PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] remotestreamconvert

twol
23-01-13, 17:44
I have had 2 Xtrend boxes since last November, with the ET9200 as the master and the ET5000 as the slave, both running VIX.
The ET5000 took about 5 minutes to setup and using remote stream convert everything was OK.
Last night I tried an online update on the ET5000 which failed (probably due to a dodgy ethernet connection) and this morning I reflashed with VIX ver 569, when it wouldn't boot (have also tried 514).
Now having downloaded the remotestreamconvert plugin, when I input the ET9200 IP address etc, it connects and then says "download from remote failed"
Setup is :
IP: 192.168.0.xxx
Username: root
Passsword: ********
FTPport: 00021
Passive: yes (have tried No)
Telnetport: 00023

FTP and Telnet are running, and I can access both OK via filezilla and DME.

I can DME the old remote bouquets to the ET5000 and that works fine so picking up the ET9200 tuner.
There is plenty of memory spare on the ET5000 so that is not the problem.

Any ideas???? :confused:

..... and Yes I should have saved the image!!!

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 18:52
Apart from 'you should have saved the image'? No, not really.
I have the same setup here and it's working just fine.

twol
23-01-13, 22:13
Apart from 'you should have saved the image'? No, not really.
I have the same setup here and it's working just fine.
Fixed and backed up.
Remembered that previously I had manually installed from another site, so removed the one from the feeds and manually re-installed........ Now works fine:)
Just took all day!

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 22:18
Euuuhhhh..... are you now suggesting that remotestreamconvert from the feeds doesn't work?

twol
23-01-13, 23:00
Euuuhhhh..... are you now suggesting that remotestreamconvert from the feeds doesn't work?

I have no idea.... I reflashed varios levels 4 time and took the feed version. It was only when i removed and re-installed manually the ipk that it worked using the settings previously defined.
So as I installed from the feed after setting up the tuner and network parameters, it could be something wasn,t defined and the reinstall cleared it....... without redoing it I would hate to blame the feeds, its more likely something that I did or didn't do:)

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 07:49
Anyway: remotestreamconvert from the feeds works fine. I just used it on some 5 boxes.
Of course, whatever which version you use, the server-parameters must be correct.

twol
24-01-13, 10:42
Anyway: remotestreamconvert from the feeds works fine. I just used it on some 5 boxes.
Of course, whatever which version you use, the server-parameters must be correct.

The moral of the story is (as always), don't worry how, but when it works BACK IT UP! :)

im85288
24-01-13, 11:29
I am experiencing what seems to be the same problem. For about a week now I have been getting the "download from remote failed" message. I have a vu solo 2 as the master box running the latest ViX with the remotestreamconvert pluglin installed from the feeds and am using a vu ultimo as the receiver also running the latest Vix with the plugin installed from the feeds.

Thinking back, the only changes I made were to install the new updates on both the boxes.

I have just tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall the plugin but it makes no difference...something strange is even though I uninstall it, when I reinstall it still remembers my ip address of the master box so the settings must be cached somewhere.

What is even more strange is that streaming from the vu solo 2 box is working fine to my XBMC machines using the VU+enigma plugin included in the frodo version, they can find and load the bouquets with no issues at all, so I guess there is something up with the remotestreamconvert plugin on my ultimo.

Any ideas?

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 11:53
I have just tried to uninstall, reboot and reinstall the plugin but it makes no difference...something strange is even though I uninstall it, when I reinstall it still remembers my ip address of the master box so the settings must be cached somewhere.
As for most plugins those settings are in /etc/enigma2/settings
And indeed: on de-installing a plugin the settings are being kept.

twol
24-01-13, 14:28
I am experiencing what seems to be the same problem. For about a week now I have been getting the "download from remote failed" message. I have a vu solo 2 as the master box running the latest ViX with the remotestreamconvert pluglin installed from the feeds and am using a vu ultimo as the receiver also running the latest Vix with the plugin installed from the feeds.

Thinking back, the only changes I made were to install the new updates on both the boxes.

What is even more strange is that streaming from the vu solo 2 box is working fine to my XBMC machines using the VU+enigma plugin included in the frodo version, they can find and load the bouquets with no issues at all, so I guess there is something up with the remotestreamconvert plugin on my ultimo.

Any ideas?

Yep, pretty much what I did ( I hadn't run the plugin since the 2/1/2013, during which I updated both boxes) and I can stream happily to my media player from the main box.
Hate to say this because Rob will kill me (:)) but if you google for the ipk, you could try downloading from another site - if it works it will prove there is a problem with installing from the feeds or not :)
You have nothing to lose - I blew 12 hours yesterday trying to fix this problem until I manually installed the ipk after deinstalling. :mad:

Rob van der Does
24-01-13, 14:33
Hate to say this because Rob will kill me (:)
Don't you worry: I do so very slowly :p

MarsArtis
02-02-13, 11:08
Fixed and backed up.
Remembered that previously I had manually installed from another site, so removed the one from the feeds and manually re-installed........ Now works fine:)
Just took all day!
Hi twol,
I'm experiencing similar issue with the RemoteStream present in Feeds.
Do you know if the plugin you installed via .ipk is compatible with VU+DUO?
Could you please share it. I'd like to give it a try.
Thx in advance

andyblac
02-02-13, 13:00
Hi twol,
I'm experiencing similar issue with the RemoteStream present in Feeds.
Do you know if the plugin you installed via .ipk is compatible with VU+DUO?
Could you please share it. I'd like to give it a try.
Thx in advance

the version in our feeds is different to the other versions, it has been modified to work with our AutoBouquetsMaker plugin.

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 13:02
the version in our feeds is different to the other versions, it has been modified to work with our AutoBouquetsMaker plugin.

Will it work with other autobouquet plug ins? E.g. lraizer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
02-02-13, 13:44
Will it work with other autobouquet plug ins? E.g. lraizer

The only way to know would be to try it, but ABM is not the same as LraiZers plugin and therefore may not be compatible.

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 13:55
When I get chance I'll try. Wouldn't it be adviseable to have 2 versions in the feeds then, as not everybody uses ABM.

twol
02-02-13, 14:43
the version in our feeds is different to the other versions, it has been modified to work with our AutoBouquetsMaker plugin.then I think that it should either be renamed or preferably highlighted as only compatible with your plugin - out of curiosity when was the change made as it could be the reason my system stopped working until I took the ipk from another site - and I don't use your plugin.:)

twol
02-02-13, 14:54
The only way to know would be to try it, but ABM is not the same as LraiZers plugin and therefore may not be compatible.
Based on my experiences the answer is probably no :)

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 15:17
Would you post you're working Ipk please twol. In this thread.

twol
02-02-13, 15:46
Would you post you're working Ipk please twol. In this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2probably tomorrow when I will have time -but as much as
I regard Andy,s work, I am concerned that a "standard" plugin can be changed without any change history to suit another plugin which regardless of its source is not used by everyone.
It may be that my problem was fixed in some other way, but I certainly would have tried the "original" version sooner if I had known our Vix feed version was different, instead of wasting 24 hrs reflashing and tearing out what is left of my hair :)

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 15:51
Cheers mate

Larry-G
02-02-13, 16:35
There is nothing in the original or modified version that would prevent the image from working, the modified version was needed so that users could stream channels generated by The ABM plugin with remote stream convert, or would you rather we didnt discover and fix that particular bug ??.

mickyblueys
02-02-13, 17:00
We'd prefer you had 2 versions, for those of us that don't use ABM, and use another autobouquet.

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 17:21
We'd prefer you had 2 versions, for those of us that don't use ABM, and use another autobouquet.
Naah, that's not what you want: that's a work-around. What you want is one plugin that does it all.
We'll have a look......

twol
02-02-13, 17:23
There is nothing in the original or modified version that would prevent the image from working, the modified version was needed so that users could stream channels generated by The ABM plugin with remote stream convert, or would you rather we didnt discover and fix that particular bug ??.
... And not test it to see if it is still compatible with a non-ABM system..... Come on! I have worked in IT long enough to know that small changes can cause issues, even when it is "obvious" that it will work:)
Fixing bugs is agood idea, potentially introducing new ones is not..... And I am saying potentially because no one seems to know (other than my system now works) and I am not inclined to reinstall the Vix feed to prove it.:)

andyblac
03-02-13, 02:29
... And not test it to see if it is still compatible with a non-ABM system..... Come on! I have worked in IT long enough to know that small changes can cause issues, even when it is "obvious" that it will work:)
Fixing bugs is agood idea, potentially introducing new ones is not..... And I am saying potentially because no one seems to know (other than my system now works) and I am not inclined to reinstall the Vix feed to prove it.:)

i did test, and test, and test, the original only looks for certain filename ie 'userbouquet.xxxxx' ths is a limitation i removed, it will convert ANY bouquet filename for remote streaming, 'our' plugin should work on ALL bouquets. if not please email me your bouquets and i will gladly take a look.

andy.

twol
03-02-13, 12:02
i did test, and test, and test, the original only looks for certain filename ie 'userbouquet.xxxxx' ths is a limitation i removed, it will convert ANY bouquet filename for remote streaming, 'our' plugin should work on ALL bouquets. if not please email me your bouquets and i will gladly take a look.

andy.
So, I agree with people that there should only be one version, so I will hopefully have time in the week, so will re-install the feeds plugin during the week. If it works fine. I will confirm (although what caused my original problem is then anybody's guess), if it doesn't will email the bouquets to Andy.... and see where we go from there :)
It saves confusion with me uploading links etc
Andy, I have never doubted your professionalism, but it is so easy to just miss something when you are under pressure :)

andyblac
03-02-13, 12:07
So, I agree with people that there should only be one version, so I will hopefully have time in the week, so will re-install the feeds plugin during the week. If it works fine. I will confirm (although what caused my original problem is then anybody's guess), if it doesn't will email the bouquets to Andy.... and see where we go from there :)
Andy, I have never doubted your professionalism, but it is so easy to just miss something when you are under pressure :)
yes, for sure, and everyone setup is different. impossible to code for all setups, without debugging.

Larry-G
03-02-13, 12:10

This is exactly why we need debug logs from people who discover problems, instead of them jumping to other images or re-flashing and telling us after the fact.

A good habit to get into would be to set your logs and debug logs to be saved to a USB stick so that if you have to flash the box you dont loose the logs and can still forward them to us. I cant stress enough just how valuable these logs are to us for bug finding etc.

twol
03-02-13, 14:39
This is exactly why we need debug logs from people who discover problems, instead of them jumping to other images or re-flashing and telling us after the fact.

A good habit to get into would be to set your logs and debug logs to be saved to a USB stick so that if you have to flash the box you dont loose the logs and can still forward them to us. I cant stress enough just how valuable these logs are to us for bug finding etc.
I now a USB stick on the 2nd box, so before I rerun with installing from the feeds, apart from Logs Setting pointing to the USB and enabling debug log, anything else I should do??

Larry-G
03-02-13, 15:16
I now a USB stick on the 2nd box, so before I rerun with installing from the feeds, apart from Logs Setting pointing to the USB and enabling debug log, anything else I should do??

off the top of my head that should suffice for now, if you do encounter problems in the future please dont forget those logs, they are as i said invaluable to us.

twol
04-02-13, 13:34

andy.

OK, I have carried out the following on my 2nd box (ET5000)...
Logs on.
Checked plugin still works - OK
Removed "alien" version plugin - restarted enigma
Installed "VIX feed" plugin - restarted enigma
"VIX feed" picks up the original settings - no changes.
Ran plugin - Get message "Download from remote failed" - no display of remote Bouquets.
Removed "VIX feed" plugin - restarted enigma.
Manually re-installed "alien" ipk version from tmp.
Restarted enigma.
Picks up same settings and when run, shows remote Bouquets for download ...... everything OK.

Apart from source, the only other difference is that one is applied via the feeds and one via the "manual" install ipk from tmp

So there appears to be a problem between the VIX feed and my Bouquets which are Mr Mister plus German 19.2E (Henksat) plus Lraizer plugin.
Will PM Andy about sending Bouquets

MarsArtis
05-02-13, 20:44
I've experienced a similar issue described by twol:
here's what I did:
Installed remotestreamconverter from VIX feed on Build 589.
Rebooted box, and was able to fetch the remote bouquets I needed from My second DUO (on build 589 too) in the lan .
For testing I grabbed a DVB-T and a DVB-S bouquet.
The stream for both kind of service was ok.

I then rearranged DVB-T service and so needed to refresh the remote_bouquet.
I did delete the one creatd by the plugin and then tried to get them again.
The plugin returned the message "Download from remote failed" and so nothing was added.
Anyway the stream from existing DVB-S services is still working.
I Tried uninstalling and then reinstalling.
The issue was there.
I tried the latest VIX update to build 600. And the issue is still there. Obviously I tried rebooting both boxes.

I've looked at debug logs but I've not found anything for my little vix knowledge. The only clues:
Debulog Enigma2-02-02-2013_10-36-59.log clearly shows that DVB-T stream has worked for Canale 5 HD and ABC and other channels.
Debulog Enigma2-03-02-2013_21-43-39.log shows another working stream.
I'll post all the debuglogs generated till now.

Duo server build 589
ip. 192.168.1.50
webif 8050

Duo client build 589 than updated to 600
ip. 192.168.1.48
webif 8048

twol
05-02-13, 22:05
Andy sent me a change today that worked for my bouquets, but obviously I cannt say if this will resolve everything....... Perhaps Andy when he gets a minute can comment.

MarsArtis
07-02-13, 08:53
Oh yes Andy,
Please lemme check this tweak on my Duos too, please

Richy-G
10-02-13, 08:16
I'm streaming from my solo 2 to my duo upstairs via home plugs. The boxes are both running latest stable updates, I get few glitches at start of each channel change then it irons itself out and works fine. Is this to be expected ?

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 09:11
Those glitches (only at the start of the stream) suggest that buffering is too low. I experience the same with the DUO; using the ET9200 or the Odin M9 the glitching remains for a long time.
I'm not sure if this is driver related, but I think so.

MarsArtis
10-02-13, 11:20
This spmetimes happens playing movies from a network share too

twol
10-02-13, 11:21
Those glitches (only at the start of the stream) suggest that buffering is too low. I experience the same with the DUO; using the ET9200 or the Odin M9 the glitching remains for a long time.
I'm not sure if this is driver related, but I think so.
With my ET5000 (2nd box), I immediately get a glitch followed by another about 4 seconds later and then it is usually OK.
When I am watching HD (like Sport) on my main box (ET9200), I experience hangs/glitches on the 2nd box which can last a while - I guess that is down to running both tuners on the ET9200 at the same time. When the ET9200 is in standby, the streaming is normally excellent.

MarsArtis
23-02-13, 10:48
I do confirm that Andy fix works on. Duo too with Vix3.0b600

joe6915
24-02-13, 18:45
I do confirm that Andy fix works on. Duo too with Vix3.0b600

HI I am havingt he same problem here.
Can you point me to Andys fix as i have looked through this thread a few times and cannot see any fix?

twol
24-02-13, 20:55
HI I am havingt he same problem here.
Can you point me to Andys fix as i have looked through this thread a few times and cannot see any fix?

On the forums go to linux E1/E2 plugins ..... Same topic, last post by me:)

mickyblueys
24-02-13, 20:55
It has been posted in another thread named similar. it was twol, who posted the fix by Andy.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=198130

joe6915
25-02-13, 22:16
Thanks Lads Fixed