PDA

View Full Version : entitlement updates

fintannl
30-01-13, 03:26
very strange problem. have used oscam for years with the odd minor modification over the years. so tonight i was sitting watching my tv and next thing i got a blank screen. was at a loss so checked the oscam webif. it showed my card with 5 entitlements when normally it would be between 19 and 21 entitlements. so changed to different vix system but still the same problem. no idea what could be wrong. ideas appreciated

josh_g
30-01-13, 11:30
Maybe an update pushed from sly (if that's what card your using) do you have an original box to connect it to to get the updates?

zola25
30-01-13, 14:42
What card and what softcam are you using?

fintannl
30-01-13, 19:15
had to ring sky. seems that the card being out of the original box for nearly 3 years has finally meant that a software update was required. interesting thing was after the update the serial number of the box now has an E at the end of the original numeric string. I suspect there is likely a very good reason for this but for the moment the card is back in the duo and clearing as normal using oscam. might have been a bit more complicated if the box was using cccam but can't say for certain

Donnie
30-01-13, 22:50
Please tell me you did not tell them the card was not in the original box ?

fintannl
31-01-13, 03:13
jeepers no i did not. in fact you would have had a laugh at the setup i did have when i rang them. i had dismantled the box ages ago, still had the hard disk thank god, just needed to get the sisters sky box as was missing an internal power cable for the hard disk. so had things hanging everywhere but all was resolved. however the 'E' has me well curious. Have used cccam and oscam long enough to know a serial number change is not good news. and i do know how to enable entitlement updates in both cccam and oscam (how else would my system be updating successfully for so long) so this is a new one. never had to ring them in the past as all was good.

fintannl
31-01-13, 03:19
and just to confirm i did put card back in original box and had to get a software update and they had to pair the card again. when i did put card in original box this morning it said card was was not matched to box. as for previous night all my entitlements suddenly disappeared from oscam (very weird). the previous night they were there (till end of march) and last night they just died. strange and a bit worrying. was a relief that oscam once again cleared the card after the update but makes you wonder

Larry-G
31-01-13, 06:39
Maybe this has something to do with the new pairing system sky are rumoured to be using soon for HD channels ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

josh_g
31-01-13, 10:32
Hmmm... this box pairing doesn't bode well!!!

Donnie
31-01-13, 10:51
and just to confirm i did put card back in original box and had to get a software update and they had to pair the card again. when i did put card in original box this morning it said card was was not matched to box. as for previous night all my entitlements suddenly disappeared from oscam (very weird). the previous night they were there (till end of march) and last night they just died. strange and a bit worrying. was a relief that oscam once again cleared the card after the update but makes you wonder

I hope I am wrong but you may find you get a letter asking for the card back as they suspect you of card sharing.

twol
31-01-13, 11:20
had to ring sky. seems that the card being out of the original box for nearly 3 years has finally meant that a software update was required. interesting thing was after the update the serial number of the box now has an E at the end of the original numeric string. I suspect there is likely a very good reason for this but for the moment the card is back in the duo and clearing as normal using oscam. might have been a bit more complicated if the box was using cccam but can't say for certain

The Sky firmware has been updated significantly over the last 6 months to allow for new features like on-demand, access to the i-players etc plus a new epg, which all interacts with an IPAD app. Apart
from Thomson boxes (which don't have the capability) I believe all other boxes (Pace, Samsung et al) are now able to get the firmware update and Yes you get an "E".
So I am assuming that is why you had the issue, you were using your card which to Sky is still linked to a box that should have been updated by now :) and that would surely have raised flags - working but not updated.
Now if you have a Thomson Sky box...... :confused:

manicscrewdriver
31-01-13, 11:20
I should imagine they would switch the card off first :eek:

If they do ask for it back, give it a few seconds in the microwave as that usually destroys the sim and any data that was held on the card. It also makes lots of pretty sparklies while doing it :D

DISCODV
31-01-13, 22:44
Is it worth putting the card in the sly box every so often so it gets the official updates?

Donnie
31-01-13, 22:55
Is it worth putting the card in the sly box every so often so it gets the official updates?

Not really, it can still be killed off and the trigger is when you call BSB to get your card updated.

manicscrewdriver
31-01-13, 23:54
Last time they did that i had to ring up and say the card had been lost for a few days, and that i have a 2 year old that likes taking cards out of boxes and inserting them through the gaps in my polished wooden floor boards which i don't have :roflmao:

I don't bother with Sky now :confused:

I like my VM Tivo much more than the crappy receiver Sky gave me :D