PDA

View Full Version : Picture Quality

beagooner
24-09-10, 17:09
Hi all,

Just got my Duo+ and installed the ever brilliant VIX 1.0 image. May I seize this opportunity to acclaim the wonderful job the creator(s) of the image have done.

However I have noticed that the picture quality on my TV is a bit grainy! The HD channels are all brill but the SD channels look, dare I say worse than on my old TM600 box. I don't know if this is because I used a scart cable on the TM600 and I'm now using an HDMI cable on the Duo+.

I've adjusted the settings all to no avail. Is there anything else I can do to improve picture quality? My TV is a Toshiba 42WLT66 by the way.

Thanks for the help offered on the forum so far,

BG

Sicilian
24-09-10, 17:29
Go to Video Enhancement settings and try adjusting sharpness to 128/256 using left & right buttons.

bob1
25-09-10, 17:22
Your probably seeing more detail from the duo , this doesn't always mean a good thing ,do you have auto resolution installed? you could try setting sd to 576i ,your tv might be better at scaling the picture than the duo, mine is.

beagooner
25-09-10, 17:55
Thanks bob1. I have auto resolution installed and have also adjusted the sharpness - all to no avail. I guess I'll just have to live with it till I can afford a new telly.