PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] reboot (lock up) problem on a solo using vix 3...help required please

lumberjack
29-01-13, 21:35
I have had some issues for a while since putting ("openvix-3.0.204-vusolo_usb") on my solo

I set it for a 4am epg grab and when I switched on telly in morning it had usually locked on ("loading or similar)
It happened that often I took off the auto epg update.

Over the week the epg slowly disappeared so I would blue button/getepg to grab it but it would then do the same and lock.
Trick was just power down and back on and I would have a weeks epg.

HOWEVER, an hour ago the missus sez box is locked and she had rebooted several time, so I flashed it again.
Did all the usual stuff then flashed the latest flipflop bouquet, as it was not showing any channels I rebooted.

Now I am back to the scrolling vix icon then a complete lock up (other than a responsive led)

I do like the now and next epg part of vix 3 and have been meaning to post for a while to ask for advice

Easy enough to reflash but I feel I am in a loop so "help please"

I can go back to earlier flash but really like the "now and next" bit of the epg which I did not have in 2.4

thanks for reading

judge
29-01-13, 21:37
That's a pretty old build now.
Grab the latest version on http://openvix.co.uk & flash that.
On the solo, it's worth enabling a swap file for epg processing.

Mr. Mister
29-01-13, 21:40
Start off here..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

flash build 574.. then we can help..

Build 204 is months old.. and is prolly no-longer supported..

lumberjack
29-01-13, 22:24
thanks to both of you

Larry-G
29-01-13, 22:28
as pointed out above ViX 2.4 is now considered a obsolete image and as a result we cant really offer any real in-depth technical support, thats not to say we discourage you from using it but when things go wrong as they will we cant really go into it as deep as we would usually like to as the image server for this version no longer exists.

You would be best to use a more upto date image then we can help resolve any problems that may arise.