PDA

View Full Version : needing help with which box to use

dougieduncan
27-01-13, 23:05
hi my first post after browsing for a few weeks , mainly because trying to learn all about this stuff , anyway i have 2 s11 openboxes , 1 in living room i in bedroom , i am going to upgrade my box in the living room but want a twin tuner to record while i watch another channel , could anyone point me in the right direction as to which box is best and also which firmware /image to go for , any advice would be welcomed & appreciated

judge
27-01-13, 23:12
The TM2T is a great box for the price if all you want to do is record 1 channel & watch another.
As for image, try them all out. My preference is obviously VIX.

Stanman
27-01-13, 23:14
Would help if you specified a budget as there are severall twin tuner boxes but prices vary from just over £230+ to £400

dougieduncan
27-01-13, 23:17
wow thanks for the speedy reply , i will have a look at the technomate box

dougieduncan
27-01-13, 23:21
thanks for reply , not too bothered about price as i want good one for living room and best advice from members

Stanman
27-01-13, 23:23
If price is not an issue than look at the SOLO2, Gigablue Quad or VU+ Ultimo

dougieduncan
27-01-13, 23:51
will do ,i will have a look at these one thanks for help

judge
27-01-13, 23:53
yeah, if money isn't an option, I'd look at the boxes Stanman suggests or even wait for the Duo2.

dougieduncan
28-01-13, 08:34
looked a t all of these boxes ,really like the gigablue quad but there doesnt seem to be a lot of support just now for that one ,the technomate 2t or the v+solo2 are front runners just now unless anyone has other ideas thanks for all your advice

drx360
28-01-13, 14:16
Hi i used to own openboxes, 2-3 weeks ago i upgraded to a twin tuner the TM-2T with vix loaded on it and i have to say what a fantastic bit of kit, does way more then i will ever need, tons of options great sound and picture,great support, twin tuner is great for my motorized and static, always used to wonder why people would spend huge amounts on a box when the openbox could do pretty much the same job, but now i own one i can definitely see the difference, well worth it :)

dougieduncan
28-01-13, 18:07
hi drx360 thanks for reply ,i think im going to go with the vix myself just for the great support on here. my openbox in the living room is quite glitchy but the one upstairs is not so glitchy , did you experiance this yourself , because im quite new to all of this i didnt know wether it was the openbox , my broadband connection or dish ,im hoping your going to say its the box

Sicilian
28-01-13, 18:21
hi drx360 thanks for reply ,i think im going to go with the vix myself just for the great support on here. my openbox in the living room is quite glitchy but the one upstairs is not so glitchy , did you experiance this yourself , because im quite new to all of this i didnt know wether it was the openbox , my broadband connection or dish ,im hoping your going to say its the box

How are your free to air channels? If you're using some payerserver for card sharing (against our rules to discuss) that maybe your issue. No new receiver will ever cure your glitching if thats to blame.

dougieduncan
28-01-13, 20:34
hi my fta channels seem to be fine, my broadband is fairly poor , could it be that, as i say im quite new to all this , funny how my box upstairs seems to be fine

dougieduncan
28-01-13, 20:42
also some channels picture pixelates sometimes

judge
28-01-13, 20:51
I'd suggest you read the reply by Sicilian (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25706-needing-help-with-which-box-to-use&p=191773&viewfull=1#post191773) again before you get an infraction.