PDA

View Full Version : epg issues

mark_hopley
03-04-10, 00:11
Is anyone having any issues with the rytec epg plugin. When I move around the multi graph epg the highlighted box can cover 3 programmes at once and also I have numerous channels that show as no shedule available like sky sports 4 and sky action movies.

Sicilian
03-04-10, 08:15
Cant check Rytec right now as yesterday I installed Dream Elite 1.2, seen posts satmate EPG being good. Dream elite import's epg.dat files, got to be honest the satmate epg does give more or less 7 days EPG for all UK channels. It needs to be manually added though to Dream Elite EPG panel: -

Satmate_sky.UK
http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz

mark_hopley
03-04-10, 10:33
Thought you was a pli man sic. "eye candy" springs to mind on the dream elite lol. Are you now converted? I might have to have a look myself if you recommend enough!

Sicilian
03-04-10, 10:37
Thought you was a pli man sic. "eye candy" springs to mind on the dream elite lol. Are you now converted? I might have to have a look myself if you recommend enough!

Let me play around with it a bit more first. Not 100% sure about it just yet lol.

mark_hopley
03-04-10, 12:49
Is there the auto res plugin available to download from the dream elite server on that image m8?

Sicilian
03-04-10, 14:08
Is there the auto res plugin available to download from the dream elite server on that image m8?

yes there is, press green button to access downloads.

Sicilian
05-04-10, 08:30
I think I might be converted :P

Been using Dream Elite 1.2 now for a few days, got to say i've been quite impressed. I hated their spinning timer/dice things lol, had to get rid of them http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/vu-plus-duo-dream-elite-images/replace-the-dream-elite-spinning-dice-with-the-defualt-egg-timer/

The epg has been working great, I added the satmate UK epg and I've got to say its does give more than the Rytec UK EPG.

I think the biggest area where the Dream Elite images fall down is updates. With OpenPLI, when new drivers get released you can just perform a software update, Dream Elite images would need a re-flash when fixes/drivers are implemented.

bobonthejob
06-04-10, 10:10
Whats going on?!!! Converted?

mark_hopley
09-04-10, 00:14
I was using pli from day one of purchase but have give the dream elite 1.2 a go. For me I much prefer the whole layout. Love the Black shadowline skin. Recommend to anyone

bobonthejob
09-04-10, 16:43
Looks like i am going to be taking the plunge...

paul362
13-04-10, 09:03
Looks like i am going to be taking the plunge...

I have always used Black hole images on my dm800's and find its the bees and so easy to navigate, ill be adding the new BH 1.3 to my VU+ (when it finally arrives) fingers crossed.

Sicilian
13-04-10, 09:14
I've got to admit, I think I've been converted to Dream Elite images. The latest 1.3 does have a software update feature, not sure if it updates drivers etc just yet, but time will tell.

paul362
13-04-10, 09:25
I've got to admit, I think I've been converted to Dream Elite images. The latest 1.3 does have a software update feature, not sure if it updates drivers etc just yet, but time will tell.

As stated ive done the rounds on images as far as usability and speed (i cant comment on VTI yet) and always end up back on the BH images they are just so well layed out.:cool:

Sicilian
13-04-10, 09:36
I think the VTI images are very good too, the only thing that they lack is a decent EPG grabber.

dfdream
13-04-10, 12:50
Sic, Is the Dream Elite Enigma2 only. I have a 7020 lying around not for testing.

Also this issue I have with the info bar and the All Channels list not having the Sat position on it , is this available on any of the built in Skins on Dream ELite.

dfdream
13-04-10, 12:52
Should proof read my posts before sending.

I meant I have a 7020 lying around not in use that I could use for testing.

Sicilian
13-04-10, 13:00
There's no Dream Elite image for the 7020, only the old Nabilosat images. The screenshot below shows you what the infobar looks like, the small window on the left is what you get after pressing OK twice. By pressing OK once you just get the light infobar alone. This can be changed in the settings to get a full infobar on one OK press.