PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] I have lost my settings.... again!

paulquayle
28-01-13, 17:16
Does anyone know why I should lose all the settings in VIX after rebooting my Duo? All I get is a blue screen that wont do anything! One good thing is that i am well practiced in setting it up :) Have I missed something people? I have to re flash the Duo in order to get anything to work...:D

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 06:09
I can only suggest to flash the box with the latest image available. A debuglog might be of help to look into any issue.

caravanboy
08-02-13, 00:12
I'm having the same issue with my duo. Every day the box locks up and when rebooted I get the blue boot screen with the vix spinning intermittently but never fully booting. The only way is to reflash and setup which takes about 10mins now I have plenty of practice. Seems like the flash gets corrupted or the config gets lost. Does the flash have a battery backup? Maybe battery needs replacing or could it be the flash memory has a fault?

judge
08-02-13, 00:27
Enable debug logs, menu -> setup -> system -> logs -> settings
Also, have them saved to USB so the next time this happens & you flash the box, you don't loose them.
Then upload the logs here.

Rob van der Does
08-02-13, 08:24
There can be all sorts of reasons for such a behaviour (debuglogs may indeed provide a clue) but a battery is not amongst them. Flash doesn't need power to maintain it's contents (neither do your USB-sticks).

One of the possible causes is a corrupted timerlist. Deleting it and making a new one might be the solution.

BTW: If you want to delete it first stop E2 (telnet 'init 4') then remove the file (and the autotimer list as well) from etc/enigma2 then restart enigma (telnet 'init 3').
You can do all this while the spinners are showing.

caravanboy
10-02-13, 22:20
same problem for last two days, i have had to reflash the Duo as its stuck on intermittent vix spinning. I set up logs and hopefully someone can tell me from this file which was created when I rebooted the box whats going wrong.

Rob van der Does
11-02-13, 05:34
same problem for last two days, i have had to reflash the Duo as its stuck on intermittent vix spinning. I set up logs and hopefully someone can tell me from this file which was created when I rebooted the box whats going wrong.
Your box suffers from a crash: the reason isn't clear to me. As the log is very short I can't say very much, but it looks like a so called 'crashloop'.
I can only suggest to reflash your box with build 600 and not to restore any settings or plugins.

caravanboy
16-02-13, 22:12
Updated box to version 600 and the problem has gone, nice and stable again. Thanks for the advice.

Rob van der Does
17-02-13, 04:57
Thanks for keeping us posted.