PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Question - EPG.dat

mickyblueys
27-01-13, 18:13
I'm running Vix build 580 on 2 Duo's.

I was just wonering about the EPG.dat file. my Epg has been running a little sluggishly. so i thought it may have become corrupted. so i FTP'd to box killed Enigma and deleted my EPG.dat. By the way i save mine to media/hdd. right next i restarted enigma and done a fresh crossepg download, im only runnning open source 28.2E. All went fine it downloaded 13.25mb. loaded and running much better.

My question is when downloading the EPG 13.25mb in total, how come when i FTP to the box it only shows the EPG.dat file to be approx 7mb.
what is the other 6.5mb approx???? and where has it gone???

Any ideas or info............just trying to understand a little better, thankyou!!

Larry-G
27-01-13, 18:24
I'm running Vix build 580 on 2 Duo's.

I was just wonering about the EPG.dat file. my Epg has been running a little sluggishly. so i thought it may have become corrupted. so i FTP'd to box killed Enigma and deleted my EPG.dat. By the way i save mine to media/hdd. right next i restarted enigma and done a fresh crossepg download, im only runnning open source 28.2E. All went fine it downloaded 13.25mb. loaded and running much better.

My question is when downloading the EPG 13.25mb in total, how come when i FTP to the box it only shows the EPG.dat file to be approx 7mb.
what is the other 6.5mb approx???? and where has it gone???

Any ideas or info............just trying to understand a little better, thankyou!!

Good question and honestly I have no idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2