PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Timer conflict

nexstar
01-02-13, 15:46
Apologies if I'm in the wrong section here but I'm not sure which bit of code handles the timers. Please feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else.

I've got a VU+ Ultimo with 3 tuners running the ViX image build 580 and CrossEPG.

I have no padding of timers enabled but hit a snag last night when trying to set up an autotimer which reported a conflict.

Next Thursday (7th Feb) there are timers set up for:

20:00 - 21:00 - Location, Location Location - Channel 4 HD
20:00 - 21:00 - The Planners - BBC2
20:30 - 21:00 - Nursing the Nation - ITV1 HD

I then tried to set:

21:00 - 22:00 - Junior Doctors: Your Life in... - BBC three

and it reported a conflict.

I know that the three previous recordings all end at 21:00 but should it be able to record Junior Doctors?

Is there some sort of auto-padding adjuster plugin to try and sort out conflicts when they crop up should you have autopadding set up? I couldn't find one but had something similar on my Tivo and later PVR's and wondered if I'd missed one at all.

Also, I've noticed that some recordings which are set don't always show in the epg as being set. This can sometimes cause multiple recordings being set up for the same programme although I've checked that there aren't any duplicates for those above.

Thanks for any info :)

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 16:36
It is because you have recordings set to overrun by 5 minutes default. And recordings start 3 minutes early by default also. You would need to change that to zero, I think. So then a tuner will free up

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

nexstar
01-02-13, 16:46
It is because you have recordings set to overrun by 5 minutes default. And recordings start 3 minutes early by default also. You would need to change that to zero, I think. So then a tuner will free up

Thanks for your reply but it's not that as I've got both the 'Margin before recording' and 'Margin after recording' (I call it 'padding' :) ) set to zero in the recording settings.

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 16:52
Can't see why it wouldn't work like that then, I'm afraid. Other than setting 1 of you're recordings manually to stop at 20:59.

Stanman
01-02-13, 16:53
Do you have 3 cables rather than loopthrough on some tuners.

I think the problem is start time and end time are exactly the same and that's shy. If you had 20:59 and 21:00 it would not have conflicted.

It should nth conflict Osama start and end time but appears to be.

nexstar
07-02-13, 00:00
Yes, I've got 3 cables and 3 tuners. I manually adjusted one of the timers to 20:59 and that allowed the later timer to be set. Unfortunately, the auto-timer kept setting it back to 21:00 and so it conflicted again. I guess I probably should have adjusted the auto-timer itself rather than the timer it had set as it probably gets refreshed.

Anyway, I deleted the auto-timer and just set up a timer for 20:59 again and that is now ok :) . I just wondered if it should have been ok as it was.