PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] AC3 or MEG langauge selection

satnav
25-01-13, 21:42
I have been experimenting getting English or in this case ENGLISCH sound track on German TV to work!

If its an HD channel with AC3 sound then MY settings (SS29) for choice English work (SS31), but when none HD and MPEG sound, the settings do not work as it stays in German (SS32), I can manually select the sound track with the sound button settings and it then gives English, as long as you don't change channel.

On Italian TV they tend to put English under Undetermined language category (SS30) and this works with either AC3 or MPEG as my Audio setup preferences are set to 1st choice English 2nd choice Undetermined (SS29).

Is this due to their way of spelling ENGLISCH or something more subtle please? :cool:

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 21:54
Is this due to their way of spelling ENGLISCH ......
Yes .

satnav
25-01-13, 23:02
Having thought about it since If it was the spelling then the AC3 choice should have also failed as spelling is the same!

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 05:25
How many AC3 streams are available? Also remember that the box remembers previously made choices.
The spelling is only used for the automatic choice.

satnav
26-01-13, 11:38
Thanks, There are generally only 2 AC3 streams per channel but some do have up to 5. The logic seems to be if HD AC3 then preferred auto selection works (English spelled either way or Undetermined) but when SD MPEG it only works when there is an Undetermined option as English is ignored!
Setting sound channel choice with sound button reverts back to default if you change channel i.e. its not remembered.

andyblac
27-01-13, 16:17
I have been experimenting getting English or in this case ENGLISCH sound track on German TV to work!

If its an HD channel with AC3 sound then MY settings (SS29) for choice English work (SS31), but when none HD and MPEG sound, the settings do not work as it stays in German (SS32), I can manually select the sound track with the sound button settings and it then gives English, as long as you don't change channel.

On Italian TV they tend to put English under Undetermined language category (SS30) and this works with either AC3 or MPEG as my Audio setup preferences are set to 1st choice English 2nd choice Undetermined (SS29).

Is this due to their way of spelling ENGLISCH or something more subtle please? :cool:

do you have skype ? i would need to debug, what channel ?

satnav
27-01-13, 16:25
Thanks Sorry No skype, i can give you by PM my current IP and passwd etc to access box for a limited period.

andyblac
27-01-13, 17:10
Thanks Sorry No skype, i can give you by PM my current IP and passwd etc to access box for a limited period.

whats channels does this happen on

satnav
27-01-13, 17:24
Slysport HD Germany!

satnav
28-01-13, 09:53
whats channels does this happen on

Just to confirm its on the none HD MPEG that have the issue as I said above. Sports Germany all