PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] NOOB Torrent/Transmission plugin question

meggiedude
25-01-13, 14:01
Lo there,

Mate has sent a link to a (legal) cycling video torrent which I want to view via the Duo.
Have installed the Transmission Torrent client plugin via the VIX (OE3.0) feeds and successfully logged into the web client on my PC
So, now for the noob question for the torrent. Do I have to have a torrent client loaded on my PC to be able to pull the initial torrent file, because no matter what I put into the Open Torrent/Upload panel in the Transmission web page on the PC, nothing happens.
Or have I missed something with the config??

im85288
25-01-13, 15:22
I can only go off the usage of Transmission in general and not the plugin provide on the feeds. But normally once you have installed it and can access the web client then that is enough to be able to download torrents. All you need to do then is go to open and then upload the .torrent file that you got of your mate. It should then start downloading. It could be that you have an incorrect torrent or something so maybe worth trying out a different one instead...or maybe try a different web browser to upload the torrent from. Good luck :thumbsup:

meggiedude
25-01-13, 16:48
Cheers dude. As it was it was the browser. May have something to do with me recently going Win8.
Always a gamble loading a relatively new OS.
Anyway - now working OK with Chrome browser (not running through the pants Metro startup).
Ta

As an aside - for those of you considering Win 8 as an upgrade consider loading some of the prev versions of the apps not the win 8 ones. Skype being a good example. It is shockingly bad in Win 8 Metro format, but fine when the prev version is loaded.

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 20:11
Please post in the correct section.