PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Re-Set Up Sat Box

jdoe
31-01-13, 13:45
Hi guys,

First off apologies if this in the wrong section.

I have had a Technomate TM-Twin OE for over a month now and I feel I have learn't a hell of a lot from you guys and experimenting since then. Thanks :thumbsup:
Yesterday I set up a TM-2T for a friend from scratch and I feel I did it better than I initially did mine.

Whats the best way to start as a clean slate on my Twin? Would it be re-flash the box and not restore from back up?

Is there a way to get the HDD back to original state i.e file structure before I have moved things around etc? Although I've only created one folder here and one folder there etc.

Also with regards to Picons and CrossEPG data, what is the preference for location: HDD or Flash?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions.

Thanks guys.

judge
31-01-13, 13:50
Whats the best way to start as a clean slate on my Twin? Would it be re-flash the box and not restore from back up?

Yes, you can grab the latest version from http://openvix.co.uk
Then set everything up from scratch if you want.

Is there a way to get the HDD back to original state i.e file structure before I have moved things around etc? Although I've only created one folder here and one folder there etc.

You could format the drive in the box, but then you will loose everything on it.
You could also ftp in & move things about/delete what you don't want.

Also with regards to Picons and CrossEPG data, what is the preference for location: HDD or Flash?

Put the picons on flash & EPG on HDD.

jdoe
31-01-13, 15:07
Thanks Judge. I'll take a look this evening.