PDA

View Full Version : Rf modulater

cosie
25-01-13, 17:11
Hi all,I have a rf modulater that works perfect,sending the signal from my duo to the rest of the house via a booster in the attic.however,when watching a film on 1 channel or itv player etc,I can't view then on any other tv other than the tv that's connected via hdmi,I can hear the program on the other televisions in the house,but no picture.is it something to do with odd settings?

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 20:08
No, you can't change that.
Or better: there is a much better solution: don't use a coax but a LAN-cable to connect to a (cheap) STB connected to a TV. Much more options and not in the last/least place: a good picture quality!

cosie
25-01-13, 23:19
Ahhhh.like a partner box,think I read about that somewhere on the forum,would the 2nd stb need to be a vu
Stb?

judge
25-01-13, 23:25
Ahhhh.like a partner box,think I read about that somewhere on the forum,would the 2nd stb need to be a vu
Stb?

no, any E2 box should work fine with partnerbox.

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 05:22
Well, not PartnerBox, that's an outdated and unfriendly-to-use plugin, but RemoteStreamConvertor. It allows a clientbox to use the tuner(s) of the serverbox, and acts as if it's connected to a dish.
The brand may be any, but running a PLi-based image assures you of the said functionality (not sure about other images). The type may be a cheap box (even second-hand, and even the tuner might be missing or defect).

cosie
26-01-13, 09:34
Sounds like a great system indeed,looks like that's my next project:).
Thanks guys

cosie
26-01-13, 10:43
Scratch that,found the fault.scart lead wasn't all the way in on the back of the duo,resulting in audio only,pushed it in and bingoooo lol.still think I'll go with the 2nd e2 box in time though:)....
Btw all the players show no probs on other televisions in the house going through the modulator:)

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 11:12
still think I'll go with the 2nd e2 box in time though:)....
It really is a great system: good (HD) quality and easy to use in every room.

discuit
28-01-13, 15:43
What's the cheapest box available for achieving this?

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 16:29
I have no idea about prices. A Gigablue maybe?
You can also look for a second hand box.