PDA

View Full Version : Unit won't boot any help please???

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 15:25
My VU+ solo is stuck.

When I switch on it goes to mmy openvix image screen and says loading.

I've switched it on and off several times. Pressed reset etc but cannot get the box to respond at all.

Help!!!!!!

Any ideas.....ta.

marty
26-01-13, 15:26
Download the latest version of VIX for your SOLO and reflash it :)

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 15:28
How can I do that if the box isn't responding? Sorry for sounding like a numpty but I'm new to this unit and not the greatest. If you could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful?? Ta

marty
26-01-13, 15:30
You download on your PC then put it onto a USB stick :)
I'll see if I can find a guide for you ;)

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 15:33
nice one...that'd be great

marty
26-01-13, 15:34
Read this :)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

and you can download the latest VIX here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/&file=openvix-3.0.574-vusolo_usb.zip

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 15:57
Thanks, put the whole folder on my stick but it hasn't worked....should i just put the files on instead?

marty
26-01-13, 15:59
Did you unzip it?
Also make sure the USB stick is FAT32 :)

marty
26-01-13, 16:04
On you USB stick you should have a folder called "vuplus" and in that folder one called "solo" and inside that folder you should have the system files.

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 16:10
Yeah I have exactly that I switch it on and the orange light flashes for about two seconds then it goes green and back to the loading screen. Will try a diff pen.

marty
26-01-13, 16:13
Did you turn it off via the switch at the rear 1st? Might be worth making sure no other USB ports on the Solo are being used.
If all else fail try a different USB port?

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 16:24
no..still the same???

Larry-G
26-01-13, 16:30
Which version image did you have on the unit previously ??

marty
26-01-13, 16:31
I can't really do any more to help as I don't have a Solo here to try :(
Hopefully someone else will be along shortly who might know more :)

marty
26-01-13, 16:36
One possible thing, how long ago did you last update the box?
If it had an old version of VIX then maybe a new bootloader needs flashing 1st.

marty
26-01-13, 16:38
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BSolo/

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 16:39
woo hoo updated. I had a usb in the back for epg. If I put that back in will it still work or do I need to set it up again? Also I'm currently rescanning 28e, will I need to rescan all or will the original info still be there? thanks for all the help. I owe that man a pint. Cheers

Larry-G
26-01-13, 16:45
if it's a new setup without any settings or backups restored then you will need to setup your box again, however you can do this a little quicker by using the ABM = Autobouquetsmaker plugin in the ViX image to build maintain and auto update your sky uk channel lists.

marty
26-01-13, 16:45
woo hoo updated. I had a usb in the back for epg. If I put that back in will it still work or do I need to set it up again? Also I'm currently rescanning 28e, will I need to rescan all or will the original info still be there? thanks for all the help. I owe that man a pint. Cheers

Don't bother scanning, use the auto bouquet maker ;)
Nothing you had before will be there, start from scratch :p

Glad you got it back to life :thumbsup:

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 16:50
Thanks fellas how do i access abm?

marty
26-01-13, 16:53
menu/system/service searching/auto bouquets maker

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:00
Make sure you select both Sky uk and Freesat with your local regions so that it can populate the whole list.

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 17:04
I've managed to get my uk channels up, can anyone tell me how to add other sats?

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:08
you can use any number of premade bouquets for other locations although it would be best to send a bouquet over to the receiver first then run the ABM plugin again to populate the sky uk lineup as otherwise any bouquet you send to the box will erase the ones already on there.

What exact satellites do you want to receive to give us a better idea of what to recommend ??.

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 17:11
I can't find how to add them i'm just after the usual stuff 19e, 13e 1w etc....cant seem to find how to look for them???

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:18
you would need to use a dedicated Bouquet manager such as DreamboxEdit to copy over the bouquets to your receiver, i'm sure there is a tutorial around here somewhere.

as for the bouquets them selves we have a whole section dedicated to those.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 17:21
Thanks again it's not the bouquets im struggling to get but the actual sats themselves.

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:27
you mean your tuner settings ??

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 17:44
you mean your tuner settings ??

Started the reboot again looks like I had set up as a fixed dish.

Thanks for sticking with me

Larry-G
26-01-13, 17:46
no worries, unfortunately though i'm gona have to shoot off, my shift is coming to a end and i need to start pitting my crap in the car.

Some one will be able to help you if needed.

munkylookalikes
26-01-13, 18:10
cheers bruv

snkare
01-02-13, 16:20
WOW!

Just had a nightmare couple of days when I thought I had bricked my 100% genuine VU+ Solo! Flashed latest version of VIX and then nothing-no signal flashed various different images, ordered a new VU+ Uno, whilst waiting for it decided to go through this post again and check the Bootloader as in post, then flashed again and now it works! I have one of the original Solo's from a few years back and it's always been brilliant.

Now got to remember all the settings!

Cheers guys for the good advice.
:)