PDA

View Full Version : SOLO2 streaming with OpenWebif to iPad and PC

Spainsat
27-01-13, 19:28
I have been playing with my SOLO2, trying various types of streaming.
Firstly within my home network;
Open openWebif (check plugin to see its active- then in internet explorer just type local ip address of your box)
I choose the left of the 2 tv screens.I think this is for you local network, the other one is on port 8002 and I think that is the stream that has been transcoded (if you have turned it on)
I am not sure if this can be viewed within the home network, or just from outside. I cant access it from my home network- but it may be a router port issue. I stick to the left TV which works fine.

I have it streaming perfectly to my IMAC using OpenWebif, and VLC.
I had to create an m3u file to set VLC as default player for it. I got a video clip, put in on my desktop changed its name to nameofclip.m3u then selected it, right click, get info, open with (chooseVLC) and then press change all.
This will make VLC your default player for all m3u files, which is how it streams. :thumbsup:

Set up my laptop as above, streaming wirelessly from the router, works great, but HD channels break up a bit, so I avoid them.

I have however tried and tried to get it to work on the Ipad...just cant do it. :mad:
Anybody done it? I don't want to view it from outside my network, just in other rooms in the house.
If anyone can help let me know.
Thanks.

Thirsty
27-01-13, 19:40
Hi Spainsat, theres an app for that. :) the ipad I mean. costs a few Euros but works well:
Vu+ player
T

Spainsat
27-01-13, 21:31
Hi, have you tried it?
I read a couple of reviews and they said it was really bad. I would love an opinion form someone who has actually used it, or is there another way.. I have put VLC on the iPad but it seems really complicated, nothing like PC. I also have Goodplayer, it plays m3u files, but don't know how to make it default player to make it play the streams.
Been trying to do it for a couple of days and driving me mad!!

Tkr001
27-01-13, 22:18
iStreamGate HD works fine

Thirsty
28-01-13, 10:29
Yes, and no problems with it. Doesnt work with HD doesnt.
T

Tkr001
29-01-13, 01:33
iPad doesn't support HD streams. CPU too gutless I guess

musli
31-01-13, 18:39
yes, Im actually use iStremgate and works fine on ipad 1 and 3, also iphone. Previously used AirVideo to share from PC/MAC but iStreamgate is best solution to watch your VU

Tkr001
01-02-13, 01:20
using transcoding you can stream the hd channels to istreamgate

Stales
21-02-13, 14:02
Hi, hope it's ok to aks my questions on this thread as they are related. I am new to this and have a solo2 but have been struggling for ages now trying to get streaming and transcoding working from my solo2 to my iPad2. After seeing this thread I installed iStreamgate+ on the ipad and can stream, at least within my home network, not sure about outside it, but I have 2 issues:
1) The audio on the ipad is out of synch be a couple of seconds - is there any way to adjust/correct this (it's fine on solo2)
2) There is the commentary for the poor sighted running over the top of the audio.
3) Minor issue - volume of stream on ipad is very low.

I have the Solo2 settings set to prefer AC3, I have AC3 selected in audio (ie. 1 MPEG NAR, 2. AC3 ENG (selected)). Could it be because it is defaulting to streaming MPEG somehow. Why can't I change MPEG to ENG also instead of NAR?

Much appreciate any help as this is sending me insane.
Cheers, Stales

using transcoding you can stream the hd channels to istreamgate