PDA

View Full Version : ViX --PLI

cryptic x
24-09-10, 20:07
going to change my image.on dream elite at the moment.i have the vu duo. but only have sky uk 28.2 for the moment which is the best of the 2 images.and the easist to set up.thx in advance

beagooner
24-09-10, 20:22
I haven't tried the PLI image but I do know I have the VIX image and there is NO way I'll be changing it. If you read about the forums and check out the poll most people feel the same so there must be some justification to it. It is a breeze to set up the VIX image as well. Load the files to the USB stick and Bob's your uncle!

At the end of the day though, you've got to see what's best for you, but I suggest you give VIX a try.
Regards,
BG

pooface
24-09-10, 20:23
going to change my image.on dream elite at the moment.i have the vu duo. but only have sky uk 28.2 for the moment which is the best of the 2 images.and the easist to set up.thx in advance

All your own choice as to which is best. Only thing I can say, is that it's best to give both images a chance... Set them up, create an image backup of it, then flash the other and set it up. If you don't like the second, you could always flash the backup of the first...

pooface
24-09-10, 20:24
Another thing, unless you're really desperate, I'd give it a little while to test... Hopefully will be releasing the new image within a week or so ;)

grtmoby
24-09-10, 20:29
both are good and the upcoming ViX 1.1 will be revoluitionary ;)

cryptic x
24-09-10, 20:46
Another thing, unless you're really desperate, I'd give it a little while to test... Hopefully will be releasing the new image within a week or so ;)

will wait for new image i think if its that near thx for replys cant wait

Tkr001
24-09-10, 22:28
I have used both VIX and PLI. If you want wireless then ATM you need PLI but apart from that there isn't much between them IME. As has been previously stated try them both for a while. You could try PLI whilst waiting for VIX 1.1 and then try VIX. Back stuff up with DreamBoxEdit to make it easier.