PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Just updated...

joetwizzy
28-01-13, 16:29
Hi, I've just updated to the latest Vix from build 479(ish). I have a few questions. On the EPG pressing channel up no longer brings the bouquet list, what button is it now, can it be changed back.

The autobouquette maker doesn't Setanta Ireland to the sports bouquet using Humber HD.

hope you can help.

Thanks!

IAmATeaf
28-01-13, 19:03
The < and > buttons allow you to scroll through the bouquets.

Larry-G
28-01-13, 19:04
setanta is not part of the sky uk channel line up so it wont be generated as part of a UK channel setup. you can include this your self manually however.

joetwizzy
28-01-13, 21:13
The < and > buttons allow you to scroll through the bouquets.

any idea how to bring the bouquet list up?

judge
28-01-13, 21:18
any idea how to bring the bouquet list up?

When in VIXEPG, press menu -> Show bouquet on launch = yes.

Prioryman
28-01-13, 21:28
Can they be reordered as I same to remember I could with the plugin. I can live without it, but wife would like hers at the top!!!!

John

joetwizzy
29-01-13, 09:01
Yes but I didn't want them up on launch. Just when I chose to have them. You used to press channel up and it brought up the list. Is this not possible anymore?

mickyblueys
29-01-13, 09:28
Press < > buttons.when in epg.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mavarick
30-01-13, 02:40
You can move the order around . there is somewhere to move the bouquet lists around

joetwizzy
02-02-13, 12:29
Hi yes I understand this.
What I am looking for is while I am on the EPG I want to bring up the bouquet list. It worked fine before I updated, it was the channel up button.

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 12:48
Read my post 8.

jdoe
02-02-13, 16:19
Hi guys, any idea how to add setanta sports manually. I've scanned manually and found it but I'm stuck as to what to do next.

Thanks

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 16:25
It should be in you're last scanned folder then.

jdoe
02-02-13, 16:29
Thanks I've just found it.

joetwizzy
03-02-13, 15:45
Read my post 8.

Yes, I have read it thanks, and it is a way around it. But that isn't the bouquet list, that just switches between them. Could somebody confirm if this feature has been removed and is there a way to get it back?

Thanks.

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 16:30
Then turn on show bouquet list on start up. In epg, press menu, it is in there.

joetwizzy
03-02-13, 18:01
Then turn on show bouquet list on start up. In epg, press menu, it is in there.

But that's not what I want.

I want to change bouquets from within the EPG. It used to be Ch+

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 18:23
That is how you do it.......... Turn on show bouquet from launch. Then when you go into epg select the category you want to look at.........you have a look you decide you don't want to watch anything in that category so you want to go to a different one.......that's when you press < > buttons and it takes you back into bouquet list.

joetwizzy
03-02-13, 19:53
That is how you do it.......... Turn on show bouquet from launch. Then when you go into epg select the category you want to look at.........you have a look you decide you don't want to watch anything in that category so you want to go to a different one.......that's when you press < > buttons and it takes you back into bouquet list.

I appreciate that is how you do it. However a build I have from last month (before the updated EPG) and all previous are different. I can open the EPG. then from inside the EPG bring up the bouquet list to choose from.
I am trying to find out if you can do it this way, not another way.

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 20:15
Don't think you'll hear the answer you're looking for, I'm afraid.................but I may be wrong......good luck.

scwheeler
03-02-13, 21:07
hi, many threads on this - it is a deliberate change and you cannot now bring up the bouquet list from within the epg, it is either before or not at all. Once in the epg you can move between them using < > buttons.

mickyblueys
03-02-13, 21:15
hi, many threads on this - it is a deliberate change and you cannot now bring up the bouquet list from within the epg, it is either before or not at all. Once in the epg you can move between them using < > buttons.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face you are wrong......read my earlier posts. Yes you can see it before , and if this is activated, you can see it again using the < > buttons. What is the hardship of pressing 1 extra button.

StuBFrost
04-02-13, 08:44
I haven't upgraded Vix in a few weeks so haven't come across the new EPG changes yet. I have read that there is a change to which buttons move through the bouquet list once in the EPG but can I just ask if pressing exit whilst in the EPG still brings up the bouquet list as it does on the version I am using now ?

joetwizzy
04-02-13, 15:40
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face you are wrong......read my earlier posts. Yes you can see it before , and if this is activated, you can see it again using the < > buttons. What is the hardship of pressing 1 extra button.

I don't think you read his post correctly.

StuBFrost
04-02-13, 21:17
I haven't upgraded Vix in a few weeks so haven't come across the new EPG changes yet. I have read that there is a change to which buttons move through the bouquet list once in the EPG but can I just ask if pressing exit whilst in the EPG still brings up the bouquet list as it does on the version I am using now ?

Anybody ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

scwheeler
04-02-13, 23:05
Hi Stu, just checked for you, afraid not.

StuBFrost
04-02-13, 23:10
Hi Stu, just checked for you, afraid not.

Thanks. Think I'll stick to my current version.

Tkr001
05-02-13, 02:04
Why on earth do you want the bouquet list on exit?

StuBFrost
05-02-13, 06:59
Why on earth do you want the bouquet list on exit?

That's what it does now. Pick a bouquet on entry, browse the epg, press exit to get the list again. Why on earth would I change from something that's been like that for months and months.

Tkr001
05-02-13, 08:22
When in the EPG press < or > to get the list again. Seems more sensible than getting the list every time you exit regardless of whether you want EPG for another bouquet or not....

You would change because its better (subjective I know) or because if you don't you will potentially miss new developments and also eventually end up with an unsupported image.

Just sayin....

StuBFrost
05-02-13, 08:37
When in the EPG press < or > to get the list again. Seems more sensible than getting the list every time you exit regardless of whether you want EPG for another bouquet or not....

You would change because its better (subjective I know) or because if you don't you will potentially miss new developments and also eventually end up with an unsupported image.

Just sayin....

In practically every electronic device that uses menus and sub-menus, the exit key always takes you back to the previous menu. It does it in Vix all over the place as you would expect eg setup menus so not doing it in the EPG just seems wrong from a user perspective.

Tkr001
05-02-13, 10:22
You have a point although many have a return key and an exit key to cover this type of scenario. Personally I don't want the epg on exit as I have the info I want and just want to back right out ie exit rather than return so I like the change. Each to their own but it wouldn't seem to be a reason not to update given you can bring up the Bouquet sel;ection screen with a single keypress.

selondoner
05-02-13, 10:31
Im not interested in bouquet list on exit. Was surprised by the changes though.

When Im adding recordings for the week in EPG I may want to browse through the bouquet list to skip to Movies or Documentaries. I know I can now do this with < and> but I did prefer going to the bouquet list and selecting the one I want.

If I want to get to down to Spainish channels for example I have to press the > button 12 times on my set up to get to it.

Not the end of the world and hasnt stopped me updating but a small annoynace.

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 10:48
That's what it does now. Pick a bouquet on entry, browse the epg, press exit to get the list again.

Im not interested in bouquet list on exit.
Not sure why you have this issue: I can't replicate it.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same:
1- Open Graphical EPG
2- Press Menu
3- Select 'Show bouquet on launch' and save.
4- The 'Select bouquet' shows, so make a choice and enter Graphical EPG again
5- Press 'Exit'.

Now you would expect to leave the G-EPG without any pop ups. And it does here on all my boxes.

StuBFrost
05-02-13, 10:48
So once inside the EPG, is it not possible at all to bring up the bouquet list except to hit exit and then EPG again ?

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 10:58
So once inside the EPG, is it not possible at all to bring up the bouquet list except to hit exit and then EPG again ?
Oh yes you can: use '<' or '>' to open the list again.

StuBFrost
05-02-13, 11:09
Oh yes you can: use '<' or '>' to open the list again.

Ah ok, thanks. I thought that would just move to the next bouquet but that's good to know.

selondoner
05-02-13, 11:17
Not sure why you have this issue: I can't replicate it.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same:
1- Open Graphical EPG
2- Press Menu
3- Select 'Show bouquet on launch' and save.
4- The 'Select bouquet' shows, so make a choice and enter Graphical EPG again
5- Press 'Exit'.

Now you would expect to leave the G-EPG without any pop ups. And it does here on all my boxes.

Ah ok. So if I select 'Show bouquet on launch' then when I press < or > in the EPG I will get the bouquet list? At the moment they just skip me to the next bouquet.