PDA

View Full Version : ViX Team Image Wishlist Poll

soulmate
24-09-10, 10:48
I thought it would be nice know for the users of this forum as well as maybe for the ViX Team what to implement in future releases of this image.
I have added a few poll items -the ones that came to my mind first- to see at a glance the most desired features.
It would be nice if one could limit oneself to three features

pooface
24-09-10, 11:33
Well, I can let you kow that the majority of these features have all been added for the next image ;)

Please remember though ... do not do any "when will the next image be released" type threads or messages. We're working on it, and will release it as soon as it's ready ;)

Can I just ask what you mean by "Settings"? Do you mean channel lists?

soulmate
24-09-10, 11:39
Hi, my intention was to avoid those type of threads you are talking about. With settings I mean "bouquet settings". If the thread is a "when will the next image be released" type of thread please do not hesitate to delete as I did not want to cause confusion.
I thought it would be nice to have 1 central thread for that instead of 10 or 15 threads where you never know if it is one single person wanting this feature or 100...

pooface
24-09-10, 11:42
Sorry, wasn't mean that this one was. I was just meaning, that since I put the post above, it might cause people to post in this thread (or create new posts elsewhere), asking when will it be released etc...

Thanks for confirming that ;) Already sorted :p

Sicilian
24-09-10, 12:33
as Poo stated most of them feature have already been implemented ;)

soulmate
24-09-10, 13:05
alright, I'd go for dts downmix....:-) then...

gan23
24-09-10, 13:38
whats MHW EPG??

pooface
24-09-10, 13:45
whats MHW EPG??

It's MediaHighway EPG. Just a system that receives the epg data... Like the Sky UK & Italia uses the OpenTV EPG method (iirc)...

So, as an example, if you go to certain channels on Digital+, Canalsat Fr, etc, it will populate the epg with x number of days data...

cbr900
24-09-10, 13:47
as Poo stated most of them feature have already been implemented ;)

Please include in your sever a gbox cam to install it when needed by someone

gan23
24-09-10, 13:51
It's MediaHighway EPG. Just a system that receives the epg data... Like the Sky UK & Italia uses the OpenTV EPG method (iirc)...

So, as an example, if you go to certain channels on Digital+, Canalsat Fr, etc, it will populate the epg with x number of days data...

Sorry, I should have guessed that. Never seen the abreviation used for mediahighway before
Thanks pooface

soulmate
24-09-10, 13:55
"It's MediaHighway EPG"

Sorry for the typo, unfortunately I cannot edit the poll...

pooface
24-09-10, 14:24
"It's MediaHighway EPG"

Sorry for the typo, unfortunately I cannot edit the poll...

No typo. That's how I've always seen it done... Anyway, this image will include the EIT and Viasat epg streams too ;)

guff daddy
24-09-10, 15:08
Some items not on the list which I would request
1) CRON manager (list/add/remove crontabs )
2) Movie List - function to mark multiple items for deletion (as in Suomipoeka)

Sicilian
24-09-10, 15:23
I really don't understand why cam configs are on the list. They're available anywhere and can easily be made with notepad and ftp'ed. Users would have to edit these anyway.

soulmate
24-09-10, 15:28
I don't see the need for them neither but I included them in the poll because they seem to be important to a lot of people. I suggest having some readymade configs for the most common cards and emu combinations would be a nice idea, also taking away a lot of requests from the forum alike "how do I use this and that card with vu+ duo". What do you think?

Sicilian
24-09-10, 15:32
I don't undertstand it too but I included them in the poll because they seem to be important to a lot of people. I suggest having some readymade configs for the most common cards and emu combinations.

We wont be having anykind of ready made configs, sorry. Users will have to add their own configs to use with their own cards/emu.

soulmate
24-09-10, 15:34
okay accepted but may I kindly ask why not?

grtmoby
24-09-10, 15:40

forum rules ;)

Sicilian
24-09-10, 15:43

As I stated, users would have to create/edit their own. There's no point have ready made config's, users would always have to edit them to make them work.

Look, if I'm to be honest here, I'm not entirely happy about this poll. I can see this turning into a free for all with all sorts of demands/requests.

soulmate
24-09-10, 15:44
Please close and/or delete it. If you feel that these kind of discussions are useless then please do so. Sorry if I annoyed anyone.It's your board!

Sicilian
24-09-10, 15:59
Please close and/or delete it. If you feel that these kind of discussions are useless then please do so. Sorry if I annoyed anyone.It's your board!

Sorry if I sounded it bit harsh in my post above. Like I explained in my PM I'm just a little concerned what this thread will turn into. I'm not going to close it provided it don't turn into a demand thread. Please don't be put off by this as I've found your posts be a great addition to the board. Also you've been very helpful to some members, thank you.

harryoz
24-09-10, 16:00
Firstly I have'nt taken the plunge to ViX Team Image yet, still using PLi, but I am more concerned about having a good stable image rather than all the glitzy stuff,
I would like to be able to add and delete channels and transponders without having to dreamboxedit every time to make changes.
But as soon as version 1.1 I will go for it!!

Congrats to all the Team

soulmate
24-09-10, 16:09
Sorry if I sounded it bit harsh in my post above.

No, you did NOT!!!!!!

grtmoby
24-09-10, 16:12
sorry if may seem out off topic but
like ur avatar soulmate ;)

soulmate
24-09-10, 16:17
off-topic well appreciated! thanks!

appc777
24-09-10, 19:17
I can't Stop Dreaming to see ViX on my solo. http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2109642_t.gif

pooface
24-09-10, 19:42
I can't Stop Dreaming to see ViX on my solo. http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2109642_t.gif

As we've said, we need some solo boxes... Only one of us has a solo, so there's not really any way we can develop it and test it...

Ask vu if they'll send us some ;)

alex @ vuplus . com

spacemonkey
24-09-10, 19:56
my personal opinion for the developments goals \ wishlist and this goes for all images. Number one on the list "The wife doesn't moan that the SKY HD box is better", after that everying else is a nice to have

grtmoby
24-09-10, 20:23
my personal opinion for the developments goals \ wishlist and this goes for all images. Number one on the list "The wife doesn't moan that the SKY HD box is better", after that everying else is a nice to have

they can be hardly satisfied, they's then complaint about the remote or anything :roflmao:

pooface
24-09-10, 20:26

lol. We just wish that that could be implemented in the image... We'd all love that :D Instead, it's best to just get a new woman :p hehe

grtmoby
24-09-10, 20:34
lol. We just wish that that could be implemented in the image... We'd all love that :D Instead, it's best to just get a new woman :p hehe

yeah and so we can use the multi quick button ;)
:roflmao:

philsat
24-09-10, 20:37

just give her a bottle of wine that normally does it for me :D

phil

Stanman
25-09-10, 10:55
Enable the coloured buttons to FFW, RWD, Pause and Play.

bob1
25-09-10, 12:44
Enable the coloured buttons to FFW, RWD, Pause and Play.

I prefer it as it is now, you already have buttons to do that anyway.
A panic button like in DE would be good though.

andyblac
25-09-10, 13:36
I prefer it as it is now, you already have buttons to do that anyway.
A panic button like in DE would be good though.

what is a panic button ?

micscave
25-09-10, 14:16
what is a panic button ?

Hey andy
It's what I asked about earlier in the week. A quick press of the"0" button takes you to the first channel in your first bouquet (usualy BBC1).
It's a great way to get back to your fav sat on your fixed dish whilst sat hopping with the motorised.

Many thanks

Blu-ray
25-09-10, 23:34
I don't see the need for them neither but I included them in the poll because they seem to be important to a lot of people. I suggest having some readymade configs for the most common cards and emu combinations would be a nice idea, also taking away a lot of requests from the forum alike "how do I use this and that card with vu+ duo". What do you think? I think they are important to NEWBIES like me and others.

andyblac
26-09-10, 01:00
Hey andy
It's what I asked about earlier in the week. A quick press of the"0" button takes you to the first channel in your first bouquet (usualy BBC1).
It's a great way to get back to your fav sat on your fixed dish whilst sat hopping with the motorised.

Many thanks

done added for v1.1, shhhh

basilyoung
26-09-10, 01:07
what I love about the VIX image, is simple to use, no silly bells and whistles
some standard addons would be welcome,
but thats being dealt with, from what I have read
due to working commitments, at the mo, I am just a surfer
but the more complex the image, so are the problems
the team have private lives, with out them, there is no team, the cost of the unit, does not include images
images are given freely by the VIX team, and others,

baz

andyblac
26-09-10, 01:24
what I love about the VIX image, is simple to use, no silly bells and whistles
some standard addons would be welcome,
but thats being dealt with, from what I have read
due to working commitments, at the mo, I am just a surfer
but the more complex the image, so are the problems
the team have private lives, with out them, there is no team, the cost of the unit, does not include images
images are given freely by the VIX team, and others,

baz

what private life :roflmao:

micscave
26-09-10, 08:39
Thanks andy it's a great feature.

Many thanks

bob1
26-09-10, 09:06
what is a panic button ?

Instead of going back to the last channel you were on when you press "0" it takes you back to channel 1 ,like micscave says its a good way to get back quickly rather than just pressing 1,i think it used to delete zapping history as well.

Zapp
26-09-10, 10:55
they can be hardly satisfied, they's then complaint about the remote or anything :roflmao:

"AWWWww... I miss that cute panel .... That modern style.... The separate power supply .... This thing you bought is so quaint ...."

Zapp
26-09-10, 11:11
Just my 1 cent about this poll.
I think it's great to know what users like most: it leads you to make choices that will satisfy a larger number of people, and, eventually, your personal satisfaction as a developer will be far greater.
At the same time, being a developer myself wiith some experience, I know that there is always a danger: to raise expectations toward some specific features: after all, if feature A, B and C are on top of the list, why are the developers thinking about something else?
It happened to me in the past, and I ended up quitting the project altogether. I just couldn't stand giving my time (a lot of it) away for free, sometimes staying up all night to solve a bug, only to hear people were unhappy with the new release because longed-for feature B was missing.
So, I think this poll is a neat idea as long as we users see it as it surely is meant to be: a way to help the devs, not to harass them.
I am confident, because I like the fresh air on this board and the casual attitude, so I think everything will b ok.

Oh, and btw my wife is from Sicily: never underestimate what Sicilians can do: they are clever, resourceful people :-))))

soulmate
26-09-10, 13:48
From the responses here I'm quite confident that this will turn into what it was intended to be: a linking device between the team and the members of the board.

Alan Pee
26-09-10, 14:07
Glad to see that skins is leading the poll. And glad to hear that most items on the wish list are already being implemented on the next version. Great great image and it will nice to have some very lovely skins incorporated especially those with mini tv and PIG with bigger text font and different colour for epg. Good job VIX team. Thanks again.

andyblac
26-09-10, 17:10
Glad to see that skins is leading the poll. And glad to hear that most items on the wish list are already being implemented on the next version. Great great image and it will nice to have some very lovely skins incorporated especially those with mini tv and PIG with bigger text font and different colour for epg. Good job VIX team. Thanks again.

just to let you all know that just because something is leading the poll does not mean that it will be done :), we have enough to be going on with on our own list, it will just give us an idea how you would LIKE the image to go.

and as i am the sole coder, i have better things to do with my time than skins, so they will always be at the bottom of my list, but if anyone wants to join the coding team to do skins i would be glad to give you advice on where to start. as long as you have had some experience in coding.

Zapp
26-09-10, 17:20
I am repeating here a request I posted somewhere else: what Linux distro would be best for me to study in order to become proficient in VuDuo stuff? I know C, C# and a number of other languages. I cannot assure you that I'm going to be of any use at all, but ... who knows?

andyblac
26-09-10, 17:31
I am repeating here a request I posted somewhere else: what Linux distro would be best for me to study in order to become proficient in VuDuo stuff? I know C, C# and a number of other languages. I cannot assure you that I'm going to be of any use at all, but ... who knows?

the programming language for main program is python, the os is OE1.6 (a linux distro), but for skins it XML based

cryptic x
26-09-10, 18:03
will utube work on the new image ????????/

andyblac
26-09-10, 18:32
will utube work on the new image ????????/

not tried, did it work in the old one ?

pooface
26-09-10, 20:37
not tried, did it work in the old one ?

As far as I know, it worked on the old one... I think it would work on the new one, but not actually tried it :p

andyblac
26-09-10, 21:22
As far as I know, it worked on the old one... I think it would work on the new one, but not actually tried it :p

i thought it did, but was just checking :)

yngvekl
26-09-10, 22:33
@andyblack
and as i am the sole coder, Are you doing this image all alone?!?? :eek::eek::eek:
Man, you rock!!!

pooface
26-09-10, 22:39
@andyblack Are you doing this image all alone?!?? :eek::eek::eek:
Man, you rock!!!

We do keep him locked up in a cave in a secret location with a slice of bread and glass of water everyday... If he's lucky, he's allowed a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea... But, that's only on a good day of coding. Any bugs that day, and his slice of bread is taken away from him...

Now, andy, get back in to that cave, and get your rest, ready for a hard day of coding tomorrow

yngvekl
26-09-10, 22:49
I understand that there are many more people to thank for these images, I was just blown away with the fact that his doing all the coding himself. To all involved making the image what it is, to all involved helping others... Thank you!

andyblac
26-09-10, 23:46
We do keep him locked up in a cave in a secret location with a slice of bread and glass of water everyday... If he's lucky, he's allowed a slice of chocolate cake and a cup of tea... But, that's only on a good day of coding. Any bugs that day, and his slice of bread is taken away from him...

Now, andy, get back in to that cave, and get your rest, ready for a hard day of coding tomorrow

Cake what chocolate cake, bloody sic has been stealing my cake :roflmao:

andyblac
26-09-10, 23:49
I understand that there are many more people to thank for these images, I was just blown away with the fact that his doing all the coding himself. To all involved making the image what it is, to all involved helping others... Thank you!

yeah, it is a team effort, i could not do it without the team, helping me finding bugs and supplying me with the error logs etc, i cant take the sole credit :D

samad
27-09-10, 07:42
andyblac - you are doing a gr8 job. When is 1.2 coming :D

^ZioGiā^
27-09-10, 12:06
i've got used for the first time your image.
Congratulations very beautiful and functional.
It would be perfect with support for usb-dtt ;)

giciosky
27-09-10, 16:32
i've got used for the first time your image.
Congratulations very beautiful and functional.
It would be perfect with support for usb-dtt ;)

I think the same thing!

kihaad
27-09-10, 18:56
Usb dtt!!!!!!!!!!!

Morpheus1969
27-09-10, 20:10
hi from italy
hope in the implementation the dtt drivers for hauppauge/avermedia usb dtt drive.
after this will be the best image

thankss for your work!

pooface
27-09-10, 20:17
hi from italy
hope in the implementation the dtt drivers for hauppauge/avermedia usb dtt drive.
after this will be the best image

thankss for your work!

Shame that de can't just release their work to other groups, or at least select us to release their work to ;) hehe...

micscave
27-09-10, 20:53
Thanks fellas
This really is a great image & makes the Vu+ even more of a joy to use than it was before. I never really used anything other than the DE images before the first VIX image came out, I didn't switch back either.

I don't know whether this was a skin or image thing with the DE image, but on the second info bar it would display the name of the package the channel you were on belonged to. Would this be possible to implement ?

Many thanks
micscave

Zapp
27-09-10, 21:38
Shame that de can't just release their work to other groups, or at least select us to release their work to ;) hehe...

Ehm ... :p

aristoteles78
27-09-10, 22:43
I hope USB DTT will be implemented soon!!

Congratulations to the developers for your excellent image!

andyblac
27-09-10, 23:43
Thanks fellas
This really is a great image & makes the Vu+ even more of a joy to use than it was before. I never really used anything other than the DE images before the first VIX image came out, I didn't switch back either.

I don't know whether this was a skin or image thing with the DE image, but on the second info bar it would display the name of the package the channel you were on belonged to. Would this be possible to implement ?

Many thanks
micscave

we have a second info bar press 'OK' again whilst the infobar is on screen, or you can make it standard by going to SYSTEM --> VIX --> Skin Settings

micscave
28-09-10, 00:26
Ayup andy
Yeah I know there is a second info bar, my question was about displaying which package the channel you're on is from.
Say if you were on Tring sports news at 16E, on the info bar it would say Tring or TV1000 on sirius it would display viasat or which ever package it was from. It's useful to see at a glance what package you're clearing.

I hope this makes sense & thanks again for a great image.

micscave

Sicilian
28-09-10, 06:57
Ayup andy
Yeah I know there is a second info bar, my question was about displaying which package the channel you're on is from.
Say if you were on Tring sports news at 16E, on the info bar it would say Tring or TV1000 on sirius it would display viasat or which ever package it was from. It's useful to see at a glance what package you're clearing.

I hope this makes sense & thanks again for a great image.

micscave

It does m8, I've just doubled checked on mine. Press ok when the infobar is showing to bring up the second infobar. Tested on sly uk.

micscave
28-09-10, 10:51
It does m8, I've just doubled checked on mine. Press ok when the infobar is showing to bring up the second infobar. Tested on sly uk.

It shows the provider sometimes by theCCcam info/ecm/caid/hops bit yes. If your on a fta channel there is no info as to which package the channel belongs to. Maybe I can't see the wood for the trees, I can't check untill I get home from work. I only have second info bar showing, I dunno whether that makes any difference ?. I just seem to remember in the top left hand corner of the second info bar on DE it would show this info.

It's no biggy really, I just thought I would ask. I do really love the image though, please don't think I'm moaning.

Thanks blokes
micscave

Sicilian
28-09-10, 10:54
It shows the provider sometimes by theCCcam info/ecm/caid/hops bit yes. If your on a fta channel there is no info as to which package the channel belongs to. Maybe I can't see the wood for the trees, I can't check untill I get home from work. I only have second info bar showing, I dunno whether that makes any difference ?. I just seem to remember in the top left hand corner of the second info bar on DE it would show this info.

It's no biggy really, I just thought I would ask. I do really love the image though, please don't think I'm moaning.

Thanks blokes
micscave

Didn't think the FTA channels showed any kind of package, cant remember what info other images show. I know the satellite shows if that helps.

micscave
28-09-10, 13:10
No problem sic, cheers anyway. anyone still using DE and know what i'm going on about ? Maybe you can explain it better than I can.

Cheers

Sicilian
28-09-10, 16:57
No problem sic, cheers anyway. anyone still using DE and know what i'm going on about ? Maybe you can explain it better than I can.

Cheers

I understand what you saying. For instance the sly channels show the provider as Sly UK (28.2), but the FTA channels show the provider as UNKNOWN. See the screenshot below. Is that what you mean?

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1514

micscave
29-09-10, 00:07
Hey sic
Thanks for sticking with this. Yes that is the info I mean & I have that but it isn't what I mean. I think that is from the CCcam info. I've attached some screenies from the DE image page which shows what I mean. I'm sure these are taken from the sat list rather than the CCcam info, which means all channels will display their provider. Or maybe i'm wrong.

I hope this explains it better.

Many thanks
micscave

oblivian
29-09-10, 11:32
agree with you miscave
i use dmconcinnity and on 2nd infobar no provider, no sat position, no freq, no resolution
would be nice if these things will be avaiable on infobar

@muja@
29-09-10, 12:54
What about subtitle support for playing MKV/AVI foles with subs??
Thanks

yngvekl
29-09-10, 14:24
Don't post the same question in several threads...

@muja@
29-09-10, 15:07
This is WISH list though,question or asking for help is deferent case so....... i can not see what the problem is.

papinder
30-09-10, 14:44
I would like a crontab like just put the timing and select file or just emu_restart like is in dreamelite

Berggren
30-09-10, 15:59
Proper linebreaks for the subs for all of us living in the nordic countries :cool:

If itīs possible? I do know it can be done since PLi has it, but it surely needs some work to get it going. Not a coder sp I canīt help :( Just letting you know what i miss on this image at the moment.

Great image nevertheless, do love it a lot.
Keep the updates and improvements coming Andy and the rest of you.

dalraist
30-09-10, 21:52

Just to undersand, did you succeed to install DVB-T drivers on image based on 5.0?
There is an open source project about it, so you can easily find out if it is working or not.
VuPlus may have changed a little the kernel on realeases >5.0, so it seems to be a problem to implement them.
However, I know in the beginning DE Team directly asked VuPlus about DVB-T and I think they were cooperatives. May you do the same?

satkingno
02-10-10, 09:59
I really miss the channel list progress bars from DE 1.33...any way of getting them back?

Regards

*******no

micscave
02-10-10, 10:15
Hey andy
I just wondered if you saw my post (post 75) & had a look at the attached screenies. I think the provider name on them is taken from the sat list rather than the cccam info, I might be wrong on this of course. On the first pic though it is a FTA channel and the provider info is showing.

Also I used to use the Ghost skin on DE and when you were in a channel list, the program displayed next to the channel was in a different colour (yellow) which made it stand out a lot more than it does if it is the same colour. Could this be possible on your HD skin ? I'm not suggesting yellow as it would look wrong on your fantastic looking skin, but maybe a different/bolder shade of black/grey.

Thank you for reading this & I look forward to your comments

Cheers bloke
micscave

grtmoby
02-10-10, 10:19
I really miss the channel list progress bars from DE 1.33...any way of getting them back?

Regards

*******no

u just need to enable it;)

menu>setup>system>customize> show even progress in channel selection make it yes

andyblac
02-10-10, 12:13
Hey andy
I just wondered if you saw my post (post 75) & had a look at the attached screenies. I think the provider name on them is taken from the sat list rather than the cccam info, I might be wrong on this of course. On the first pic though it is a FTA channel and the provider info is showing.

Also I used to use the Ghost skin on DE and when you were in a channel list, the program displayed next to the channel was in a different colour (yellow) which made it stand out a lot more than it does if it is the same colour. Could this be possible on your HD skin ? I'm not suggesting yellow as it would look wrong on your fantastic looking skin, but maybe a different/bolder shade of black/grey.

Thank you for reading this & I look forward to your comments

Cheers bloke
micscave

yeah, i need to take another look at my code for that, see what i can come up with :)

satkingno
02-10-10, 13:20
u just need to enable it;)

menu>setup>system>customize> show even progress in channel selection make it yes

Oh, I didn't know that. Nice! Thanks a lot! :)

bosspapy
02-10-10, 13:49
Thanks for ls VIX image and for the constant support online.

As many other users I would appreciate the implementation of the USB DTT.

Will it be possible? When?

Thanks

rockerduck
02-10-10, 13:52
As I wrote in the main Vix image thread, one thing I missed after installing this image (hope it's correct english) is the "Blue Panel".
Could be useful a "VIX panel" with Cam manager, Image utilities, Mount Manager, Skin chooser, etc.
A forum poll to choose the most useful extensions to put in the panel, could be nice...

andyblac
02-10-10, 15:25
Thanks for ls VIX image and for the constant support online.

As many other users I would appreciate the implementation of the USB DTT.

Will it be possible? When?

Thanks

it not that easy :D, i dont even think anyone has it with OE1.6 yet,

andyblac
02-10-10, 15:26
As I wrote in the main Vix image thread, one thing I missed after installing this image (hope it's correct english) is the "Blue Panel".
Could be useful a "VIX panel" with Cam manager, Image utilities, Mount Manager, Skin chooser, etc.
A forum poll to choose the most useful extensions to put in the panel, could be nice...

we have VIX menu, go to SETUP at the bottom you will see VIX :D

rockerduck
02-10-10, 17:44
I saw it, but it's not the same thing...
Maybe I didn't understand what kind of panel is meant in the first poll option...

Messi
18-10-10, 15:16
I'll like a GUI CronManager in VIX image
Thanks

jrbmw
18-10-10, 17:59
An addon manager would be nice to install progs manually,and also scripts

rossi2000
22-10-10, 16:51
would it be possible to get openvpn added to the vix image?
i have to stick with de1.3.3 atm becuase it has it built in and i want to upgrade images. :)

urgoz
22-10-10, 19:48
My wish: access to Sky Germany subservices... Green/Long green not working in this image.

papinder
23-10-10, 17:29
My wish: access to Sky Germany subservices... Green/Long green not working in this image.

what image does it work with ?

cervot
02-11-10, 22:09
openvpn panel:)

tagteam3283
02-11-10, 22:15
is it possible to have a default language so whichever channel you select it will defer to that language. especially handy one euro sats

silverfox0786
05-11-10, 03:39
can you put it in your long list of to do to have mine make me a cuppa please :p

coding the cuppa program should be easy

i know it starts

conio.sh make cuppa

guff daddy
05-11-10, 11:25
This is the most minor of insignificant requests (which I think shows how mature and complete the VIX image has become...)

The Movie Player is fine - less fiddly than Suomipoeka - but there is one element missing: in Suomipoeka you can select a number of different movies (using the Movie button) and then delete them all with a single press of the Delete button. Can we have similar functionality in the VIX version please?

andyblac
06-11-10, 12:20
This is the most minor of insignificant requests (which I think shows how mature and complete the VIX image has become...)

The Movie Player is fine - less fiddly than Suomipoeka - but there is one element missing: in Suomipoeka you can select a number of different movies (using the Movie button) and then delete them all with a single press of the Delete button. Can we have similar functionality in the VIX version please?

how did this work, how did you select them ?

guff daddy
06-11-10, 13:24
how did this work, how did you select them ?

The button between MENU and AUDIO - the button you select the Movie Player with in the first place. If you press this while in the recordings list, it marks the recording you are on as '01' and moves on to the next which if you press the button is marked as '02' and so on...

Handy if you have about 50 old QI/HIGNFY/Would I Lie To You recordings to delete because the hard drive is full.

XeWonder
07-11-10, 10:39
Hi,

I woould like to see the "auto audio selection" (like on PLI) implemented. Having motorized dish with all this channels and having to switch language all the time can be as real pain!

Thanks

guff daddy
07-12-10, 20:02

Andy - did you forget about this one?

andyblac
08-12-10, 02:19
Andy - did you forget about this one?

hmm, when i get time i'll have a look. how do you select them in Suomipoeka

guff daddy
08-12-10, 09:15
hmm, when i get time i'll have a look. how do you select them in Suomipoeka

The Movie button (detailed a few posts above)

spacemonkey
08-12-10, 09:33
My wish list
AutoTimer to have days of the week function
check for free tuner when setting up new timer
mask empty channels in bouquets when used to match sky number e.g 101 = BBC 1
enter channel numbers in VixEPG
Update SKY channels + bouquets automatically
Improved movie player interface (a.k.a WDlive TVix etc)
BBC iPlayer

hummer66
08-12-10, 10:35
Hi,

I woould like to see the "auto audio selection" (like on PLI) implemented. Having motorized dish with all this channels and having to switch language all the time can be as real pain!

Thanks
me to
bump