PDA

View Full Version : New to DM80HD SE

raf006
27-01-13, 14:23
Guys,

after giving up my Vu+ i bought DM800 HD se last week, it's genuine box with original image.. now i would like to add CCcam and other features, Can someone help me pls..

I went thought lots of reading and i understand with current image i can't do much therefore need new image to be flashed, can i get tutorial on how i can do this, and what is the best image to use?

Thanks

My DM800 HD se details,

Product Name////////////DM800SE
Booloader version //////Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #80, built 2010
Flash Size//////////////64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD)//2012/11/16
mID//////////////////////////15
Serial Number////////////////700
MAC Address//////////////////00:xx:xx:xx:xx:97
Printed Serial Number////////CBxx1xxxxx7xxxx9

Donnie
27-01-13, 14:32
First job is update the second stage.

marty
27-01-13, 14:36
Guys,

after giving up my Vu+ i bought DM800 HD se last week

Why? VU's are great boxes :confused:

manicscrewdriver
27-01-13, 18:13
At a guess i was probably for the same reason i gave up my Vu+ Duo, because i was skint at the time :(

Worst mistake i ever made, still you win some you lose some :D

Raf what image are you using mate? As already stated i would upgrade the second stage bootloader and go for a newer image. Once thats sorted maybe yoiu can get the help you need.

All images are slightly different for installing emus, so it helps to know which one we are talking about.

Nano

raf006
28-01-13, 00:14
Hi Guys,

appropriate your responses, firstly- i have original images loaded (no change made) with current SSL#80 what is the latest SSL available for DM800SE?

secondly- what is the best image for emulators? Also appropriate it if you can direct me to right why to start updating loader and installing new image... sorry little lost with DM..

Vu+ two tuner was giving me headache with motorize dish setup and i had to reconfig setup every time i change motor positioning.

I wanted to change for more powerful receiver and was told DM800SE is better performer( hope this is true)..

thx

manicscrewdriver
28-01-13, 01:58
I wanted to change for more powerful receiver and was told DM800SE is better performer( hope this is true)..

Nope who ever told you that was talking bo**ocks. They are probably better supported, i.e more image teams, but that's about where it ends. The Vu+ is a better box, hands down.

I would look at some of the Powerboard or Gemini images if it was my box, saying that though LT & Nemesis are also good images. The basic DM image doesn't really lend itself to running emus in all honesty,if you want to run emus (cccam, mgcamd, oscam etc etc) you will need to install an image that allows this function.

To be honest the basic image is a complete waste of time if you ask me.

raf006
28-01-13, 10:42
Nanochickin, thx for your great support.. I'm very sad to hear Vu+ is better from DM800SE but i was misled :-(

I will give this box few months trial and will decide what to do...Do you know any good place to download latest SSL bootloader and those images you mentioned above? Also is there a flashing steps manual can guide me on the installation?

Many thanks.

manicscrewdriver
28-01-13, 13:00
IHAD would be a good place to look for everything you need for that box.

If you google IHAD its usually the first one to come up on the search. You will need to look in the database section.

If its the same as the SIM 2.01 box the bootloader should upgrade itself when you install the new image. If after flashing you have a No CA error, it means your box is not genuine.

Make sure you get the right image for the box.

Nano

raf006
28-01-13, 17:41
I'm little lost, where do i find DM SIM information? so after flashing i should have an error otherwise DM is clone, what if the error comes up, what should i do?

What do you mean by look for right image? what will happen if i install wrong image?

IHAD is in German (or other language) and web link is live link edited.. ...

Will search IHAD for Gemini images and flash it and see where i will end up..

manicscrewdriver
28-01-13, 18:03
I know its German, Its the home of Gemini. All you need to do is join and then look in the database. Its the red button on the first page, you can't miss it :D

If your box is not genuine it will just come up with a NO CA error if you install a genuine image on it, which is easy enough to fix. What does the box say on its small front screen when its booting up. Does it say something like Sim 2.01 #82 or something different.

That is usually a good indication of if the box is a clone or not.

Nano

Larry-G
28-01-13, 18:10
This is the very latest version of the SSBL for the DM800SE

http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/download/7020/secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi

you also need this program to load it to your receiver.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP1339.zip

There was a tutorial here a while ago showing the process of loading the SSBL but i can no longer find it.

Donnie
28-01-13, 18:52
This is the very latest version of the SSBL for the DM800SE

http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/download/7020/secondstage-dm800se-84.nfi

you also need this program to load it to your receiver.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP1339.zip

There was a tutorial here a while ago showing the process of loading the SSBL but i can no longer find it.

You can update the SS via web browser with a DMM but as nana has warned make sure your box is genuine first.

manicscrewdriver
28-01-13, 19:09
That would be Nano :D

Larry-G
28-01-13, 19:13
nana chicken.

sounds like some kind of fast food place LMAO.

manicscrewdriver
28-01-13, 19:36
My username is a long story, that involved my daughter and the film Chicken Little :confused:

She was only two at the time and thought Nanochickin was funny so it stuck :D

I haven't used the Chicken Little Avatar for years.

raf006
28-01-13, 22:03
Mate,

i downloaded (iCVS-Image-dm800se-20111121190630.nfi) and tried to flash this through IE using power button method but i receive below message,

CRC check skipped. INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION) and an option to reboot when finished(but this option won't respond)..also tried other images but same above happen,,,seriously lost..

I can connect to the DM using DDC_E2 but i can't load to it, is there something I'm missing here?

thx

Donnie
28-01-13, 22:40
You need to update the SS Here is one that will allow you to upload the image you have mentioned.

raf006
30-01-13, 02:15
Guys, I think c++++ked up new DM,

Box is 100% genuine because after flashing iCVS image i managed to confirm box serial number with dream-multimedia-tv.de ..

after playing around with CCCam didn't like image functionality so i wanted to flash newnigma2..

from reading i find out must not load CLONE image into original but stupidity had one downloaded before hand but didn't delete so when i wanted to flash newnigma2 i pick CLONE image instead of original and when box reboot is go the NO CA ERROR.. :-( now i'm at 1.30am UK time looking for right place to break loss this box from this error but gave up.. Can yuo please help.. Big thx for first support and very much appreciated.

Thx
Raf

Donnie
30-01-13, 09:29
Try loading and original image using Dreamup

manicscrewdriver
30-01-13, 09:30
Have you tried just installing a new image from the web interface?

Hold the power button down on the front of the box and then plug in the power supply. It should say ****STOP**** followed by an IP address on the front display.

Put that IP address into your PC, (Must be connected to the same router as the Dreambox) and you should see the web IF. Scroll down until you see update firmware.

Click on that and select the image you wish to install. That may clear the error when the new image is installed, if not you will have to do it with a usb to mini usb cable and Dream UP.

I've never had to clear a no CA error of a genuine box so i have no idea how well it will work. There is a recovery tool for clones, but not for a genuine box. Like i said earlier in the thread, go onto IHAD and download the latest Gemini Image and install that, you won't get any clone images there. I can go through emu installation later if needed.

nano

manicscrewdriver
30-01-13, 10:40
Actually, just try re-installing the second stage bootloader again before trying a full install. That may well work as i'm sure the No CA error is an error to do with the second stage bootloader.

Its worth a try.

Nano

Donnie
30-01-13, 11:39
Actually, just try re-installing the second stage bootloader again before trying a full install. That may well work as i'm sure the No CA error is an error to do with the second stage bootloader.

Its worth a try.

Nano
Good pint Nana :D

At no time has the OP said he has updated the SS even though I have posted the file.:confused:

manicscrewdriver
30-01-13, 14:20
Good pint Nana

Now thats not nice :nono:

I'm a hairy arsed bloke not an old lady :D

Mr. Mister
30-01-13, 15:05
Good pint Nana :D

By the looks of thing your and old lady on the beers as well nano.. lol

manicscrewdriver
30-01-13, 15:16
I haven't had a good drinking session in ages to be honest, although ten pints didn't used to be a major problem during an evening session down the pub. Unfortunately now i have kids and i have to do other, plus i can't justify spending the extortionate amount of money my local now charges for a pint.

A round on a night out usually hits about £16 , i also gave up smoking too which has saved loads. It means i can pick and choose when i work now, which suits family life down to the ground.

To be honest i just prefer to drink the home brew wine now. Excellent value at £1 a litre and it only takes 7 days to make with the free spring water from the Malvern hills :thumbsup:

And now we've totally gone off the subject now :trustme:

Can we get back on track now :D

raf006
30-01-13, 19:40
Guys Me again,

I hold the power button and plugged power supply but still same error message appears... I plugged the mini usb to PC USB but PC can't detect DM box... Any other ideas? it looks the box is locked and can't access it.

Donnie
30-01-13, 19:42
I know you say you think the box is genuine but can you tell us how much you paid for it ? and maybe where from ?

raf006
30-01-13, 19:49
I paid €400 and from this web link
http://www.cs-multimedia.de/Dream-Multimedia-Dreambox-DM-800-HD-se-schwarz those guys are retailers of Dream-multimedia-tv.de

Donnie
30-01-13, 19:58
Looks like a safe bet that the box is original
Did you ever mange to load the SS I posted ?

raf006
30-01-13, 20:02
yes, loaded SS84 first and iCVS image and was working fine.. googled this yesterday and can't find solution to genuine BOX..

manicscrewdriver
30-01-13, 20:02
Stands a good chance its genuine then :D

Go to IHAD and download and try different versions of Dreamup, one of them is bound to connect to it.

Dreamup can be a bit funny at the best of times.

You are aware that with Dreamup, you have to start the software when the box is switched off. click on connect and then switch the box on. Providing you have set everything up correctly it should then connect to the box and install a bootloader to it to enable the flashing procedure to commence.

At least that's the way it works with my DM800HD through the RS232 Port. Never had to recover a DM800se with Dreamup so its just a guess since it uses USB and not the com ports.

Nano

Donnie
30-01-13, 20:05
http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/

Did you try the dreamup from this link ?

raf006
30-01-13, 23:59
Finally manged to download iCVS image.. I was missing the drive for for USB to UART Bridge.. Can you please direct me to load CCCam?

thanks

manicscrewdriver
31-01-13, 00:44
Download this file, and unzip it. Once unzipped the instruction are inside in text file.

I have scanned the file with Kaspersky Antivirus and its clean.

You use this file at your own risk as i've only ever used it on a DM800HD Clone, and thats was a few months ago.

Nano

raf006
31-01-13, 17:22
Guys, managed to load CCCam and can see number if links etc via web info but few issue which isn't major once :p

1- I have motorized Dish and i setup tuner to USUAL my post code in London is (Edited out Post Code) (Lat//51.506078 and Lon//-0.464572) Lat can't go any wrong North 051.506 but longitude is West 0.464 or 0.232?

2- moved dish with other receiver to 13E and on FTA channels DM works fine but scrambled channels it come with tuner config error? is this to do with step above?

3- EPG, is it available from Addson or i have to do this manually?

I really appropriate ALL respond and it's been very good learning carve...

Raf

Mr. Mister
31-01-13, 18:34
@ Raf..

Please do not post your personal details in the open forum..

marty
31-01-13, 19:23
I paid €400 and from this web link
http://www.cs-multimedia.de/Dream-Multimedia-Dreambox-DM-800-HD-se-schwarz those guys are retailers of Dream-multimedia-tv.de

You could have bought a GB Quad for that money, no comparison :eek:

Box will defo be genuine from them :thumbsup: I bought a genuine DM800 tuner from them once.