PDA

View Full Version : Technomate TM-2T OE setup problems

sobbos
28-01-13, 23:36
Hello people,
i'm new to forum and new to the satellite scene. I bought my new Technomate TM-2T OE from
world-of-satellite.com with the Vix Image installed. The Problem i have is when i booted up for the
first time i didn't select scan channel option, with being a noob i wasn't sure weather the Vix image
all ready had the channels setup. But noticing i had no channels so i did a auto scan. It found 962 channels
so i pressed the ok button, but after it found the channels and i pressed exit their was still no channels.
What have i done wrong? As i said im new to this so any help would be most helpfull or point me in the right
direction.

Setup inc.

Technomate TM-2T OE
Cable Conected Ethernet ( it says this works ok on TX-2T OE )
Vix Image installed

judge
29-01-13, 00:36
Running an auto scan saves the results to your latest scanned bouquet.
When you press the TV button on the remote, can you see that bouquet with all channels in it?
Personally, as you are using VIX, I'd now go to Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker, configure it to your required settings, run a scan...
Bouquets should be created in less than a minute depending on your settings.

Larry-G
29-01-13, 00:38
also remember if you do setup ABM as Judge suggests you must set your regions for both sky uk and freesat so that it can pull in all the channels, without either selected you wont get them all.

sobbos
29-01-13, 00:49
ok guys thanks for your help. Can see the channels now :) thanks again :)

judge
29-01-13, 00:56
ok guys thanks for your help. Can see the channels now :) thanks again :)

glad you can now see the channels, try out ABM so they can be grouped nicely...

matty_keane
30-01-13, 22:46
Hi All,

I have just recieved my TM-2t box today, complete with Vix image. I am trying to add some softcam settings, and have seen the guides. I have got connected to the box via the ip address on the laptop, but the guides mention going to the /etc folder. I can't find this folder?

Any ideas? All i see when I put in the ip address is an interface similar to the settings I can get using the remote.

Cheers.

Larry-G
30-01-13, 22:49
when you FTP into the box you should see a /etc folder if you dont navigate to /var/volatile/etc it's the same thing.

hhatkin
26-02-13, 23:55
try out ABM so they can be grouped nicely...It does group them but I don't call the result nice. What I want is a set of favourite channels lists just the same as on any normal:) machine. The only way I've found so far is a process of selecting channels one at a time and going into a menu system for each one that puts what it calls "services" into what it calls "bouquets". That actually means channels into lists, which is what's wanted, but the process is absurdly laborious - and uses those silly words. Isn't there anything better in the machine, or better still is there a way of setting up favourite channels in some equivalent of Clarke Channel Editor that works so well for other Technos?

judge
27-02-13, 00:02
No Idea about Clarke Channel Editor, but what I do is use ABM to create my bouquets.
Use DBE to create my favourites, then set my favourires as the main bouquet.

hhatkin
01-03-13, 16:40
DBE didn't work for me at first - now working and fine for Favourites.:thumbsup:

hhatkin
04-03-13, 15:48
Not entirely fine though.
There are five of my Favourites channels lists, set up as "bouquets". Two always appear. The other three sometimes do, other times they don't. When they don't they come back after being downloaded again from DBE, and the machine re-started. Any ideas on how to make the TM stop losing the three?:(

hhatkin
09-03-13, 00:27
It's still doing this. Anyone any ideas of why and how to get it to work properly?

abu baniaz
09-03-13, 00:54
Are your bouquets named as per the ones created by ABM? If so, name them differently.

RL73
09-03-13, 14:08
I find it is easier to install Rats Channel List. Should be in Download section. No messing and great list.

abu baniaz
09-03-13, 16:02
I find it is easier to install Rats Channel List. Should be in Download section. No messing and great list.

Rat's updater is available on this forum. Admin have not removed it. Maybe it may be an idea to move it to tools/plugin sections.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25816-Rat-s-Bouquet-*NEW*-Plugin&highlight=rats+updater

Rat, Vhannibal, Catseye and others do a lot of good work to maintain the lists for others. However, the best lists are the ones tailored to meet the requirements of the end user. I recently installed Lraizer AB for someone, he didn't like it because to him it is better to have channels in alphabetical order. LOL.

OE ABM and Lraizer AB will gather data from the stream and will be region specific without interfering with other lists.

RL73
09-03-13, 17:59
Rat's updater is available on this forum. Admin have not removed it. Maybe it may be an idea to move it to tools/plugin sections.

Rat, Vhannibal, Catseye and others do a lot of good work to maintain the lists for others. However, the best lists are the ones tailored to meet the requirements of the end user. I recently installed Lraizer AB for someone, he didn't like it because to him it is better to have channels in alphabetical order. LOL.

OE ABM and Lraizer AB will gather data from the stream and will be region specific without interfering with other lists.

Haha. Alphabetical Sky1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports.

hhatkin
09-03-13, 21:06
Are your bouquets named as per the ones created by ABM?It's lists of favourite channels that I'm referring to, and giving them names of my choice is a basic part of setting them up.
I don't get the point of using anyone else's lists but am open to explanations of why people find that a good idea.

abu baniaz
10-03-13, 01:12
It's lists of favourite channels that I'm referring to, and giving them names of my choice is a basic part of setting them up.
I don't get the point of using anyone else's lists but am open to explanations of why people find that a good idea.

The lists of favourites are called bouquets, as in a bouquet of flowers but in this case channels. If you put channels in a bouquet that is going to be overwritten as pat of OE ABM process, then don't be surprised when they get overwritten. You can either not use OE ABM or use names that are not what it uses.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 07:18
also worth pointing out that bouquets are like the EPG held in live memory so when uploading changes to the receiver with for example DBE it is a good idea to put enigma to sleep or you do run the risk of the changes being overruled by the data already in the receivers memory.

so try the following

using a telnet session place enigma to sleep with the init 4 command.
now using DBE transfer your bouquets to the receiver, dont worry about the error thrown up by DBE when it cant restart the box it's fine.
using the same telnet session issues the init 3 command to restart enigma so the changes made can take hold and not be overwritten by data in the memory.

hhatkin
10-03-13, 16:13
using a telnet session place enigma to sleep with the init 4 command.Thanks for your reponse, and please explain how to do those two things.:o

The lists of favourites are called bouquets....either not use OE ABMThanks also - They're not called that by me - I call things what they ARE - I used automatic-bunches-of-flowers-maker once and the many resulting lists were useless so it's never been used since.

Stanman
10-03-13, 16:15
Thanks for your reponse, and please explain how to do those two things.:o

Tutorials are on the site

but you can also
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+telnet

Larry-G
11-03-13, 17:14
They're not called that by me - I call things what they ARE - I used automatic-bunches-of-flowers-maker once and the many resulting lists were useless so it's never been used since.

A bouquet or bouquets is the common term used for channel lists on the enigma / enigma 2 systems and has been for over 10 years as far as I can remember.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

SoupKing
18-03-13, 10:46
Funny how opinions on such a simple thing differ so much, I find the auto bouquets maker to be absolutely fine. Moreover the wife understands the output :thumbsup: and can find things really quickly.