PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Request about plugin feed

MarsArtis
28-01-13, 23:31
Three requests
1 - Could be possible to add aspect ratio switch?
2 - Have a more extensive explanations of plugins: what are they for and expecially their memory usage!
3 - give skins a preview image.

Just a quest: why in feed we have a skin folder with pli-hd inside and current Vix skins in Vix folder?

Rob van der Does
29-01-13, 06:46
Three requests
1 - Could be possible to add aspect ratio switch?
2 - Have a more extensive explanations of plugins: what are they for and expecially their memory usage!
3 - give skins a preview image.
4- Just a quest: why in feed we have a skin folder with pli-hd inside and current Vix skins in Vix folder?

ad 1- I will try. I deleted it as it didn't work; does it work now?
ad 2- Nope, that's not possible
ad 3- They have: download the skin and go to skin setup. If you don't like the skin you can de-install it again,
ad 4- Due to historical & technical reasons

MarsArtis
29-01-13, 15:43
ad 1- I will try. I deleted it as it didn't work; does it work now?
ad 2- Nope, that's not possible
ad 3- They have: download the skin and go to skin setup. If you don't like the skin you can de-install it again,
ad 4- Due to historical & technical reasons

1 - I'm talking about the aspectratio plug present at this page http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=7643
I've not had any problem with it. What issue did you experience Rob?
2 - at least memory size? Obviously I'm concerned about this because some plugs are very hungry and you can easily go out of flash memory just by installing two of them
3 - I know. As I know that preview pics in skin manager for Magic HD versions have to be fixed since they show all the same and they don't reflect the most updated aspect of them

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 06:26
1 - I'm talking about the aspectratio plug present at this page http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=7643
I've not had any problem with it. What issue did you experience Rob?
2 - at least memory size? Obviously I'm concerned about this because some plugs are very hungry and you can easily go out of flash memory just by installing two of them
3 - I know. As I know that preview pics in skin manager for Magic HD versions have to be fixed since they show all the same and they don't reflect the most updated aspect of them

Ad 1: The AspectRatioSwitch is in a wrong format. I'll see if I can rebuild it.

Ad 2: Are you talking about flash or RAM? As far as I know no plugin uses a lot of flash and usage of RAM will very much depend on what you do with a plugin. Anyway: I'm not aware of any 'hungry' plugins, so maybe you could enlighten me?
And a direct answer to your question is: no, that's not possible.
You really should not be afraid and just try any plugin you want. If you feel unsure, just make an image backup before you start, so if anything goes wrong, you'll be up & running in a matter of minutes.
And if you encounter any incompatible plugins: please tell us, so we can remove them from the feeds.

Ad 3: Can you provide us any better picture? After all the preview consists of only one picture. Here also: just try and stick to the one you like.

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 09:33
Ad 1: The AspectRatioSwitch is in a wrong format. I'll see if I can rebuild it.

I'm curious what you mean? I'm at present using it on my VIX 3.0 Duos. What problem you guess may I suffer?

Ad 2: Are you talking about flash or RAM? As far as I know no plugin uses a lot of flash and usage of RAM will very much depend on what you do with a plugin. Anyway: I'm not aware of any 'hungry' plugins, so maybe you could enlighten me?
And a direct answer to your question is: no, that's not possible.
You really should not be afraid and just try any plugin you want. If you feel unsure, just make an image backup before you start, so if anything goes wrong, you'll be up & running in a matter of minutes.
And if you encounter any incompatible plugins: please tell us, so we can remove them from the feeds.
Actually, 2 or three weeks ago I was trying some plug in feed, First I downloaded Webmedia, then Icefilms, and at last Webbrowser.
For few days everything was ok. Then suddenly the Duo on which I installedìem on became unresponsive. By checking memory I noticed about 17kb of free flash. Removing the mentioned plugins moved the free flash mem to about 30-35 Mb

Ad 3: Can you provide us any better picture? After all the preview consists of only one picture. Here also: just try and stick to the one you like.
Just have a Look in skin settings at your Magic_HD skin.
It does not reflect how you actually developed it. And it is much more similar to Magic_HD_Night by Delagroov.
(Sorry Rob, now I'am at work and cannot grab any screen for now. Anyway If my explanation is not clear enough I'll post some screen at evening.)

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 09:40
I'm curious what you mean? I'm at present using it on my VIX 3.0 Duos. What problem you guess may I suffer?
Yes, you can use it as is, but it has the wrong format (just try to de-install it and you'll have some idea about what I mean).
In the meantime I rebuild it and added it to the feeds; it will be available from the next build.

Actually, 2 or three weeks ago I was trying some plug in feed, First I downloaded Webmedia, then Icefilms, and at last Webbrowser.
For few days everything was ok. Then suddenly the Duo on which I installedìem on became unresponsive. By checking memory I noticed about 17kb of free flash. Removing the mentioned plugins moved the free flash mem to about 30-35 Mb
Nothing useful I can add to what I already said.
And the plugins you mentioned don't have much 'memory hunger'.

Just have a Look in skin settings at your Magic_HD skin.
It does not reflect how you actually developed it. And it is much more similar to Magic_HD_Night by Delagroov.
(Sorry Rob, now I'am at work and cannot grab any screen for now. Anyway If my explanation is not clear enough I'll post some screen at evening.)
Hmm, I'm not much of a photoshopper. But if you can come up with a better preview I would gratefully accept that.

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 09:47
Hmm, I'm not much of a photoshopper. But if you can come up with a better preview I would gratefully accept that.
Just tell me which format and size it should be. I'll try to do it for you.
Btw, yesterday I've installed your latest dev of the Magic_HD. I think that the bottom coloured buttons have to be refined. They seem not to match the style of the whole skin.

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 09:51
The required size is 280x210 in 256 colours (8 bits per pixel).

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 20:26
Rob,
I'm not a grat Photoshopper aswell, I just was pointing that the prev.png is not reflecting your up to date design.
I'll send you a screen later.

Meanwhile I'm gonna point this:
looking at prev.png provided with your Magic-HD skin I notice that it has a wrong dpi resolution: 299,999 (about 300dpi).
But for tv output it should be 72dpi (as for Vix-HD).

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 20:31
Rob,
I'm not a grat Photoshopper aswell, I just was pointing that the prev.png is not reflecting your up to date design.
I'll send you a screen later.

Meanwhile I'm gonna point this:
looking at prev.png provided with your Magic-HD skin I notice that it has a wrong dpi resolution: 299,999 (about 300dpi).
But for tv output it should be 72dpi (as for Vix-HD).
OK, I believe you on your blue eyes.

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 20:42
eh,eh actually my eyes are green ( :D )

here are two proposals.

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 20:47
Thanks .

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 20:47
Hey Rob I've notices something is missing: as you can see channel list doesn't show the grey top bar. While it is present in the menu page.
Is part of your design development?
If so I like the fact you are removing it

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 20:51
No idea what happened: I didn't change anything in that area, and on all my boxes the list is fine.

MarsArtis
30-01-13, 21:20
I've regrabbed from my second duo and the Skin is showed with top grey bar.
Here are the fixed prev.png for you

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 19:04
Hi Rob,
after recent discoveries I made thank to you help, I installed CacheFlush plugin.
I'd like to suggest to extend the feed plugin description with something like: "usefull to avoid memory shortage issues", Or something like that.