PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Alternative services...

pac2000
29-01-13, 23:57
Hi I've Got A Vu+ Duo And Managed To Stablise My Play TV (Dual DTT Tuner) By Setting An Auto-Timer To Deep Standby Every Night So The Drivers Don't Crash... And I Came Across An Option For Alternative Services e.g. S/C/T...

I Was Wondering If I Could Link Say The Freeview Channels To The Satellite Channels To Use A Freeview Alternative If A Satellite Tuner Wasn't Available... For Instance, If The Duo's Satellite Tuners Where In Use, And I Selected BBC News In The Satellite News Bouquet, To Automatically Switch To The Freeview BBC News...

Is This Possible??? If Not Why Have This Alternative Service Option... Any Help Would Be Most Appreciated!!!

PAC2000

judge
30-01-13, 00:11
What image are you using?
If using ViX, you can.
Try setting Alternatives & report back if you have any issues.

pac2000
30-01-13, 02:29
Thanks For Your Quick Reply Judge... I'm Using VIX, With Sgt Flip Flops Bouquet And Manually Created Freeview Bouquet... I've Then Resorted The Channel Lists And Added My Own Picons That Don't Come With The Plugin Within VIX (Or Simply Don't Match)... I Can Only See Alternative Services Via The Customise Menu In Setup And I've Set That To S/T/C, And Prefered Tuner To Auto... Is There A Way To Manually Set The Alternative Service For Each Channel Via Dreambox Edit Or Any Other Program???

It's Just I Prefer The Setup I've Got And Don't Want To Use The AutoBouquetMaker... Sgt Flip Flops Looks Like The Sly Bouquet Lists And Feels Professional, And I've Spent Hours Sorting All The Channels Into Order And Making The Picons For Every Channel... If I Can Sort The Alternate Services I'll Have A Super Stable, Perfectly Working 4 Tuner Duo...

Larry-G
30-01-13, 08:00
It's Just I Prefer The Setup I've Got And Don't Want To Use The AutoBouquetMaker... Sgt Flip Flops Looks Like The Sly Bouquet Lists And Feels Professional, And I've Spent Hours Sorting All The Channels Into Order And Making The Picons For Every Channel... If I Can Sort The Alternate Services I'll Have A Super Stable, Perfectly Working 4 Tuner Duo...

No there is no way to set alternate services on a individual channel by channel basis.

As for ABM it exactly mirrors the sky uk channel line up for which ever region you set it up for, it can also be setup to update the channel lists automatically on a daily basis.

Another point with ABM is that it can generate its bouquet in less than 2 minutes without needing a service scan and if using a multi tuner box it will use a free tuner allowing you to continue to watch tv with minimal interruption.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 08:21
I'm Using VIX,
Hence moced to this section.

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 08:26
No there is no way to set alternate services on a individual channel by channel basis.Yes there is.
1- Open the channel list and select a service you want to add an alternative to;
2- Press 'Menu';
3- Select 'add alternatives'
Now you have the option to do so. And you can repaet the process for every channel you want to add alternatives.
Apparently in the UK DVB-T(2) one has many alternatives for DVB-S(2) channels, so this may prove to be valuable for you.

Recently we introduced a lot of enhancements in this area: we would welcome any comments on flaws you might encounter.

pac2000
30-01-13, 16:34
Yes there is.

Thanks, I've Managed To Setup BBC One North West(28.8) With BBC One(DVB-T) And It Works... I Tested By Recording Two Channels On Satellite And Then Selecting BBC One North West(28.8)... The Box Then Selected The 3rd Tuner After A Brief Pause...

I Did Have A Few Crashes, Until I Figured Out That You Can't Just Exit Out Of The Alternative Service Edit, You Need To Press Menu Again Once You've Selected The Channels...

Thankyou So Much Rob van der Does...

Larry-G
30-01-13, 16:37
Yes there is.

In that case I stand corrected. Never used the Alternate services option my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pac2000
31-01-13, 02:25
There Is A Problem When You Select Channels And Press Exit... It Does Register The Fact The You've Selected The Alternate Service Because If You Go Back To The Channel, Press Menu And Select "Show Alternatives", The One You've Selected Is There... But When You Actually Try And Test It(Record 2 Sat, And Select Sat Channel To Test Alt Service) It Crashes The Box... You Have To Select The Alternate Channels And Then Press Menu, And Select "End Alternatives Edit"... It Then Works Perfectly... Maybe You Could Add The Same Script To The Exit Button, That Is In The "End Alternatives Edit" Selection Or "Abort Alternatives Edit"...

I've Also Tested It's Behaviour On Recording Priority By Being Say BBC One(Sat), Going Into The EPG, Recording 2 Other Sat Channels, And When Exiting, It Comes Up With A Message Saying It's Changed Channel Due To Recordings And Selects The Terrestrial BBC One Channel... Also After That, I've Watched One Of The Recordings(Whilst Still Recording) And When It Ended And I Exited The Movie Menu, It Then Selects The Back To The Satellite BBC One Channel(Because The Sat Tuners Were Then Not Being Used)...

I Actually Used All Four Tuners Earlier, Without Going Into The Freeview Bouquet... Fully Automatic, And My Girlfriend Will Be Less Confused...

I Now Have A Fully Working 4 Tuner Box(It's Taken 2 Months For Perfection), Which I've Now Backed Up The Image... Thanks Once Again Guys... (Judge, Pheonix And Rob)

PAC2000

Rob van der Does
31-01-13, 07:34
There Is A Problem When You Select Channels And Press Exit... It Does Register The Fact The You've Selected The Alternate Service Because If You Go Back To The Channel, Press Menu And Select "Show Alternatives", The One You've Selected Is There... But When You Actually Try And Test It(Record 2 Sat, And Select Sat Channel To Test Alt Service) It Crashes The Box... You Have To Select The Alternate Channels And Then Press Menu, And Select "End Alternatives Edit"... It Then Works Perfectly... Maybe You Could Add The Same Script To The Exit Button, That Is In The "End Alternatives Edit" Selection Or "Abort Alternatives Edit"...
I know the GUI isn't very user friendly here. Not sure if we can enhance that.

And My Girlfriend Will Be Less Confused...
Hee, that's why we have this forum: just to satisfy the girls :cool:

You never noticed the extremely low number of female forum members? Good we're not a company: they're supposed to have at least 40% women :D

rassi
31-01-13, 08:52
Use DreamBoxEdit to set alternatives, it is much faster way than using remote control :)
I do use S,T,C alternatives to maybe 20 channels.

Ps. Which client you are using to post here? All first letters are capitals... :)