PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] New EPG build 574 onwards

mickyblueys
26-01-13, 16:31
Positive first: I like the sharpness of the new layout, the bordering if the time line looks cool. Not sure if it's my eyes, but it makes my blackmmc icons look better.

Slight negative: personally think the colour scheme for the"now broadcasting"programs is to similar to the rest of the program colours. In my opinion it needs to stand out more. Now i don't mean a garish green like the old one. Also the highlighted program is hard to distinguish with a none highlighted program. Would be spot on if this could happen

Would it be possible to have a vote over a short time period, then go with a majority??? Just an idea don't flame me!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
26-01-13, 16:36
well we dont really do votes for new features or additions to the image, but we will always listen to any comment or suggestion made and we have many times in the past used those suggestions in the image. so if you have any comments or suggestions please post them and we will genuinely look over them, ( not just fob you off and say that we did ).

digidude
26-01-13, 16:54
just tried an online update (on tm-twin) to see the changes, from 569, but it says theres no update available

will have to download later and have a look :)

marty
26-01-13, 17:08
just tried an online update (on tm-twin) to see the changes, from 569, but it says theres no update available

will have to download later and have a look :)

Updates take longer to reach Wales, try again in a few weeks :sofahide:

digidude
26-01-13, 17:09
Updates take longer to reach Wales, try again in a few weeks :sofahide:

lol, is it because they refuse to pay the bridge tolls, so go the long way round ;)

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:15
lol, is it because they refuse to pay the bridge tolls, so go the long way round ;)

nahh it's because we refuse to pay the bridge Trolls. mean little buggers them lot.

mickyblueys
26-01-13, 19:19
Just noticed another change which I personally don't like. I have "show bouquet on launch" set to yes.in the new epg , when i short press ok on channel it shows in window as normal. When I press ok again it does not exit the epg to the channel ready for viewing. It actually exits to the bouquet list again, and I have to press exit to resume full viewing. This does not seem right.

Any views on this please?

andyblac
26-01-13, 19:23
another mode to InfoBarEpg comming soon.

first screen is with just epg open, you can navigate just like you can in GraphicalEpg,

in the second screen, you see what you get when pressing epg/info button, when you navigate the EPG the screen updates :D.

mickyblueys
26-01-13, 23:56
Just noticed another change which I personally don't like. I have "show bouquet on launch" set to yes.in the new epg , when i short press ok on channel it shows in window as normal. When I press ok again it does not exit the epg to the channel ready for viewing. It actually exits to the bouquet list again, and I have to press exit to resume full viewing. This does not seem right.

Any views on this please?

Andy

Just updated my 2nd box to 580 and this problem isn't there.I'm guessing my first box must have some little bug. I'll update that one and let you know, but hopefully it will be ok. Cheers for help anyway.

judge
27-01-13, 00:04
Andy

Just updated my 2nd box to 580 and this problem isn't there.I'm guessing my first box must have some little bug. I'll update that one and let you know, but hopefully it will be ok. Cheers for help anyway.

Glad your issue is sorted, a few good changes being made to EPG at the moment & some silly hysterics going on on the forums.

mickyblueys
27-01-13, 00:12
Glad your issue is sorted, a few good changes being made to EPG at the moment & some silly hysterics going on on the forums.

Yes just updated troubled box and all's well again, must've just been a glitch when I last updated........

I understand some peoples points, but personally the button changes don't particularly bother me, they are in line with my sly remote now, so a little easier for the wife.to come to turns with. As I said earlier my only gripes now are the colour scheme for now showing programmes, and I suppose the record icon in the bottom right hand corner,I preferred the full box going red,

judge
27-01-13, 00:20
As I said earlier my only gripes now are the colour scheme for now showing programmes, and I suppose the record icon in the bottom right hand corner,I preferred the full box going red,

These 'issues' can easily be fixed with new graphics, another nice new feature...
Once the dust settles down on EPG screen updates, I'm sure a tutorial will be written & hopefully end any hysterics.

mickyblueys
27-01-13, 00:30
Look forward to seeing

andyblac
27-01-13, 02:16
yeah, lots of changes to EPG screens going there going through a major recode, i am just try to make all the epg screen work the same way, as best i can, but i guess people just do not like change :D.

wl1
28-01-13, 14:22
I am relatively new to VIX, and it has took me a while to get used to the concepts of the various EPG's Infobar and button presses etc. (and explain them to family). And its a moving trget, as latest updates have changed things too.

I think you will never please everyone, so carry on regardless.
My feedback:-
I like the red dot for Record, and yes, the "now showing" needs a deep highlight. A thicker "time" line too would be good. Keep up the good work...:)

edogg
28-01-13, 16:16
Slight negative: personally think the colour scheme for the"now broadcasting"programs is to similar to the rest of the program colours. In my opinion it needs to stand out more. Now i don't mean a garish green like the old one. Also the highlighted program is hard to distinguish with a none highlighted program. Would be spot on if this could happen

plus one to that my eyesight needs better highlighting to distinguish between greys

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 20:46
When in main epg, whilst watching a previous recording. when you press the exit button, It takes you back to live TV and not the recording you are currently watching.

Surely this wrong??

judge
02-02-13, 20:50
When in main epg, whilst watching a previous recording. when you press the exit button, It takes you back to live TV and not the recording you are currently watching.

Surely this wrong??

What build? what box? ...

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 20:51
Sorry duo 580

judge
02-02-13, 20:57
It's been fixed since then.
There is an issue with the latest online update, build 597, so wait till a build after this hoes online to update.

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 20:59
Will do

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 20:00
I'm currently running build 585.now i don't want to update until 601 or higher is ready. In epg I have altered my timeline to show only 2 hours in graphical epg. (see screenshot 1) I prefer it that way, less cluttered. My problem is when you go into infobar epg by cursoring left or right on remote, my timeline is 4 hours, can I change this (screenshot 2) can't see any seeing in the menu for this, plus it doesn't show my picons, why is this?? Also when you change this view to single epg it does not populate the TV program list, just the info gets populated(screenshot 3)

If these have been fixed already apologies

judge
06-02-13, 20:02
Press menu when on that screen, timeline length is there.

judge
06-02-13, 20:04
actually, you might need to update. Why don't you want to?

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 20:05
Because of all the people saying they've got the constant green light and no updates showing and having to telnet about fonts.......

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 20:08
Press menu when on that screen, timeline length is there.

Sorted that cheers! but surely that should be in the infobar settings page also?? Because it isn't!

judge
06-02-13, 20:10
Because of all the people saying they've got the constant green light and no updates showing and having to telnet about fonts.......

well, we're doing well if that's the only problem...
easily fixed & you can also turn the green light off.

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 20:11
I'm not picking faults I don't mind waiting till 601+.

judge
06-02-13, 20:15
No worries, was just wondering.

andyblac
06-02-13, 20:26
Sorted that cheers! but surely that should be in the infobar settings page also?? Because it isn't!

it is :confused:

mickyblueys
06-02-13, 20:31
it is :confused:

Not on mine, if i press menu when the epg is displayed it shows up, but if i go into menu-setup-system-epg-infobar epg settings, my screen only has a hand full of options. but I'll wait till I update and get back to you.

andyblac
06-02-13, 20:36
Not on mine, if i press menu when the epg is displayed it shows up, but if i go into menu-setup-system-epg-infobar epg settings, my screen only has a hand full of options. but I'll wait till I update and get back to you.

ok will check that, i normally just press menu inside infobarepg screen.