PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Time Shift Questions

Sanjhere
25-01-13, 13:37
Hello All,

I hope I am posting this in the right sub forum . . . .

I hope everyone has settled down nicely into 2013 - I am about to put my mind to something that I said I would do in 2013 and get the recording and time shift for my VU+Solo.

I have an option to either use a 3TB External Drive or use a smaller one that I already have disk but that would mean transferring everything from the smaller hard drive to the bigger one and using that. I know I probably will record programs but is it worth me using a disk that big?

My main question is I understand with a hard disk you can record programs and also use time shift. I have a very basic understanding of what that is. If I turn over to a program, will I be able to rewind it all the way to the start or does it only work from the moment you turned it over to that channel?

I have searched on the forums here and Google but cannot get the answers to the basics of it, can anyone direct me to an "Idiots Guide" of Time Shifting and Recording if there is one please?

Thank you.

judge
25-01-13, 13:47
You can only rewind to the time when you switched on the channel and only IF permanent time shift is enabled