PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with vu+duo

can7
24-09-10, 17:16
ok just got my vu+duo set it up and my single lnb and scanned for channels and all worked fine.then fitted a twin lnb and got a message tune failed.swapped cable connections over at rear of vu+ did a scan and the channels are working again,but 1 feed from the lnb keeps saying tune failed? im a bit lost here can anyone help? thanks

t.ph
24-09-10, 17:25
Have you set Tuner "B" as second cable of Tuner "A" in the Tuner Configuration?

can7
24-09-10, 17:45
Have you set Tuner "B" as second cable of Tuner "A" in the Tuner Configuration?

ahhh just checking that now do i setup as equal to or loopthrough to?

t.ph
24-09-10, 17:58
I have a motorised dish so Tuner B reads "second cable of motorized LNB Tuner A"
You dont want loopthru so unless you can change it to the same as above (without the motorized bit if you have no motor) then your best bet will be equal to.
Sorry dont know exactly what as havent setup a fixed dish but i'm sure someone will come along and put you right if no luck.

grtmoby
24-09-10, 18:02
no since it is a twin lnb then equal to
loopthrough is to be used for single lnb

can7
24-09-10, 18:09
thanks for the quick replys lads yes i have a fixed dish atm so il try and set it as equal and see how that goes :)

can7
24-09-10, 20:09
ok i have tuner A set as single and tuner B set as equal to A but when i record a program and try to change channels i get the message tune failed.i rebooted the vu and i think its working :) fingers crossed

grtmoby
24-09-10, 20:37
u can't tune to another channel not on the same polarity (H or V)

if u open the channel list while recording, u'll find some channels are white while others are grey. u can only switch watch/record those white channels.

t.ph
24-09-10, 20:42
u can't tune to another channel not on the same polarity (H or V)

if u open the channel list while recording, u'll find some channels are white while others are grey. u can only switch watch/record those white channels.

Yes he can as he has a twin LNB

can7
24-09-10, 20:47

yea seems ok atm i rebooted and im watching 1 channel while recording another,and switching between channels seems fine,ill double check the cables tomorrow as it was raining when i was doing it today.

grtmoby
24-09-10, 20:49

sorry my bad :sofahide:

t.ph
24-09-10, 20:49
It looks like you have cracked it then mate
Just remember a reboot can often work wonders

can7
24-09-10, 22:47
gonna try a VIX image dont like the PLi much :)

can7
25-09-10, 00:48
damn i spoke to soon tuner fail again heh gotta check the cable tomorrow

can7
25-09-10, 15:46
changed a cable working fine now have to say the VIX image is very nice :)

t.ph
25-09-10, 16:22
Glad you have it working ok
PS i did put in my last post to check your cables but then saw you had it working & edited it out :)