PDA

View Full Version : Flash Problem today - Help needed please

Prioryman
29-01-13, 00:16
Guy´s today I tried to update mates ET5000 and I´m having same problem, however when I type in init4 and then enigma2 I get:

Welcome to ViX for et5x00
ViX v2.3
et5x00 login: root
root@et5x00:~# init 4
root@et5x00:~# enigma2
PYTHONPATH: /usr/lib/enigma2/python
+ (1) Background File Eraser
+ (5) Tuxtxt
+ (8) graphics acceleration manager
/dev/fb0: No such file or directory
+ (9) GFBDC
/dev/fb0: No such file or directory
framebuffer not available.
FATAL: no framebuffer available
Segmentation fault

Can anyone help as worried I have "bricked" his box. I can access the box both with putty and cuteTP. Been at it since 1pm today.... No hair left to pull.

Thanks

John

Larry-G
29-01-13, 00:30
What exactly are you trying to do with the init 4 command and ViX 2.3, also why follow it with enigma2 ??

ViX 2.3 was discontinued long ago and it can no longer be updated via a telnet session or any other method. You must reflash the receiver ( not sure if there is a bootloader update also for this box as i have never used a Xtrend ).

The command to update a ViX 3.0 image Via telnet is init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 3

This will not work for any other ViX image however as they have all been discontinued and no longer have a update server to update from.

Prioryman
29-01-13, 00:35
Thanks for reply. I have tried all images today from VIX for the ET5000 and boot loaders, but it is stopping on boot up screen with both red/green light remaining on then after about 3/5 minutes I get green screen. I have read all posts and followed them, but still no good. The file above states: /dev/fb0: No such file or directory - and thats what I'm stuck at. Something is missing, but buggered if I can find t why.

Regards John

Larry-G
29-01-13, 00:40
unfortunately i have never used a Xtrend receiver so i am unfamiliar with the flash process, as a result i doubt i could be of any real help.

Prioryman
29-01-13, 00:43
Thank you non the less I'm hoping tomorrow someone will read the post and help. Perhaps the boot loader failed or someone can guide me as it's not my box and would hate to have to buy him a new one.....

John

judge
29-01-13, 00:48
I've the ET4000, no idea about the ET5000 version, but the 4000 version works like a traffic light when flashing.
When you power down the box, insert USB with new flash in correct folder format, do you have to press the top button behind the opening card slot so the box knows you want to update?

Prioryman
29-01-13, 10:45
Thank you for the help I have done that already. It appears to be missing something as the file above shows, but I do not know how to fix it.

Regards John

Prioryman
29-01-13, 12:22
Can anyone help I have tried to make the boot loader USB stick with the files below:
ET 5000
USB device (eg USB memory stick) to create a folder on the root et5x00 and copy the following 5 files to that location
boot.bin
kernel.bin
rootfs.bin
image version
noforce (can be renamed for automatic flash in "force".)

But cannot find the file: boot.bin

Can anyone help me or email me the files as right now my ET5000 is a brick.

Thank you John

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 17:12
Start back at the beginning.

Did you flash with latest bootloader at bottom of the guide sicillian did in the et5000 section?

Reason i ask this is if you used an old bootloader then flashing latest vix wont work due to different kernals

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 17:15
Also if i remember correctly latest bootloader has no need for boot file you're looking for

Prioryman
29-01-13, 19:17
Start back at the beginning.

Did you flash with latest bootloader at bottom of the guide sicillian did in the et5000 section?

Reason i ask this is if you used an old bootloader then flashing latest vix wont work due to different kernals

Yes I did followed it no problem. Then when I installed the newest image thats when it all when wrong. The box is stuck with the VIX opening screen period.

When I try and use the instructions as per:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8141-How-to-flash-Upgrade-ET5000-via-USB-memory-stick-Kernal-2-6-18-2-6-31

But cannot find the boot.bin file - I think this might fix it, but I'm guessing.

Thank you for your time

Regards John

Prioryman
29-01-13, 19:20
Also if i remember correctly latest bootloader has no need for boot file you're looking for

Tried the latest bootloader it seams to read it (green/yellow) then with it reboots install image again (green/yellow) ok and after restart locks up in the VIX image screen.

Making a great door stop right now, Have loaned my mate my VU+ so no TV for me right now......

Thanks John

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 19:21
can you open up any menus?

twol
29-01-13, 20:03
Tried the latest bootloader it seams to read it (green/yellow) then with it reboots install image again (green/yellow) ok and after restart locks up in the VIX image screen.

Making a great door stop right now, Have loaned my mate my VU+ so no TV for me right now......

Thanks John
I think you need to take a deep breath!
Assuming that you managed to update the bootloader.
Click on quick support links -> OpenVix Downloads -> ET5000 and download latest.
This is a zipped bunch of folders that shouldbe unzipped and copies to a USB stic, there is no boot file.
Power off the ET5000 and then holding the up button power on the ET5000.
Assuming you have some lights on the stick you should see the ET5000 reading the files.
WAIT! It takes a few minutes to load and then execute.

Ifyou are not sureabout the bootloader it can be found at thebottom of OpenVix Download folders
I have updated my ET5000 quite a few times recently and you need patience because the lights don,t tell you a lot.... And power on with the up button held and the USB stick in thefront position.

Prioryman
29-01-13, 20:12
can you open up any menus?

Nop gets as far as the screen displaying welcome to VIX..... etc sometimes after a few minutes I get a green screen.

Thanks John

Prioryman
29-01-13, 20:13
I think you need to take a deep breath!
Assuming that you managed to update the bootloader.
Click on quick support links -> OpenVix Downloads -> ET5000 and download latest.
This is a zipped bunch of folders that shouldbe unzipped and copies to a USB stic, there is no boot file.
Power off the ET5000 and then holding the up button power on the ET5000.
Assuming you have some lights on the stick you should see the ET5000 reading the files.
WAIT! It takes a few minutes to load and then execute.

Ifyou are not sureabout the bootloader it can be found at thebottom of OpenVix Download folders
I have updated my ET5000 quite a few times recently and you need patience because the lights don,t tell you a lot.... And power on with the up button held and the USB stick in thefront position.

I have done this 10 times to date and still the same results. as the first post states something is missing.

Thanks John

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 20:15
See if you can ftp into box using filezilla and see if you can get a debug log, if you can post on here.

Also make sure you have done everything to the letter in the guide above