PDA

View Full Version : permanent timeshift

souroull
23-01-13, 19:17
Right, just got me a solo2 with a 500gb hard drive.

I enable permanent timeshift, but i have no idea whether it's working or not because there is no indicator on the box.

So i ftp onto the box in the hdd/timeshift folder and find a file named timeshift.qRfzJ4 and pts_livebuffer.something growing by the second. I though cool it's working, but i try to rewind.... and nothing!

Fast forward today, only timeshift.qRfzJ4 is growing, and pts_livebuffer is not.

I still can't rewind.

Any ideas?

marty
23-01-13, 19:21
Pause then rewind ;)

souroull
23-01-13, 19:29
nothing :(

what are those files and why is ony one of them growing today?

souroull
23-01-13, 20:00
3.5gb into a movie, the timeshift indicator shows -43min when i pause.

Still refuses to rewind.

Pause and fast forward to realtime works fine.

Trial
23-01-13, 20:22
Hi,
try it on a FTA channel. The Solo2 has a little problem when recording scrambled programs using a softcam. It must be a driver issue. We hope it will be fixed.

ciao

souroull
23-01-13, 22:32
Hi,
try it on a FTA channel. The Solo2 has a little problem when recording scrambled programs using a softcam. It must be a driver issue. We hope it will be fixed.

ciao

you are absolutely right it works on FTA

on the other hand, the first two FTA channels i tuned it didnt start perma timeshift, the third time it did, and could rewind just fine

strange

Trial
24-01-13, 09:35
Hi,
not strange driver and/or softcam problem. During recording a scrambled channel all boxes save the data unscrambled. In case of the Solo2 there are some unscrambled packets in the recordings and these cause the problem.

The problem is known a solution not yet.

ciao