PDA

View Full Version : Problem with GB Quad tuners

langkasuka
23-01-13, 09:59
The tuners are not good compared to my Dreambox 800HD

Tuner A: GIGA DVB-S2 Internal NIM (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: GIGA DVB-S2 Internal NIM (DVB-S2)

Just to give an example, using my Dreambox 800HD, I manual scanned on 108.2 S-band and I got 120 services.

But using GB Quad on both tuners, I only get 77 services.

Another problem is when I switch channel on other satellites, all the transponders from all the satellites lost signal.

I'm using Diseqc 8x1.

The configuration as follows:

LNB1: Sat1 Diseqc 1.1 Ku-band
LNB2: Sat2 Diseqc 1.2 C-band (no USALS) (68.6E-166.0E)
LNB3: Sat3 Diseqc 1.1 Ku-band
LNB4: Sat4 Diseqc 1.1
LNB5: Sat5 Diseqc 1.1
LNB6: Sat6 Diseqc 1.1

I tried to flash the box using images from Openmips, OpenAAF and OpenVIX but same result I get.

Could somebody please help me on this.

langkasuka
24-01-13, 04:39
Is it possible to use the plug & play DVB-S/S2 tuner module.

I was thinking to put it in the free slot 3 or 4.

Stanman
24-01-13, 21:36
Which PNP?

There are currently none released for the GB Quad

langkasuka
27-01-13, 15:34
Which PNP?

There are currently none released for the GB Quad
I thought the DVB-S/S2 tuner module is already in the market.

The only thing that can be found is the DVB-C/T module.

Is there any tuner that can be fitted in GB Quad slot 3 and 4? Not the one from GB?

Stanman
27-01-13, 21:47
No DVB S/S2 tuners for the GB Quad, AFAIK only the VU range and there not compatible with Quad.

New Kernel has been released so USB tuners should be usable soon

langkasuka
28-01-13, 06:26
No DVB S/S2 tuners for the GB Quad, AFAIK only the VU range and there not compatible with Quad.

New Kernel has been released so USB tuners should be usable soon

USB tuners? :cool:

Thank you for the feedback.

Stanman
28-01-13, 22:48
You can use the PCTV 290E USB T2 tuner - this works fine with VIX and the latest kernel on the Quad.

I am using one for the last 6 hours as only updated box today with the drivers and its working brilliantly.

You can also use the USB DVB S2 Sundtek sticks, I have not tried one on the quad but perhaps others have and can fedback.

langkasuka
29-01-13, 19:52
I'm looking for USB DVB S2.

Which drivers are you talking about?

Stanman
30-01-13, 00:01
Pctv is a T2 tuner not sat, for that your ginna have have a look at the sundtek stick.

langkasuka
30-01-13, 16:43
Thanks Stanman.

Do you have any suggestion other than Sundtek Stick.

plasma
01-04-13, 18:49
You can use the PCTV 290E USB T2 tuner - this works fine with VIX and the latest kernel on the Quad.

I am using one for the last 6 hours as only updated box today with the drivers and its working brilliantly.

You can also use the USB DVB S2 Sundtek sticks, I have not tried one on the quad but perhaps others have and can fedback.

Hi

Is pctv 290e usb t2 tuner just plug and play or i must to do something to make it work?

Stanman
02-04-13, 21:48
I would not bother at the moment mate, GB have cocked up the drivers in the latest release, it does work fine with the old drivers, has been reported to them.

plasma
05-04-13, 07:54
Thanks for info Stanman

I will buy it.

Can you tell me is it possible to install two usb dvb-t2 pctv nano tuners to have picture in picture option like i have picture in picture from two integrated dvb-s2 tuners??

Stanman
05-04-13, 20:58
I have never tried it mate, as long as both USB can maintain the power than you should be fine but if your looking at going down this lane than I would suggest buying the SOLO2

plasma
06-04-13, 01:29
Why you think solo2 is better to go ???

I have now on quad 2xdvbs-2 and 2x dvbc/t and want to have 2x usb dvb-t2.

Sicilian
06-04-13, 05:38
The PCTV 290E USB is not currently working in the the GB Quad.

plasma
06-04-13, 07:40
I think it is because of new drivers.

With some older drivers will it work????

Why there is always something bad with every new drivers????

Please,Please if you know on which older image or drivers it will work just tell me

plasma
06-04-13, 07:46
:thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you.

Stanman
06-04-13, 21:30
It will work on the drivers released in January or just before that.
TBH mate, I bought the Gigablue and was quite disappointed with the lack of support on their forum, month and half on and still no feedback, not even an acknoweldgement it is an issue.

I am glad I went down the SOlO2 route.

Having said that, purely for watching telly its a decent enough box.

plasma
06-04-13, 23:09
thanks

Yes there is always something missing,never to see end of problems.

plasma
30-04-13, 21:08
It will work on the drivers released in January or just before that.
TBH mate, I bought the Gigablue and was quite disappointed with the lack of support on their forum, month and half on and still no feedback, not even an acknoweldgement it is an issue.

I am glad I went down the SOlO2 route.

Having said that, purely for watching telly its a decent enough box.

Hi Stanman

I have bought PCTV dvb-t2 tuner but i can not get it to work.I installed old drivers but usb dvb-t2 not work,please can you help me.:eek::thumbsup:

Stanman
30-04-13, 21:58
go to the plugins section of the image and drivers download, you need to download and install the EM28X I think its called and than reboot the box

plasma
30-04-13, 22:20
Yes i found dvb-t2 driver but when i do restart box will not restart i see only logo on lcd and box is frozen.

Which image to use?
When install image then first to load some old drivers and then driver for dvbt2 ,because i see thet it works only with some old drivers.

Stanman
01-05-13, 11:35
Which VIX build are you on?

Do a settings back up and than update to the very latest.

Using one here and works fine until recording starts on dvb tuners and than you get a black screen unless you were using the T 2

plasma
01-05-13, 22:30
Hi Stanman

1. I have installed latest vix image.
2. Installed PCTV dvb-t2 drivers.
3.install usb dvb-t2 tuner.
4.Box recognize usb dvb-t2 tuner.
5.box can not find any channel on dvb-t2 network.
6.when try to load older quad driver box do no want to restart.
7.I think thet quad drivers are problem because my tuner work on gigablue 800 and azbox me.
8.I just do not know how this dvb-t2 tuner worked earlier this year and it is strange thet there is no one member with dvb-t2 tuner.

Stanman
02-05-13, 13:25
Can you do me a favour and take a pic of the remove plugin and drivers screen as well as the tuner configuration for the T2 tuner plz.

As I said using one here works fine with current drivers until a recording kicks in and even than only if your not on T2 does it go black.

plasma
03-05-13, 16:31
Can you do me a favour and take a pic of the remove plugin and drivers screen as well as the tuner configuration for the T2 tuner plz.

As I said using one here works fine with current drivers until a recording kicks in and even than only if your not on T2 does it go black.

Hi

When i install latest Vix,box recognize dvb-t2 tuner but will not find any channels because of wrong kernel or wrong drivers for dvb-t2 usb tuner.

Here is the solution:

1.Install Open RSI latest image that one has in it an old / new kernel 3.5.1 and not the new which make problem (driver or kernel something is wrong).

2.When you install it, then download the quad driver from 25/01/2013, which is compatible with 3.5.1 Kernel and that is the last which worked on DVB-T2 tuner.

3.Then run from the server driver for Tuner, reboot box and then insert the quad driver of /25/01/2013.

4.After another reboot everything works like clockwork.

For now I do not know what would have consequences for the stability of the kernel 3.5.1 because gigablue back old kernel 3.3.6 because it is bcm something do wrong.Goal was to force the tuner to work, and i did it.

On 25.01.2013 drivers is bug for Gigablue internal dvb-c tuner and if you install driver after thet your dvb-c will work but dvb-t2 will not work.Because of thet latest driver on which dvb-t2 works is 25.01.2013 on 3.5.1 kernel.