PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Backup manager SAMBA/NFS?

marty
24-01-13, 15:32
I've noticed that when I do a fresh flash and then restore settings with a previous backup everything is great and works perfect EXCEPT for one (well two in my case) things :confused:
I still have to re-do SAMBA and NFS, is there some way of saving these so it gets put back when restored? (automounts are OK, just the SAMBA/NFS services) :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 15:36
Then you didn't restore the plugins? As both are plugins, not just settings.

marty
24-01-13, 15:50
With the risk of looking stupid :p how?

Isn't CCCAM a plugin? I didn't need to redo that

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 16:11
With the risk of looking stupid :p how?
When doing a restore you're first being asked if you want to restore the settings and when that has been completed you should say 'yes' to the question if you want to restore plugins.

Isn't CCCAM a plugin? I didn't need to redo that
CCcam is regarded as a file (which in fact it is). That means that after a restore you won't see CCcam being listed under installed plugins.

marty
24-01-13, 16:21
I get it now, I did a restore after the flash as part as the initial startup and it seems that only restores settings yet when you run restore from blue button/vix it does both :thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 17:13
Well, actually the restore during the first install wizard should work the same way. And it does for me.

marty
26-01-13, 10:47
Well, actually the restore during the first install wizard should work the same way. And it does for me.

Yes and no :D after looking into it a little more under NORMAL circumstances it would restore OK (by normal I mean having a LAN connection)
I my case I have WiFi and it cannot restore the plugins until you have a connection, once settings are restored and the unit has rebooted you can run backup restore a 2nd time and then it works :)

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 10:55
Indeed: WLAN has disadvantages :p