PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] No EPG info on recorded movies with media player

puschi
25-01-13, 09:03
Hi.

I note, that there is no epg info to a recorded movie in the build in movie player, if i get the list with the recorded movies.

On the left side, there are the list with the movies,
on the right, below the actual channel view
there is only the title of the selected recorded movie.

The epg info below the title is emty on allmost all entrys.:rolleyes:

Only on recordings from some few channels i see directly the epg info of the movie (thats great :p).

On the other entrys without the epg preview, i get the epg info in a windows, if i press the INFO-Button on the remote controll.

But that's not so good and not so manageable. Is this a bug or is it desired to annoy people?

What is the reason, why it works on some channels and it doesn't work on the most channels?

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 10:41
The info displayed is dependant on the info that's available.
Were do you get your EPG from?
Also: which image (version/build) and which skin are you using?

puschi
25-01-13, 11:34
The info displayed is dependant on the info that's available.
Were do you get your EPG from?
Also: which image (version/build) and which skin are you using?

Hi Rob.

I only use the epg info from the channel directly ( no crossepg downloader or plugin running)

The image is VIX3.0.452 with no special skin (standard skin from the vix image)

I use the save/load feature of epg data to a usb stick. So the epg data is present after switching on the box.

Please note, that the epg info in principle is there:
a) epg info from the channel is present at the moment the record starts (in example: recording the actual watched movie)
b) epg info is present on the hdd (saved in a seperate file to the movie)

It is only empty (not loaded / invisible) in the record list of the modia player....

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 11:51
OK, clear. Could you please update your image and see if the problem is still there?
And if it is, please try the skin Magic-HD and see if that makes any change?

puschi
25-01-13, 12:20
OK. I'll do it and post the results....
Thanks.

puschi
25-01-13, 18:40
OK, clear. Could you please update your image and see if the problem is still there?
And if it is, please try the skin Magic-HD and see if that makes any change?

Hi Rob.

I did a update to 3.0.574 : no change. no epg info on the movies like before.

Than i download the skin magic.hd 1.0+git1063 :mad:
-> with the 3.0.574 it goes to an endlessloop... the small spinner rotates.. the led flashes short and it loop's. A reset doesn't solve the problem: endlessloop....

Now i flash again without this skin.

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 19:34
Than i download the skin magic.hd 1.0+git1063 :mad:
-> with the 3.0.574 it goes to an endlessloop... the small spinner rotates.. the led flashes short and it loop's. A reset doesn't solve the problem: endlessloop....
Euh? Not sure what's wrong then. Works fine here. I would need to see a bootlog or a debuglog to see what happened.

puschi
25-01-13, 22:14
Hi Rob.

After second flash update with 3.0.574 i still get a bootloop without getting the magic-hd skin.

I made only a update with usb, restore stetting, get my plugins (dreamexplorer + ntfs-3g), delete unneeded plugins (wireless drivers, pictureview, mediasearch, crossepg) and after second boot i'll hanging in a loooooop.

I'll try to make my box running again with an old image and look if i found a error log...

Are you shure, that build 574 is running without a bootloop????

judge
25-01-13, 22:19
Yes, no bootloops using build 574.
Why are you removing default system plugins?

Larry-G
25-01-13, 22:50
as judge says your removing system plugins that are tied into the image at a core level ( CrossEPG ) for example, doing this will cause you problems and likely break your image.

and yes i have 6 boxes on 574 and all are working without bootloops.

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 05:30
No Idea why you make things difficult for yourself (and apparently for the box as well). Why would you want to remove parts of the embedded functionality? Just add what you want, but don't de-install the things you get for free.

puschi
26-01-13, 09:57
Hi.

Here are the results after 3 try's:
Installing 3.0.574 ok
installing macic_hd skin: ok
changin skin: ok
removing wireless driver: ok
removing non working mediascanner: ok
removing crossepg: ok
removing openwebif: endlessloop!!!

Now to the epg info: the epg info with magic_hd skin works correct, with vix_night skin: doesn't work.

Now to the bug in 3.0.574: if i press the OK button in the simple epg list: enigma crashes

Why do i remove the plugin's?

Because i want to speed up the boot time. So i remove unneeded drivers and program's. I haven't a wireless usb, the mediascanner dosn't work, i have a standalone box without network, so i remove crossepg and openwebif. This gives 4MB flash memory free...

Larry-G
26-01-13, 10:02
you your self are the one causing the bootloop by removing embedded system plugins. These plugins are there for a reason and unlike a lot of other images they are not just addons but in most cases highly modified and adapted specifically for the ViX image. The image needs these files so leave them alone.

as for removing CrossEPG because you have no network ??. CrossEPG when used with the OpenTV sources obtains it's data directly from the satellite feed, it does not need a network connection especially for sky uk. and without it how do you think your going to get a working EPG ??.

puschi
26-01-13, 10:10
you your self are the one causing the bootloop by removing embedded system plugins. These plugins are there for a reason and unlike a lot of other images they are not just addons but in most cases highly modified and adapted specifically for the ViX image. The image needs these files so leave them alone.

as for removing CrossEPG because you have no network ??. CrossEPG when used with the OpenTV sources obtains it's data directly from the satellite feed, it does not need a network connection especially for sky uk. and without it how do you think your going to get a working EPG ??.

I thought crossepg was only in combination with a internet connection.
Ok thanks for that info. I'll test it and leave the plugins there. I'm from germany and i didn't found a working crossepg with any epg data from satelite in the past. Epg works fine without crossepg plugin in the past......

What about the enigma crash if i press the ok button in simple epg?
Are there a fix for the standard vix_night skin, to show the epg info from recorded movies in the future????

Thanks.

Larry-G
26-01-13, 10:19
I thought crossepg was only in combination with a internet connection.
Ok thanks for that info. I'll test it and leave the plugins there. I'm from germany and i didn't found a working crossepg with any epg data from satelite in the past. Epg works fine without crossepg plugin in the past......

Leaving it alone wont cause you any problems so best it leave it be. now i'm not sure about the german services but for the UK we ony receive a very very basic now and next for some channels unless we specifically set up a EPG.

What about the enigma crash if i press the ok button in simple epg?
Are there a fix for the standard vix_night skin, to show the epg info from recorded movies in the future????

Thanks.

That error i believe was fixed in Build 577 ( yet unreleased ) it will be present in the next public update. as for the EPG problems i can only assume thats because you done have a EPG setup as without a dedicated EPG setup you are only going to receive the most basic now and next data for some but not all channels.