PDA

View Full Version : Remote control allowing only numerals when typing

Thirsty
23-01-13, 19:56
Hi all, I have the latest VIX build installed but still cannot use the remote to add alphabetical test when searching on the web browser or 1Channel. All I can do is add numerals, no letters.
I tried the BH image to check that the remote wasnt defective and confirmed that this is ok.
Have the latest VIX on Duo and all working ok.
So, think its got to be the image. Any news of a solution on the horizon

Thanks

T

souroull
23-01-13, 20:02
same here

noticed this when at the master channel list i tried to scroll down to letter S but the damn thing wouldnt go to any channel other than the one that starts with 9 :)

Trial
23-01-13, 20:20
Hi,
go to settings, RC code and set text input to yes.

ciao

philmein
23-01-13, 22:34
Posted about this the other day no solution was found so I changed to vti and keypad works fine.
I'll stick with vti until a solution is found

judge
23-01-13, 22:45
Posted about this the other day no solution was found so I changed to vti and keypad works fine.

doesn't the solution just above your post work for you?

philmein
23-01-13, 23:20
No the solution above did not work for me unfortunately

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 07:47
noticed this when at the master channel list i tried to scroll down to letter S but the damn thing wouldnt go to any channel other than the one that starts with 9 :)

doesn't the solution just above your post work for you?

No the solution above did not work for me unfortunately
I don't understand it: works flawless here :confused:

You were not using the Ultimo's R/C, were you? Because the keyboard side of that one is indeed not supported.

v8rick
24-01-13, 10:52
I have done these settings and can still only input numbers with remote on solo2 Vix 569
Hi,

ciao

scrupples
24-01-13, 11:37
under settings > system > keyboard - this is set to us, if you change it to dreambox keyboard uk- you can then input text but on my ultimo the text box is black with black text so you cant see it!!

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 11:45
under settings > system > keyboard - this is set to us, if you change it to dreambox keyboard uk- you can then input text but on my ultimo the text box is black with black text so you cant see it!!
Which skin and which screen?

v8rick
24-01-13, 12:10
I thought it wasnt working lol

Thirsty
24-01-13, 21:54
Which skin and which screen?

Magic HD Night
On 1channel imput search box disappears when trying to type.
Same goes for the default skin.

Have tried US key board, German Deutsch and azerty all no go.
Thanks
T

Trial
24-01-13, 22:30
Hi,
in 1channel I have the problem too but when I want to give a timer a name then it works. Perhaps problem in plugin not ViX?

ciao

Thirsty
24-01-13, 22:40
Hi,
in 1channel I have the problem too but when I want to give a timer a name then it works. Perhaps problem in plugin not ViX?

ciao

Dont think so, I have the same problem when trying to add text in the web browser.
Aslo, adding timer details; green button gives a blank name and description field and text cant be added using the RC.

Trial
25-01-13, 08:43
Hi,
you might be right. I had the same problem with renaming a file in dreamexplorer.

Have you tested original image? If yes I can report it VU+.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

v8rick
25-01-13, 15:05
I cant rename recording, search youtube ,basically my remote will only input numbers. I plugged usb keyboard in and that worked
and its easyer than the remote to use

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 15:51
I cant rename recording, search youtube ,basically my remote will only input numbers.
Hmmm, YouTube search works fine here.

Thirsty
25-01-13, 16:04
Hi,
you might be right. I had the same problem with renaming a file in dreamexplorer.

Have you tested original image? If yes I can report it VU+.

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Hi Trial, never spend much time on the original image; out of the box and straight to VIX :)
Have tried it though with Black hole image and the RC works perfectly.
So, dont think its VU+ but a Bug in the Vix image.
Still, its strange that with some people it seems to work and with others it doesnt ???
Thanks
t

philmein
25-01-13, 16:09
Hi Trial, never spend much time on the original image; out of the box and straight to VIX :)
Have tried it though with Black hole image and the RC works perfectly.
So, dont think its VU+ but a Bug in the Vix image.
Still, its strange that with some people it seems to work and with others it doesnt ???
Thanks
t

works in both vti and blackhole

Trial
25-01-13, 19:48
Hi Rob,
can you try renaming a files with dream explorer?

ciao

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 21:30
can you try renaming a files with dream explorer?
Doesn't work indeed.
So we have to find what exactly doesn't work then.

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 21:40
I have the same problem when trying to add text in the web browser.
Aslo, adding timer details; green button gives a blank name and description field and text cant be added using the RC.
Just tried here:
1- In the browser I can add any URL. The box provides me the virtual keyboard for that. Or did you mean something else?
2- In the timers I can't reproduce the problem: in both the name and the description I'm able to add any text I want (text-type).

Thirsty
26-01-13, 00:05
Just tried here:
1- In the browser I can add any URL. The box provides me the virtual keyboard for that. Or did you mean something else?
2- In the timers I can't reproduce the problem: in both the name and the description I'm able to add any text I want (text-type).

Hi Rob, its a while since I used the web browser, but it didnt allow text to be added using the RC.

Timers ; when I use the Green button to record, then green again to add a recording, I have two blank fields for Name and Description. There is no reaction and no text is added when I try to add a name or description over the RC.

Also, under Network -Mounts setup-mount manger- Add new network mount point , I should be able to use the the RC to edit the Local share name, but all I get is a blank field; the default Sharename disappears and no text can be added with the remote.

T

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 04:59
Timers ; when I use the Green button to record, then green again to add a recording, I have two blank fields for Name and Description. There is no reaction and no text is added when I try to add a name or description over the RC.
Works fine gere.

Also, under Network -Mounts setup-mount manger- Add new network mount point , I should be able to use the the RC to edit the Local share name, but all I get is a blank field; the default Sharename disappears and no text can be added with the remote.
Works fine here as well.

What image (version & build) are you using?
And in 'R/C Control Code' you have 'Text support' set to 'Yes'?

Thirsty
26-01-13, 10:53
Works fine gere.

Works fine here as well.

What image (version & build) are you using?
And in 'R/C Control Code' you have 'Text support' set to 'Yes'?

Hi Rob, I am a Twat:( It was the text option. I should have checked this again. In earlier VIX builds I set RC to text but it didnt work, and when I started this post I neglected to check if things had changed. Sorry wasting your time.
However, there is still a problem with the Magic night HD Skin and 1 channel search. But, this is most likely down to the Skin or plugin.
Thanks again to everyone for your time.
T

Rob van der Does
26-01-13, 11:15
OK, So far we have identified 1channel and DreamExplorer as having problems in this area. Any other?

Thirsty
26-01-13, 14:13
OK, So far we have identified 1channel and DreamExplorer as having problems in this area. Any other?

Have checked all VU settings menus and havent found any problems, text via RC works where its supposed to. Seems only to be the 1channel plugin. I have removed the web browser plugin so cant check that.
t

lotar
28-01-13, 11:25
RC don`t work fine; from webif remote is ok bur from RC

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 15:15
Indeed, you're correct: renaming a recording isn't possible.

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 19:47
RC don`t work fine; from webif remote is ok bur from RC
Fixed for next update. Thanks for reporting!

ian
29-01-13, 15:23
Hi hope dont mind if i jump in here. Same problem for me, if you notice you cannot create bouquets neither because no text input. My box is new with vix image preinstalled. I have just updated to latest via downloads section, still the same. vu solo2.
Cheers any help appreciated.

Stanman
30-01-13, 00:10
In the syastem menu is there a remote menu, if so enable textbsupport needs to enabledd

Trial
01-02-13, 18:49
Hi,
with text support = yes it seems fixed in #596. At least I could rename a file in dreamexplorer and could enter a text to search for in 1channel.

ciao

Rob van der Does
01-02-13, 21:28
with text support = yes it seems fixed in #596. At least I could rename a file in dreamexplorer and could enter a text to search for in 1channel.
....and also renaming a recording.