PDA

View Full Version : mediacenter

mufc1983
26-09-10, 01:27
hi
can someone tell me pls where can i download a good media center plugin for the vix?

bluepeter
27-09-10, 18:03
hi
can someone tell me pls where can i download a good media center plugin for the vix?

Yeah! I'd like BoxeeBox or XBMC

andyblac
28-09-10, 16:06
Yeah! I'd like BoxeeBox or XBMC

not enough processor power for either of those i am afraid :), i just use the recording list 'button' then navigate to your media files, it plays mkv's better than the MediaPlayer plugin , dont know why but it does :D

bluepeter
28-09-10, 18:31
not enough processor power for either of those i am afraid :), i just use the recording list 'button' then navigate to your media files, it plays mkv's better than the MediaPlayer plugin , dont know why but it does :D

Not wanting to disagree with you Andy as I know you are the coder for the Vix image, but the 400mips of the Vu+ is quite capable of running either, I play blu ray rips (MKV's) from the harddrive - what it lacks is video acceleration. Boxeebox is due to run on a media streamer/player due to be released from D-Link - originally it had a tegra 2 onboard, not that a powerful cpu. Just depends how you code Boxeebox.

This is the world of satellite, I think this is a bit too far from the world of media streamers/players (popcorn hour, HDI Dune etc) for someone to code a good media player front end - I'd love a video wall, that can scrape films/tv series etc but that's for the future when the companies making receivers realise that they have a very capable player with the power to do both.

andyblac
28-09-10, 19:27
Not wanting to disagree with you Andy as I know you are the coder for the Vix image, but the 400mips of the Vu+ is quite capable of running either, I play blu ray rips (MKV's) from the harddrive - what it lacks is video acceleration. Boxeebox is due to run on a media streamer/player due to be released from D-Link - originally it had a tegra 2 onboard, not that a powerful cpu. Just depends how you code Boxeebox.

This is the world of satellite, I think this is a bit too far from the world of media streamers/players (popcorn hour, HDI Dune etc) for someone to code a good media player front end - I'd love a video wall, that can scrape films/tv series etc but that's for the future when the companies making receivers realise that they have a very capable player with the power to do both.

i did not want to get technical, but that's what i meant, the graphics processor is not capable of all the animations of XBMC, i have a ATOM ION 330, and just copes, with the new skins that are coming out.