PDA

View Full Version : ultimo restarting and booting problems

corky84
24-01-13, 17:09
hi guys i need some help please i got an ultimo about 3 weeks ago, i installed latest vix image set it up and everything was going nicely until during the week i turned it on and it and it wouldnt go past bootlogo and the spinner would spin on and off with remote having no effect .i restart it a couple of times and still same.... So i flash it again with various images and numerous times each one ,after i go through basic setup and have to do a gui restart for a skin change ,bouquet install or plugin install it starts and gets stuck at bootlogo ,also i took hard drive to make sure that wasnt causing it . I've attached logs if anyone can help

bouncerdove
27-01-13, 22:18
Hi. I had exactly the same problem. I upgraded fpga as soon as image was installed and problem cured. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/smile1.gif

corky84
28-01-13, 23:39
hi i got it sorted i just keep installing and reinstalling image and eventually it booted away like normal and has been working away since .im none the wiser as to what was wrong just happy to have it going and touch wood it will stay that way....

Larry-G
29-01-13, 00:51
The crash log you uploaded is from the ViX 3.0.204 image which was the very first Public release of the ViX 3.x series image, This is now approximately 5 months old and while that may not sound like much it's a age in this hobby. also you mention rebooting after installing a skin ??, Which skin exactly as not all skins are compatible and this could be a reason why the box is misbehaving.

ea.xlns
02-02-13, 20:52
I'm having the exact same problem now and am using the latest 'openvix-3.0.589-vuultimo_usb.zip'

I've reflashed and set up my receiver nearly 10 times today and each time I restart it, it won't boot up, I get the Vu+ logo on the vfd screen and the startup doesn't go any further.

I am forced into a full reflash again as the only way to get it back up and running.

I've tried a fpga upgrade (blue to download latest firmware) but the box keeps crashing and doing a quick restart.

Anything I need to do guys?

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 12:37
Anyone help? This is very worrying...

Clabs
03-02-13, 13:04
How long are you leaving it to boot up? The last Ultimo I flashed with 589 stayed with the Vu logo on the vfd for a good 10 minutes before it carried on to the rest of the boot process.

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 13:07
I left it for 20 minutes this morning and it just stayed on the Vu+ logo. I'm not even able to update the FPGA straight after a re-flash. Getting an error log and the box does a quick restart...23253232512325223250

Larry-G
03-02-13, 13:09
The FPGA upgrade is a firmware update for the tuner cards, you should not be flashing that unnecessarily.

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 13:11
The FPGA upgrade is a firmware update for the tuner cards, you should not be flashing that unnecessarily.

Reading this thread I thought that may be the issue. What do you suggest I do pheonix?

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 13:15
So it has booted successfully this time but when install my ipk files, crossepg, autobouquet and other settings I'm pretty sure it won't boot up successfully next time as was the case yesterday.

Larry-G
03-02-13, 13:21
So it has booted successfully this time but when install my ipk files, crossepg, autobouquet and other settings I'm pretty sure it won't boot up successfully next time as was the case yesterday.

Which image are you installing ?

If it's ViX there is no need to install CrossEPG as ViX already has a Highly modified EPG integrated at a core level and by installing CrossEPG you will be overwriting a lot of image critical files thus causing many if not all of the issues your having your self.

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 13:24
It is the latest version of ViX on the openvix website. I'm not installing crossepg, I just meant setting it up and downloading the latest set of epg.

Larry-G
03-02-13, 13:29
so what other plugins are you installing manually or via the feeds ?, it may be one of those is reactive negatively in your case. On my own Ultimo i install only a few plugins, one being CCcam 2.2.1 the Ondemand plugin ( currently in beta ). This box is used as my primary viewing box and i honestly cant remember the last time it crashed.

ea.xlns
03-02-13, 13:32
so what other plugins are you installing manually or via the feeds ?, it may be one of those is reactive negatively in your case. On my own Ultimo i install only a few plugins, one being CCcam 2.2.1 the Ondemand plugin ( currently in beta ). This box is used as my primary viewing box and i honestly cant remember the last time it crashed.

cccam 2.3.0.
mgcamd 1.35a
icefilms-preview
enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_201210091615_all
and ocram reflection hd picons

Pretty sure it can't be the plugins now as I manually restarted it straight after installing all of these...

Now I'm onto doing crossepg and will do my autobouquets...

Is the on demand plugin available in the feeds?

kallestorp
24-02-13, 15:56
I have this problem after losing power, which happens sometimes in the rural area where I live. The 3.0 image will not start normally again. when you try to flash again and reinstall setting and/or plugins it will not run either. This weekend was the third time that I should do a full installation manually (as if it was a new box), due to powerloss. I hope you great tech guys will find a solution :thumbsup:. For the time being I will install 2.4 till it is solved

Regards Marcel

kallestorp
13-03-13, 11:33
I have this problem after powerloss or when I use the main switch on the backside of the ultimo.

It is a lot of work to reinstall all. Because a new flash of the box with vix 3.0 and a backup reinstall doesnt work either. It is hanging itself also. Can one of you experts please test this for this a dirty one

Regards

Marcel