PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Swap file issues

satnav
22-01-13, 15:52
I have just updated Duo to VIX569. When i go to VIX, Swap file, it doesn't allocate any space as gives a warning in
SWAP place "Warning"
Size = blank.
Status "Inactive"

I have copied a Duo Swap file from a forum post into HDD root but still not seen. Help please. :)

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 17:11
Both my duos running 569, and 96MB swap files without problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

satnav
22-01-13, 17:20
Great but how did you get them please?

johnd200
22-01-13, 17:33
I have had the same issue for a long time

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 17:41
I just enabled them in the vix menu-swap manager. I had them set to USB if I remember correctly, but later changed to hdd.

satnav
22-01-13, 17:45
Mm something wrong as no options for HDD or USB. I also noticed I have the same issue as my ultimo in that reading logs causes a restart. :(

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 17:53
It might pay you to full flash, it sounds like something may be corrupted

satnav
22-01-13, 18:16
Thanks mate but that's how I got here I spent sometime today updating from VIX2.XXX to latest, with no restores etc complete install!!!! :(

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 18:30
Thanks mate but that's how I got here I spent sometime today updating from VIX2.XXX to latest, with no restores etc complete install!!!! :(

Can you post a screen shot of you're swap manager screen?

satnav
22-01-13, 18:35
I have just updated Duo to VIX569. When i go to VIX, Swap file, it doesn't allocate any space as gives a warning in
SWAP place "Warning"
Size = blank.
Status "Inactive"

I have copied a Duo Swap file from a forum post into HDD root but still not seen. Help please. :)

No afraid not now its in use and the router wont let me in where it is! But it looks like Quote with no red button options on the green and yellow buttons, blue button shown but no options.

The tick box for activate is green.

mickyblueys
22-01-13, 19:51
If coloured button icons are there but not named, definitely sounds like you're image has not installed correctly.

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 10:49
Mm something wrong as no options for HDD or USB. I also noticed I have the same issue as my ultimo in that reading logs causes a restart. :(
Devices will only show if
1- mounted
2- formatted in Ext2/3/4 (best format via the box)
see mountmanager for that info.

satnav
23-01-13, 11:50
Thanks, But HDD is mounted as was the USB stick checked with mount manger both usable and in use for backup, picons etc.

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 11:56
Thanks, But HDD is mounted as was the USB stick checked with mount manger both usable and in use for backup, picons etc.
As I said the devices should be formatted in Etx2/3/4; apparently that's not the case.

pooface
23-01-13, 12:14
As rob says, must be in ext format. If you telnet in to your box and issue the command mount, it should tell you the format, as below:

tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type ext4 (rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

satnav
23-01-13, 12:26
The HDD is formatted to the latest EXT4 by the box when it was first installed by me.

Rob van der Does
23-01-13, 12:42
Please use 'mount' to make sure it's ext4.
If it is I have no explanation why it doesn't show up as possible swap location.

satnav
23-01-13, 12:44
Thanks, but yes already opened mount and saved config both are visible and both mounted.

pooface
23-01-13, 12:48
Thanks, but yes already opened mount and saved config both are visible and both mounted.

I think Rob means to issue the mount command in telnet, and post the output like what I posted above...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

judge
23-01-13, 12:49

You really have problems when it comes to anyone trying to help you.
What do you mean by "already opened mount and saved config"?
can you post a screenie of the output of mount command please.

satnav
23-01-13, 13:14
At this moment in time I do not have access to the box so cant post any screen shots etc!
When I was looking at the issue yesterday using the VIX Mount app it showed the HDD was mounted and its format was EXT4. Also when i purchased both of these boxes I formatted both the HDD to EXT4 as advised by Our Sponsor. Whilst I am not a Unix, Linux or any other sort of software expert I am an experienced hardware engineer.
I have tried to use the telnet command on my Ultimo in preparation to getting access to Duo but tmpfs command is not recognized. I tried

tmpfs /media
tmpfs /media/hdd
tmpfs ?

all say not found
Other commands give results to command ? What am I missing please? :)

pooface
23-01-13, 13:30
Just type "mount"

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

satnav
23-01-13, 13:37
Thanks, that worked great both drives on Ultimo are EXT4, I will try on DUO shortly and report back. :)

satnav
23-01-13, 14:37
OK tested Duo with telnet Mount command defiantly says EXT4 format. :eek: