PDA

View Full Version : putting in a new channel list on the gigablue 800 se

johnboy3000
26-01-13, 13:00
hi i got the new vix image where to put new channel list into the box i tryed scaning all the channels on 28 east i know very little all i know is to ftp files but do not know where to put them thanks for any help

Larry-G
26-01-13, 13:19
first you need to know what satellites you want to receive first, then you can either send a premade bouquet over to the receiver using a dedicated bouquet manager or in the case of 28.2 east ( sky uk ) you can use the ABM = AutoBouquetsMaker plugin from within the ViX image it self.

johnboy3000
26-01-13, 13:38
thanks yes its 28.2 east and all i can find is in the exensions is webbouqueteditor to download from plugings in the exensions folder

Larry-G
26-01-13, 13:57
if your using one of the latest ViX images, in the same section as the option to perform a scan ( sorry i'm not near a receiver to check the exact path ), you should see a option there for Autobouquetsmaker.

johnboy3000
26-01-13, 14:34
ok thanks i found the Autobouquetsmaker in the vix image but i was looking for primetime fix and box office channels

Stanman
26-01-13, 14:35
There all there, go into the ALL settings and scroll down

johnboy3000
26-01-13, 14:48
thanks for all help i have do it

Larry-G
26-01-13, 15:06
And the good thing with ABM is if you set it to schedule a daily update you will almost never have to look for those changed channels again as the plugin will do it for you at your scheduled time. you can also run ABM at any time even during a advert break to pull in any missing channels if they change after your auto scheduled run has taken place.

manicscrewdriver
26-01-13, 17:01
You can also use Dreamboxedit to save your bouquets, and make them once you have scanned in the sats you require.

Nano

sonna
28-01-13, 18:16
I used to be able to press the channel up/down button whilst in the guide and it would bring up a category view instead of a list with all the channels listed. Any ideas what I can do to sort?

Larry-G
28-01-13, 18:19
There have been some major changes to the EPG in preparation for some upcoming enhancements some of these changes have been to the keymap to try and keep certain keys the same in all the various EPG screens. i believe if you press the < > buttons while in the Graphical EPG it will do what you want ( dont quote me on that though ), also now when you press CH+ or CH- it will allow you to skip 24 hrs forward or backwards.

sonna
28-01-13, 18:30
You're correct Pheonix. Thanks.