PDA

View Full Version : Change MAC Address in VIX 3.0

eamo
26-01-13, 18:01
I tried following this guide but its not for vix http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?16269-How-To-Change-Mac-Address-PDF

I need to chaage the mac address because i just bought a second ue box and it has the same mac address as my first box. when they 2 are on the network at the same time they both drop off and on the network

but once i unplug either box from the network its fine. i can see on my router that the 2 boxes have the same mac address so this is causing the problem.

so how do i change it?

thanks

Sicilian
26-01-13, 18:16
Use the attached burn.bat file.

Format USB stick FAT32.
Extract to root of USB stick.
Connect to Gigablue and power on, once rebooted should have new MAC address.

hilly
26-01-13, 18:16
I followed this
http://www.gigablue-support.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3855 and it worked a treat.

hilly
26-01-13, 18:23

Format USB stick FAT32.

Cheers for an easier way mate,i got a bit worried by putting my link on.
This is a real help as it was a pain when i got my Quad to go with a SE in the bedroom and this will help people out.

eamo
26-01-13, 18:54

Format USB stick FAT32.

that didnt work

Sicilian
26-01-13, 18:56
that didnt work

Did you extract the burn.bat file from the zip file? Then place in root of USB stick?

eamo
26-01-13, 19:45
Did you extract the burn.bat file from the zip file? Then place in root of USB stick?

yes

it only worked when i added the following line to the batch file as per the link from hilly

flash -noheader usbdisk0:gigablue/ue/cfe.bin flash0.cfe

digidude
28-01-13, 21:05
the only time ive seen things like this needed, are when using clone receivers, as in theory, it should be impossible for an original receiver to have duplicated MAC addresses

Im NOT saying that anyone has sold or bought a clone receiver, but, if 2 receivers have exactly the same MAC address, then this is the only thing that could explain one of them, unles the whole brand is a clone of something else

Sicilian
28-01-13, 22:45
the only time ive seen things like this needed, are when using clone receivers, as in theory, it should be impossible for an original receiver to have duplicated MAC addresses

Im NOT saying that anyone has sold or bought a clone receiver, but, if 2 receivers have exactly the same MAC address, then this is the only thing that could explain one of them, unles the whole brand is a clone of something else

All the HD800UE have the same mac address, can easilly be changed as posted above.

manicscrewdriver
07-02-13, 10:55
I have the same issue, but this time its with a Gigablue 800HD solo and a Gigablue 800HD Se.

Will that file work with the SE or the Solo or is it a different file i need to use.

Nano

eamo
07-02-13, 11:17
I imagine it would work fine with teh SE as the SE and the UE are the same box except for the UE has the LCD panel.

Dont know about the Solo but cant do any harm can it?

manicscrewdriver
07-02-13, 11:37
That doesn't work, even with modifying the dos batch script, it still makes no difference.

What a stupid idea it was to give them all the same mac address, did they not think it would cause problems.

Nano

manicscrewdriver
07-02-13, 20:34
OK sorted it now. I got the lines the wrong way round lol

If you make a batch file called "burn.bat" and put these lines inside it, it works fine on the Se

macprog2 A2-DB-EA-11-10-45
flash -noheader usbdisk0:gigablue/se/cfe.bin flash0.cfe

For the solo box it would be

macprog2 AC-DB-EF-11-22-34
flash -noheader usbdisk0:gigablue/solo/cfe.bin flash0.cfe

and so on for each box

Nano