PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] Updated to unstable - DVB-T has stopped.

BubbleBalls
29-01-13, 21:25
Hi,

Updated late last night and immediately Irish DTT were not available. I reconfigured (different screen than usual) but the unit found no services. I left if at that last night hoping there would be further updates today - these updates have not changed it.
I have tried restoring from backup but nothing. I have tried a re-flash to 574 but nothing - Quad recognises an image on the USB but will not load it - bootloader?.
I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions please?

thanks

BubbleBalls
30-01-13, 00:56
Am I the only one experiencing this? Is Saorview OK for other members?

stick50jr
30-01-13, 02:02
My usb DVB-T (Avermedia A825 Twinstar - AF9035 based) is fairly reliable on build 574 but 'loses contact with enigma' after about 30 minutes on build 586. There are some significant changes going on at the moment and stability is lower than before. Most Usb tuners use the vtuner support within the propietory drivers of the stb... so performance many be quite different - ie YMMV. There has been driver changes in my box between build 574 and build 586. These sort of problems are notoriously difficult to pin down and this is exacerbated by the sluggish support from some brands.

My advice is to go back to a working config for your system for the moment. Also if you want help, its a good idea to give the team more information... box type, build number, plugins, skins, usb device model, last stable build number etc. Especially with this type of problem and still it may be difficult to pin down the problem.

cheers

BubbleBalls
30-01-13, 02:15
Thanks stick50jnr

I have internal dvb-t. GB Quad, build 586, kernel 3.5.1. cccam, samba, nfts.

have tried backup and reflash. working perfect before update. Not sure if it's to do with the kernel release. still a novice.

stick50jr
30-01-13, 02:33
Well if you have an internal dvb-t, then your chances of a fix have improved dramatically... usb tuners have three different parties to coordinate... in your case it is just two:).

Can you successfully revert to perfect situation?

BubbleBalls
30-01-13, 02:42
I have tried to roll back to previous backups but nothing changes. fresh flash or backup doesn't solve this. Driver changes you speak of - have these not been released by GB? should they be stable?

stick50jr
30-01-13, 03:30
I have tried to roll back to previous backups but nothing changes. fresh flash or backup doesn't solve this. Driver changes you speak of - have these not been released by GB? should they be stable?

No, if you look at my signature you'll see that I'm on a VuDuo, and that I do not have an internal dvb-t tuner. I have no experience of your firmware status as I don't have a GB box... the vtuner problems probably have no bearing on the internal tuners... which is good news for you:)

If it was my VuDuo, I would be confident that I could revert to a previous stable backup... maybe someone with your box type can comment?

bongo182
30-01-13, 11:44
Hello,

I have the same problem, i update today with stable version, and try too with reflash and reconfig.

the internal tunner is showed in menu and have the correct config, but when i select a tdt channel the screen show "Tune Failed"

have any one known the reason of this problem and how to resolve it?

Thanks very much

pooface
30-01-13, 11:48
I'm pretty sure mrmister uses the quad, and he mentioned problems iirc with dvb-t. I'm sure he'll see this thread soon and let you know.

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

Mr. Mister
30-01-13, 11:55
Im using a Nova-T.. and its not working here on the quad..

Quad recognises tuner as Tuner "C".. But just wont work at all..

I guess we wait on GB for new driver for this..

BubbleBalls
30-01-13, 11:59
Im using a Nova-T.. and its not working here on the quad..

Quad recognises tuner as Tuner "C".. But just wont work at all..

I guess we wait on GB for new driver for this..

Hi,

Thanks,

Is there any way we can revert to a working image? Older kernel?

Stanman
30-01-13, 12:47
For internall ones you can go back in the build tree but external are only supported since the kernel update.