PDA

View Full Version : Worth an upgrade

tandaman
01-02-13, 20:08
I have a vu solo 1 box...besides the double tuner is it worth upgrading to the solo2. What other differences are there.

warajoker
01-02-13, 20:12
twin tuners , GB Ethernet ,transcoding, 1.3 ghz processor so its very very fast compared to the solo1. its defitnetly worth the upgrade imho but if you only want to watch tv then its not unless you want the extra benefits that I stated at the beginning.
I have a vu solo 1 box...besides the double tuner is it worth upgrading to the solo2. What other differences are there.

tandaman
02-02-13, 10:15
Cheers mate...Think I might upgrade...Hey Im a gadet freak

Sicilian
02-02-13, 10:53
Like comparing a Mini to Ferrari ;)

RustySpoons
04-02-13, 17:56
Best box I've ever owned and I've had lots since 1990. It's a quality item, looks gorgeous and if I'm allowed to say this it's built better than my DM800HD. Really quick to do everything especially compiling plugins etc.

It's early days with this box so power hasn't been fully utilised yet, can't wait to see what it's capable of in the future.

VU+ Really got it right this time and hit a sweet spot price wise.

Tkr001
04-02-13, 22:32
The only thing that still bugs me is the inability to watch an in progress recording of a scrambled channel (including a timeshifted one). As all my channels are scrambled it is a big deal for me. Fingers crossed VU will fix it soon.

Shakula
05-02-13, 11:12
The only thing that still bugs me is the inability to watch an in progress recording of a scrambled channel (including a timeshifted one). As all my channels are scrambled it is a big deal for me. Fingers crossed VU will fix it soon.

+1 Only problem I have so far with the box. Had I known before I bought it I mayby would have waited.

dfdream
05-02-13, 13:03
Wow is that actually the case with the SOLO2.
So if a scrambled recording is started you cant watch it till its over ?
Thats a total disaster...Thats a basic thing youd expect from any box...
Its out over 3 months...Thats one you fix in a day or 2 with top priority...

We are seeing more of this crack... Boxes released with major flaws...

Sicilian
05-02-13, 13:26
Wow is that actually the case with the SOLO2.
So if a scrambled recording is started you cant watch it till its over ?
Thats a total disaster...Thats a basic thing youd expect from any box...
Its out over 3 months...Thats one you fix in a day or 2 with top priority...

We are seeing more of this crack... Boxes released with major flaws...

No you can watch what is being recorded fine, you cannot watch the recording from the beginning until its finished recording.

dfdream
05-02-13, 13:42
Thats what I mean.
I regularly start watching recordings about 10-15 mins into the recording so I can skip the ads.
So thats not possible ????

No you can watch what is being recorded fine, you cannot watch the recording from the beginning until its finished recording.

Sicilian
05-02-13, 13:47
This only affects encrypted recordings, VU+ are aware of the issue.

Tkr001
06-02-13, 01:57
As I said, all my channels are encrypted so.......I too like to skip adds so the only thing I watch live is sports. Luckily I have a Duo too so can use that to a degree. Means the Solo2 isn't used to its full potential though.

bokkie
06-02-13, 13:18
Looks like they released new drivers today.
Hopefully that'll put it right.

RustySpoons
11-02-13, 20:50
Meant to reply back here a few days ago, yeah the new drivers have fixed this issue.