PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] HELP no LNBs detected after update to build 589

Ezee
01-02-13, 13:44
I spend 55 minutes pushing the ch- button probably 50 times (who ever thought of this bright system) and the result is that it cannot detect any LNB....I have 4 proprietary boxes running on the same LNB's without any problems

I cannot restore the settings because I did that yesterday updating from 2.3 to 3.0.262 and it was crashing every time after exactly 29 minutes....so I chose to skip that with the above results.

Wondering how long the flashing should take normally because in this way it is only suitable for people without a life...

Could use some serious help now, I opened the window already to toss this dodgy piece of equipment out

andyblac
01-02-13, 15:51
I spend 55 minutes pushing the ch- button probably 50 times (who ever thought of this bright system) and the result is that it cannot detect any LNB....I have 4 proprietary boxes running on the same LNB's without any problems

I cannot restore the settings because I did that yesterday updating from 2.3 to 3.0.262 and it was crashing every time after exactly 29 minutes....so I chose to skip that with the above results.

Wondering how long the flashing should take normally because in this way it is only suitable for people without a life...

Could use some serious help now, I opened the window already to toss this dodgy piece of equipment out

try resetting up your SAT configuration. some defaults have been changed.

Ezee
01-02-13, 16:00
I am already busy re-Flashing for 1,5 hour now, is that normal????

previous I tried to set the SAT config in the wizard that is opening but no results

andyblac
01-02-13, 16:03
I am already busy re-Flashing for 1,5 hour now, is that normal????

previous I tried to set the SAT config in the wizard that is opening but no results

no, should take no longer a 5 mins max.

Ezee
01-02-13, 16:05
so......why is it looping then???? every update bringer bigger prob's
I think I choose the wrong machine, this is not for people that just wanna watch HQ HD tv and not play with that all the time

twol
01-02-13, 16:18
so......why is it looping then????
Sorry if this is too basic, but you don't give much info apart from it doesn't work
You talk of multiple boxes, so which one are you trying to update?
If you were on VIX 2.3 (OLD), did you update the bootloader, before reflashing??
You cannot restore old settings.
Apart from ver 592, which is causing a boot loop, 3.0 is pretty stable, and should only take 5 mins to flash.

So try a complete reflash - bootloader and then a clean install of one of the recent 3.0 versions.
Then setup your tuners with the wizard, rescan and add one of the normal bouquets - should take less than 45 mins, start to finish.

Ezee
01-02-13, 16:28
I am talking about multiple boxes (4 non-linux) as in on the same sat installation normally reading the LNB's

How to update the bootloader? where to find? (is it included into the image update file if it is mandatory to update it?) I did not find it on the image download page (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/) all are there but not the one for VU+ uno

I did not read any info about the bootloader on the release note of the 3.0x image

come on guy's this is not user friendly.....if you ever wanna turn your hard work into solid money you going the wrong road here....

Ezee
01-02-13, 17:08
I just now flashed the build 204 for 10 minutes, it was also looping but Ijust passed the press CH- request and let it boot, skipped the wizards and manually configured the tuner. Now it is searching channels...hoping it will give me some picture

that is not the way it is supposed to go or is it?

twol
01-02-13, 17:09
I am talking about multiple boxes (4 non-linux) as in on the same sat installation normally reading the LNB's

How to update the bootloader? where to find? (is it included into the image update file if it is mandatory to update it?) I did not find it on the image download page (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/) all are there but not the one for VU+ uno

I did not read any info about the bootloader on the release note of the 3.0x image

come on guy's this is not user friendly.....if you ever wanna turn your hard work into solid money you going the wrong road here....
Yep, my error (I have Xtrend boxes), apparently you don't have to reflash the VU+ Uno :o
So should take even less time to reflash an image :)

Ezee
01-02-13, 17:11
so lets find out what can be my problem....the real proffessional solving the problems; delivering the goods anyone can do

Ezee
01-02-13, 18:09
I just now flashed the build 204 for 10 minutes, it was also looping but Ijust passed the press CH- request and let it boot, skipped the wizards and manually configured the tuner. Now it is searching channels...hoping it will give me some picture

that is not the way it is supposed to go or is it?

So I am having signal and seems to be working normal, why isn't the install stopping when it is ready? or did I know just partially overwrite the previous install? Can somebody explain where it is going wrong? can I be doing something causing this?

Ezee
01-02-13, 18:41
no, should take no longer a 5 mins max.

any clue Andy?

twol
01-02-13, 18:46
So I am having signal and seems to be working normal, why isn't the install stopping when it is ready? or did I know just partially overwrite the previous install? Can somebody explain where it is going wrong? can I be doing something causing this?
So did it finish the scans? If so have you setup your bouquets so that you can watch something?

Ezee
01-02-13, 18:53
Yes I did, thanks for asking. Having some picture after spending my afternoon with this hellmachine

But I still need to know why the flashing is looping....something is wrong and I will find out what it is. This looping did not occur with the first VIX image I flashed there and I am still using the same USB stick for it so that can not be the problem.

If it can not be resolved the box is out....the results counts and if it does not do what it is supposed to do I will loose it No time to play with incompetent crap

Ezee
01-02-13, 20:20
The signal strength is not showing anymore, just the time. Where can I set that I don't seem to be able to find it

twol
01-02-13, 20:29
Yes I did, thanks for asking. Having some picture after spending my afternoon with this hellmachine

But I still need to know why the flashing is looping....something is wrong and I will find out what it is. This looping did not occur with the first VIX image I flashed there and I am still using the same USB stick for it so that can not be the problem.

If it can not be resolved the box is out....the results counts and if it does not do what it is supposed to do I will loose it No time to play with incompetent crap
If it loads how can it be looping.... You flash the image, it boots and loads starting usually with the wizard.....it is a very quick, easy process. I am missing information somewhere?

twol
01-02-13, 20:32
The signal strength is not showing anymore, just the time. Where can I set that I don't seem to be able to find it
Menu, setup, system, time settings

Ezee
01-02-13, 21:41
No....it just loops. I was nicely sitting there honestly for 1,5 hour pressing the ch- for 71 times (I kept record of it on a piece of paper) and still it was going on...

The last attempt I just canceled after 15 minutes by not pressing the ch- button (which you should do withing 10 seconds I believe) causing it to boot. The install is not self terminating when it is finished, for some reasson it is not registering the progress of the install and concluding termination is due.

Ezee
01-02-13, 22:44
I think you misunderstand the looping> the flashing process itself is looping all the time: it never boots because it never finishes the flashing process....until I not pressing the CH- button within the ten seconds when prompted for that, then it boots.

So when I will keep press the CH- button every time it will ask me I will be sitting there until the machine and I wear off...

andyblac
02-02-13, 12:56
I think you misunderstand the looping> the flashing process itself is looping all the time: it never boots because it never finishes the flashing process....until I not pressing the CH- button within the ten seconds when prompted for that, then it boots.

So when I will keep press the CH- button every time it will ask me I will be sitting there until the machine and I wear off...

ok, listen, you only press the CH- ONCE, it will flash and reboot, as the usb stick is still attached it will automatically detect the SAME flash files, and REASK if you want to flash. OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT, as you just flashed it.

it will continues to boot.

Ezee
02-02-13, 19:22
thanx for this basic information that can be usefull put in a "how to" basic sticky section. You will obtain a far larger group of fans when you will look at the "user friendly first approach" Booring to coders that i know......but alpha testers are not hard to find......
And for a practised coder as you it should be a breeze building an installer taking care that these kind of primitive stupidities will not occur in the first place.

I hope you can take a small chunk of criticism.

atleast I know now my box is not faulty, and I finally lost some timer and recording problems that where persisting in 2.3

and I probably have to flash that once again to loose the samba problem that came with 3.0 first build that I have now

Huevos
02-02-13, 22:17
And for a practised coder as you it should be a breeze building an installer taking care that these kind of primitive stupidities will not occur in the first place.This has nothing to do with the image or image coder. The flash procedure is written by the manufacturer and is different for every receiver.

Stanman
02-02-13, 23:12
thanx for this basic information that can be usefull put in a "how to" basic sticky section. You will obtain a far larger group of fans when you will look at the "user friendly first approach" Booring to coders that i know......but alpha testers are not hard to find......
And for a practised coder as you it should be a breeze building an installer taking care that these kind of primitive stupidities will not occur in the first place.

I hope you can take a small chunk of criticism.

atleast I know now my box is not faulty, and I finally lost some timer and recording problems that where persisting in 2.3

and I probably have to flash that once again to loose the samba problem that came with 3.0 first build that I have now

Sorry totally disagree, after so many attempts, common sense would say to leave it alone and not keep pressing the - button when prompted.

As Huevos has said, nothing to do with the image and nothing we can do its manufacturers setup.

Look on the bright side at least you have 71 experiences of flashing the boxe, which is more than some of beta testers

Ezee
03-02-13, 12:39
working with alpha testers would surface this issue being problematic to none hobby users.

You are in aliance with the manufactorer so there is some shared responsibility for a satisfactory user experience or couldn't you care less? keep aks for pressing a button when no need does not strike me as particulary inteligent software architecture or what?

Sorry if I am not understanding the goal trying to be acheeved here but it certainly is not clear that with purchasing a box like this you potentially ending up being forced in the hands of software cowboys. If you looking to extend the handling features of the Vu to non-linux boxes an alternative image like yours is just a must. And even if you do simple stuff like ajusting e.g pid cannot be done without an add on.

Does not mean it is not being apreceated but for the oblivious box buyer it leads to a big dissapointment about all the work and effort involved getting it right, because the picture of the box of course is fantastic and who wants to miss out on that?

I hope you can understand the frustration....

judge
03-02-13, 12:46
It asks you to press the button if you want to update, then times out so boots to the installed image.
If you choose to sit in front of any box & decide to update 71 times in a row without letting the box boot, i'm not sure anything can be done to help you.

Larry-G
03-02-13, 12:49
working with alpha testers would surface this issue being problematic to none hobby users.

You are in aliance with the manufactorer so there is some shared responsibility for a satisfactory user experience or couldn't you care less? keep aks for pressing a button when no need does not strike me as particulary inteligent software architecture or what?

Sorry if I am not understanding the goal trying to be acheeved here but it certainly is not clear that with purchasing a box like this you potentially ending up being forced in the hands of software cowboys. If you looking to extend the handling features of the Vu to non-linux boxes an alternative image like yours is just a must. And even if you do simple stuff like ajusting e.g pid cannot be done without an add on.

Does not mean it is not being apreceated but for the oblivious box buyer it leads to a big dissapointment about all the work and effort involved getting it right, because the picture of the box of course is fantastic and who wants to miss out on that?

I hope you can understand the frustration....

I'm sorry but i fail to see the point of your rant.

We are a amateur group producing images for free, we are not allied with any manufacturers and we certainly have no say over their products and what should and should not be the correct way of doing things. personally i would have flashed it no more than 5 times before coming into the forum to ask for help not sit there for hours and hours then come on the forum to berate us over something we have no control over at all.

Ezee
03-02-13, 21:14
this is not a rant.....it is a sturdy complaint, you can never improve based on just compliments as much as that would be the ideal virtual world.

If you are not affiliated then what is doing the alliance member notification in your headers?

looks serious but has not the meaning it displays......go figure

As an oblivious user it would be an enourmus help to find here a clear section of classical (if you want oldfashioned) "how to's" that wil contain most elementry step-by-step instructions that each don,t have contain more then ten lines to make basic use and installation of the image and basic plugins idiot proof......that is what all boils down to.

Let me know if you need a contribution on that, I learned the first part here just now......

Larry-G
03-02-13, 21:36
this is not a rant.....it is a sturdy complaint, you can never improve based on just compliments as much as that would be the ideal virtual world.

If you are not affiliated then what is doing the alliance member notification in your headers?

looks serious but has not the meaning it displays......go figure

As an oblivious user it would be an enourmus help to find here a clear section of classical (if you want oldfashioned) "how to's" that wil contain most elementry step-by-step instructions that each don,t have contain more then ten lines to make basic use and installation of the image and basic plugins idiot proof......that is what all boils down to.

Let me know if you need a contribution on that, I learned the first part here just now......

The OE-Alliance is a group of amateur coders and image teams who all use the same central git and repository as a base for our collective works, we all ( every team ) still maintain our own Enigma2. We still have no say in what manufacturers choose to do on their end.

as to a "basic idiot proof installation guide" how about this ??.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8148-How-to-flash-Upgrade-Vu-Uno-via-USB-memory-stick&p=60645&viewfull=1#post60645

Huevos
03-02-13, 21:48
If you are not affiliated then what is doing the alliance member notification in your headers?The OE-Alliance is a group of teams that share a common open source software core upon which alternative E2 images for Broadcom powered STBs are constructed. It is nothing to do with the manufacturers of the STBs. The boot procedures are written by the manufacturers in closed source code and therefore are not open for the teams to edit/improve. If you have got a problem with the flash procedure of your receiver send an email to the manufacturer.

Ezee
03-02-13, 22:04
Ok thank you for explaining the true meaning.

If we would have a website that had to relly on fulltext search to find basic information effectivly we would be bankrupt really fast....but you're right: I did not expect the machine to prompt me to do something that is not suposed to be done, what did not make me think do a search on the forum about something that was not obviously faulty.....my mistake.

But this discussion is running in circles and far beyond the thread description allready making it pretty bad contribution for fulltext searchers......feel free to remove it