViX-compatible atm? If so: please post it here.
And what advantages does Cool have?

bjorntj
03-02-13, 09:57
At the moment I don't have time but I will think about it.. :)
I haven't tried Cool TV Guide on this release so I do not know if it is compatible at the moment... The advantages is that it is more customizable... (I like to set up things the way I like it and not the way others like it... ;) )

BTJ

dlmlus
03-02-13, 11:40
hear hear, stanman

andyblac
03-02-13, 12:08
At the moment I don't have time but I will think about it.. :)
I haven't tried Cool TV Guide on this release so I do not know if it is compatible at the moment... The advantages is that it is more customizable... (I like to set up things the way I like it and not the way others like it... ;) )

BTJ

the last time i tried CoolTVGuide it was to dam slow.

guff daddy
03-02-13, 13:02
the last time i tried CoolTVGuide it was to dam slow.

I tried it again recently and found it quite unstable (yellow button for Search EPG produces greenscreen etc. etc.)