PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Cheap Vix compatible HD box to run" remote stream convert" to??

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 04:00
Thought i'd throw it out there for peoples opinions!

I'm looking to get a cheap Vix compatible HD box for my daughters bedroom. It won't have a live feed cable attached to it. (at least not for a while). I have 2 Duo's already in the house and was gonna remote stream to this new box for her.

Any suggestions on which stb appreciated.

Question: is it possible to run remotestream convert from both my duo's to the one new box?? E.g. For when i have a recording going on 1 duo feed and i'm watching the 2nd feed live myself. Then she could still recieve a stream from my 2nd duo if that is not using both tuners.

hope you understand my point!!
Apologies if I've posted in wrong section.

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 05:44
Just tired that for you: yes, you can.
But there is one restriction: the names of the bouquets on the two server-boxes must be different.
If you have a bouquet named 'XXXX' on both servers, downloading one will be overwritten by downloading the other.
If the bouquets would have names like 'XXX1' on server box 1 and 'XXX2' on server box 2 it will work just fine.

Sicilian
01-02-13, 06:09
Regards the receiver, checkout the MaxDigital XP1000 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/MaxDigital-Linux-HD-Receivers/MK-MaxDigital-XP1000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 07:01
Just tired that for you: yes, you can.
But there is one restriction: the names of the bouquets on the two server-boxes must be different.
If you have a bouquet named 'XXXX' on both servers, downloading one will be overwritten by downloading the other.
If the bouquets would have names like 'XXX1' on server box 1 and 'XXX2' on server box 2 it will work just fine.

Great news thanks, very much, my little girl will be chuffed.......means I get my TV back also.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 17:49
Can somebody explain what is the difference between remote stream convert and tuner server?

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 17:55
LOL: there's no similarity :)

RSC makes bouquets from your serverbox on the clientbox: using such a bouquet is (for the user) the same as using a bouquet on a box with feeds.

TS makes 'services' on a HDD or any other device: they can be used for streaming when downloaded by a PC/MobileDevice.

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 18:10
LOL: there's no similarity :)

I point you to an older thread where you yourself could not see the difference!

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=168212

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 18:19
Wasn't that about comparing streaming via TS and WEB-IF?

twol
01-02-13, 18:39
Great news thanks, very much, my little girl will be chuffed.......means I get my TV back also.

... And as I have just found out if you use the basic EPG (not XEPG doesn't work) you can populate the EPG for the remote bouquets, rather than just current/next program on the channel you are watching !

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 21:29
... And as I have just found out if you use the basic EPG (not XEPG doesn't work) you can populate the EPG for the remote bouquets, rather than just current/next program on the channel you are watching !
The client box just reads the epg from the server box when tuned to a channel.

twol
01-02-13, 21:31
The client box just reads the epg from the server box when tuned to a channel.

Yes, but only for the channel you are watching, it doesn't populate the EPG

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 21:44
Yes, but only for the channel you are watching, it doesn't populate the EPG
That's correct.