PDA

View Full Version : Commando 14.7 DM500

khan888
27-01-13, 18:38
Commando 14.7 DM500 Release
Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.

What's new?

Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
Fix for the vanilla "ITV" names- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack

The Icing on the Cake

GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been renamed, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!

If it's a renamed channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.

Package contents:

The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket für unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)

ENJOY! -- PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.png

SatSearching
27-01-13, 19:56
At least give the creators chance to post it without edits to the post!

Noted: You downloaded without even a thanks, or a single post on ukcvs!

:(

PaphosAL
27-01-13, 20:19
Original format of my UkCvs release notes would have been nice to have seen here too! Or is your 'THANKS' count more importantto you than preserving the original theme of my post at lunchtime?

As SatSearching (fellow Dev) says above, you couldn't even be bothered to hit the THANKS button. Breaks my heart, it really does...
:rolleyes:
AL

khan888
27-01-13, 21:11
Reason I didn't thank/post on ukcvs because I couldn't log in so I downloaded from elsewhere! Thanks for the creators of this image and in future I shall be careful sharing such a great image.

PaphosAL
28-01-13, 13:36
I uploaded our new Commando 14.7 DM500 image to D-K at 17:28 yesterday and it appeared here 10 minutes later! Don't see your name on the Thanks button there either. Nor any posts, except 1 hello post.

In the old dBox2 days, all the Forums used to refer to this sort of behaviour as 'leeching'. To the extent that most boards implemented a minimum post count level before peeps could even download anything...

We are NOT averse to sharing our hard work. We ask simply that the release notes are preserved 'as is'. I did NOT use the words Excellent work in front of my name, you did. AL :(

khan888
28-01-13, 18:07
Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.

Larry-G
29-01-13, 14:58
original release notes added to the first post as can be found on ukcvs.

PaphosAL
29-01-13, 19:36
Ok PaphosAL i apologise to you and the rest of the team who made this image. I didnt download from d-k it was posted by another user elsewhere and i thought it was useful to share this great image. Like i say in future i'll shall be careful what i post/share.

No, just be more careful about how you Copy, Paste, and reFormat, please, like pheonix has done for you now. That's all we ask, m8 :)

khan888
29-01-13, 20:51
ok thanks won't happen again :nono:

Larry-G
29-01-13, 20:58
ok thanks won't happen again :nono:

Dont worry about it, just remember most people while not publicly seeking recognition for their work, just want to have their release notes left intact without modification. Maybe you were not aware of the changes and if thats the case so be it. never the less it's resolved now.

niconas
01-03-13, 07:23
Many thanks,
I am just new to satellite reception and I am down under on the other side of the planet.I woul like to thank all the people for their valuable contribution to this forum.As I will be moving forward I will get to know some of you a little better,and if I ask some qestions wich may sound silly,please excuse my ignorance.
Happy days to all.

Stanman
01-03-13, 13:31
Please do not post intro in a existing thread.

Never the less wwelcome to WOS.

abu baniaz
07-03-13, 01:06
As posted by AL

Our first online update for Commando 14.7 comes only five weeks after release, so you will see that we haven't been letting the grass grow under our feet since then!

Before you go pressing buttons on your remote, please make sure you BACK UP your existing image and save it to PC. And please READ the important introductory note in the attached What's New? document before you start, otherwise (on this first occasion only) the online update will NOT complete properly.

This update is ground-breaking stuff, as it includes a SquashFS root partition reflash at the end! Don't forget- first RTFM (Read the effing manual)!

Then it's MENU > 3 - Utilities > Online Update

We were planning to announce this on Sunday 3rd March, but a server swap made it too risky. So we delayed for a day to let the dust settle.

Cheers- AL

kaboom
28-03-13, 17:03
Which is a good bouquet to use with this image?

Also how do you add the cccam as I can not see it in etc or vat/etc

Thanks

abu baniaz
28-03-13, 17:25
It makes it own bouquets if you are on 28.2 if you are using fixed. That would be best as it would be soecific to your region (based on your selection).

If you are using other sats, download any E1 list and convert to neutrino settings.

wullboy
28-03-13, 21:15
Which is a good bouquet to use with this image?

Also how do you add the cccam as I can not see it in etc or vat/etc

Thanks

Name it exactly m8, [drop the 2.11 ]

kaboom
28-03-13, 21:47

Thanks for the reply. I should have said I'm new to all this.

I'm seriously struggling to add a line to this.

Previous image I was running as it was enigma 1 I could go to softcams and add cccaamd and then FTP to the box and change the file cccam.cfg

kaboom
28-03-13, 22:17

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by name it exactly?

judge
28-03-13, 23:15
I'm seriously struggling to add a line to this.

Previous image I was running as it was enigma 1 I could go to softcams and add cccaamd and then FTP to the box and change the file cccam.cfg

Can we end this here guys,
kaboom I suggest you re-read the site rules.

newboy
13-05-13, 14:31
do you need to unpack the image before loading with dreamup
thanks

Donnie
13-05-13, 15:05
do you need to unpack the image before loading with dreamup
thanks
Yes you do, you can use winrar or similar.

snakie
19-05-13, 21:24
Commando 14.7 DM500 Release
Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.

What's new?

Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
Fix for the vanilla "ITV" names- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack

The Icing on the Cake

GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been renamed, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!

If it's a renamed channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.

Package contents:

The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket für unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)

ENJOY! -- PaphosAL ~ Renwich ~ LraiZer ~ Satsearching http://www.ukcvs.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.png

Can I load this image on eagle box500s?

wullboy
19-05-13, 21:32
Yes m8, i do believe you can, as it is a linux box !!

wazzamagic1234
19-05-13, 23:05
Snakie is this image any good for australia thanks wazza

wullboy
20-05-13, 08:05
If you go to the original site of the image,[ UKCVS ] you`ll get your answer there m8, and i believe your answer is yes it can be configured for your market ??

abu baniaz
17-07-13, 18:57
As posted on the Commando Forum.....

We are delighted to announce that our latest C14.7 online update has just gone live, folks! This involves a root image reflash and the updated C14.7 will be date-stamped 16 July 2013

ENJOY!

Cheers- Renny and AL

8th Commando 14.7 online update 16 July 2013

Radical overhaul of the /var/bin scripts folder, where two dozen standalone scripts
have been consolidated into four super-scripts, so avoiding much duplication.

Utilities Menu is now on the BLUE button, with pretty coloured buttons! SML is now
always on tap in there. Volume control menu moved from AutoBouquets Wizard into the
new Utilities menu too, with Swap Volume keys, and Online Updates, DOS2LINUX, etc.

A number of (AL-induced) bugs in RT-EPG were found and fixed. We recommend that
users running RT-EPG mode carry out the SML again. After a run of AutoBouquets,
everything will then be as it should be.

More tasty picons from Ronan, including a selection of five default picons for the
rubbish channels that don't have a dedicated picon. These constantly switch every
5 minutes, using an infinite background loop routine. Purely cosmetic, but fun...

Finally, a smashing new GUI Theme by Ronan for you to try, where he has matched the
colour scheme found on the Sky HD box. If ever a C14.8 is released, this will be the
default theme, for sure! It's called 'Sky HD' and thanks, Ronan!

Helpfiles updated to reflect the above changes where applicable