PDA

View Full Version : [TM-2T] Unable to mount Network CIFS share

musogeek
24-01-13, 14:56
Trying to add Cifs Share to the receiver using latest ViX - network share working on Vu+ Duo with same settings -

mount using FSTAB (mount using linux)
Active - enable
Local share name - filesSTORAGE
Mount type - CIFS share
Server IP (my lan drive IP)
server share - files
use as HDD replacement - no
Mount options - rw
username - username
password - *******

not using username and password on local drive so undefined

showing as activated - ie - green tick, but red cross in HDD icon

fstab file showing following entry
//192.168.x.x/files /media/net/filesSTORAGE cifs username=username,password=password,_netdev,rw 0 0

folder created - /media/net/filesSTORAGE
above folder has nothing in - i.e. - network files not showing, apart from blank .fstab file

tried editing /etc/fstab to
//192.168.x.x/files /media/net/filesSTORAGE cifs username=,password=,_netdev,rw 0 0

still not working - will be away till sunday so unable to try out anyone's ideas, but any help appreciated!

musogeek
24-01-13, 15:29
sorry btw if it should be posted in the ViX section - anyway still trying to get out the front door - had a look at fstab in Vu+ Duo and it was

//192.168.x.x/files /media/net/filesSTORAGE cifs username=username,password=password,_netdev 0 0

so difference is it didn't have rw defined - changed it to this and still no joy

if it has any bearing the drive on the network is formatted to ntfs

Sicilian
24-01-13, 15:37
Menu > Setup > System > Network > Install Samba.

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 15:39
sorry btw if it should be posted in the ViX section - ....
Accepted and corrected.

musogeek
24-01-13, 22:23
Menu > Setup > System > Network > Install Samba.
I thought installing samba was for if I am using the receiver as samba server ?- I am trying to browse NAS drive connected to the network and mount as a network share on the receiver. I have never had to install samba on the Duo - anyway if this is the case I will have to wait until Sunday now:confused:

thanks...

judge
24-01-13, 22:30
Samba has been broken down to 2 parts for quite a while now, server & client.
When you go to install it, you will be given the option to install either or both.