PDA

View Full Version : solo2 DiSEqC setings

Spainsat
27-01-13, 00:16
I have a VU+ Solo2 (very impressed) but I am struggling with the DiSEqC setting.
Can anyone help?
I have an old DiSEqC motor on my dish, used to work fine a few years back.
I have now bought a Solo2 and can't seem to get the settings right to move the motor.
Its fine on 19.2 set as simple single sat etc, but as soon as I set DiSEqC A+B, it wont move the motor. I tried setting as Positioner, but that does not work either.
Do I select USALS or not? tried USALS and DiSEqC 1.2 both still does not work.
19.2 is fine but cant move the dish. Not sure if a setting error, or a seized motor...its not moved for loooooooong time.
Anyone help who has set up a solo2 on DiSEqC ?
Any help appreciated.

PS if anyone needs help flashing image (I had BH ... now changed to VIX- mainly for better EPG) or installing CCcam, or setting up stream to PC with OpenWebif let me know...done all that ;-)

Thanks.

Stanman
27-01-13, 11:44
Does the motor support usals?

If so than likely to be a motor issue as other users have it set up for motor and working fine.

might be if you have access try another box / check coaxial and F connectores.

Spainsat
27-01-13, 11:54
Thanks for the reply, I am not sure if the motor supports USALS, I am going up on the ladder tomorrow, is there any way to tell- will it have it written on it?
All the cables are good, getting picture fine on 19.2, just can't get it to move.
If I am just using the box to move it- (no external positioner box) do I set the tuner config to simple or advanced, and do I choose DiSEqC under simple, or specify DiSEqC 1.2 under the advanced?
I may need a new motor, but dont want to buy one if its just a setting I need to change.
Thanks.

Spainsat
27-01-13, 12:34
MODS, could you move this thread, I meant to put it in - VU+ Solo2 Talk
Thanks

Spainsat
27-01-13, 19:08
I believe I have solved it... although I don't quite understand it.
I have set tuner A as:
Configuration mode: simple
Mode: positional

As soon as I did this my motor started to move, and in the Satfinder menu I can now select different sats to search for- and the motor moves as each is selected.
When I had it set to DiSEqC, either in simple or advanced it either limited me to the one sat selected. or if I chose Automatic, it just wouldn't move or find any signals.
Still a bit confused, as its a Manhattan HH120 mount, DiSEqC 1.2- so why does the box need to be set to positioner ?

Not sure why but it works...I am happy. Great receiver though. :thumbsup:

Stanman
27-01-13, 21:44
If have set it to positioner, than put in your lat and long and you will be able to automatically move the dish by selecting the sats in your channel list - try either catseye or Vhannibals in the E2 section.